News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2019 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, December 30, 2017, 02:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on May 30, 2018, 05:04:00 AM
Quote from: MoarCrossovers on May 29, 2018, 05:27:45 PM
I wanna see Safari or another company do Martharaptor, if only because I just discovered the species and find the name hilarious.

MARTHA!!!!!!!

I want to see a Snoopdoggraptor.

Joe the Spinosaurus

I would like a new Spinosaurus.

Shonisaurus

An updated Safari spinosaurus would be great and with an acceptable size, at least at the same scale as the feathered Tyrannosaurus of 2017 made by one of my favorite sculptors Doug Watson.

In my case I have no preferences regarding the spinosaurus sculptor of Safari updated version.

Shonisaurus

I give you a video about the supposed dinosaurs that Spinodude Reviews speculates and sincerely, they seem totally logical to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTQGAi01WxY

A deinosuchus Safari would be a good substitute for the Carnegie deinosuchus.
On the other hand a sarcosuchus seems to me within the logic to counteract the deinosuchus and sarcosuchus of Rebor.

Regarding the styracosaurus and allosaurus reedictions by Safari would be great a styracosaurus made by the great Doug Watson who competed with the Collecta for example. Doug Watson makes ceraptosidos of outstanding quality paleoartĂ­sticas works of first quality.

The allosaurus would be interesting to reissue a new allosaurus sincerely I would like a premium allosaurus being frank there are allosaurus on the part of the good dinosaur toy brands but I still have not touched the sensitive part to date none. I hope that now Safari or another company makes a majestic one.

On the other hand, the Yi qi is a species much awaited by a considerable part of the members of the forum among which I am.

An updated spinosaurus by Safari would be great to do the competition to other companies that have already done so.

We can check at the end of the year if these predictions are real or not. I pray at least for one of them to be fulfilled.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I'm pretty sure we will get a mega-croc from Safari sometime soon, however, Sarcosuchus seems to have slightly eclipsed Deinosuchus as the public favorite, or at least the one makers of dinosaur paraphernelia have been choosing to present to the public. Since Safari has also done slightly more obscure croc-line animals in the past, I'd say there's also a slim but not insignificant possibility they might throw us a complete curveball and give us a Purrusaurus instead.

Styracosaurus is definitely casting a large shadow over future predictions: as a favorite even among more casual dinosaur fans, it's only a matter of time before we see a new one. However, with all the wonderfully obscure ceratopsians we've been getting, I honestly don't feel confident in predicting its return for any specific year. All I can say is "soon".

I'd say something similar for Allosaurus and Spinosaurus, too.

Yi qi seems like a pretty outside chance to me. It sounds more like something Collecta would do.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 03, 2018, 02:38:40 PM
Yi qi seems like a pretty outside chance to me. It sounds more like something Collecta would do.

Although if Safari wants to take that as a challenge, I certainly wouldn't object......  ;) ;D

Ravonium

Most of his predictions are reasonable, but I don't think a new giant prehistoric crocodile is amongst their prioritites for the Carnegie replacements.

As for Yi qi, how many times has that been predicted for both Safari Ltd and CollectA without it being correct? Exactly, I don't think Yi qi will be amongst the new releases.

tanystropheus

I would like to see a few more exotic -suchus and a remake of Carnegie's Spinosaurus.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Ravonium on July 03, 2018, 04:27:24 PM
As for Yi qi, how many times has that been predicted for both Safari Ltd and CollectA without it being correct? Exactly, I don't think Yi qi will be amongst the new releases.

Maybe CollectA will surprise us and make a 1:1 Yi Qi.

Arrancon

I'd like to see the following:

Dinosaurs: Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Muttaburrasaurus, Shuuvia, Balaur, Centrosaurus, Plateosaurus

Non-Dinosaurs: Megalenia, Wolly Rhinoceros, Synthetoceras, Simosuchus, Pterygotus, Pterodaustro

amargasaurus cazaui

The time for protoceratops has come I am guessing.....and we need need need the new Azul fossil represented as a sculpt....Doug has demonstrated a propensity for researching and making the best nodosaurids and ankylosaurs so ...we need that ! Regarding the latter, we definitely have solid fossil material to support a sculpt, it would be timely and besides...you have to love any dinosaur named after a character from Ghostbusters......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jose S.M.

I want a Protoceratops so much. I was expecting one to be released this year following the Velociraptor update, I hope this is  Protoceratops year.

Shonisaurus

I think they can do the styracosaurus and the sinoceratops (for the Jurassic World movie).

On the other hand a stygimoloch would be well received by Safari.

In my case I prefer dinosaurs without scale.

DerbesSchuhwerk

I really long for a Allosaurus figure that suits my taste.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Ivysaur on July 05, 2018, 08:48:44 PM
Really want a ketrosaurus from Safari. Schleich is the only brand with lovely kentro. Needs come competition

They made one some years ago but it got discontinued not long before release. I don't know of they will be interested in reissue it but it would be nice, maybe bigger than the first one.

tanystropheus

Really want a ketrosaurus from Safari. Schleich is the only brand with lovely kentro. Needs come competition

Definitely need some competition. I am still holding on to my decades old Tyco Kentro. It's a masterpiece. Unfortunately, it is out of scale with almost every other stegosaurid in the market. Papo, REBOR, Vitae and PNSO would make some terrific Kentros, as well.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 05, 2018, 09:33:22 PM

They made one some years ago but it got discontinued not long before release. I don't know of they will be interested in reissue it but it would be nice, maybe bigger than the first one.

It was a cute model... but the goofy eyes on the Safari Ltd. Kentro are reminiscent of that recently discovered googly eyed squid.

Night Maw

My personal wishlist for Safari 2019;

• Allosaurus
  • Stegosaurus
  • Styracosaurus
  • Protoceratops
  • Spinosaurus
  • Herrerasaurus
  • Epidexipteryx
  • Deinosuchus
  • Elasmotherium
  • Chalicotherium
  • Ambulocetus
  • Paraceratherium
  • Moschops

I hope, from this year onward, we see a lot more diversity of prehistoric creatures, have a mix of dinosaurs, along with mammals, synapsids, amphibians and fish.

Neosodon

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 05, 2018, 09:39:46 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 05, 2018, 09:33:22 PM

It was a cute model... but the goofy eyes on the Safari Ltd. Kentro are reminiscent of that recently discovered googly eyed squid.
I was going to get one a little while back but it was already discontinued. So I just got the collecta one instead and it' actually not bad. But safari could certainly use a new stegosaur.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Halichoeres

Quote from: Night Maw on July 05, 2018, 09:59:24 PM

I hope, from this year onward, we see a lot more diversity of prehistoric creatures, have a mix of dinosaurs, along with mammals, synapsids, amphibians and fish.

Yes!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: