News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2019 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, December 30, 2017, 02:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Because why not?

At the top of my list is Stegosaurus. The current Safari figure is showing its age, painfully. Doug Watson has already given us magnificent new versions of T. rex, Triceratops, and Ankylosaurus, so my fingers are crossed for a roofed lizard prototype in his basement workshop!

Others on my list include:

Deinonychus
Mononykus
Allosaurus
Gorgosaurus
Corythosaurus
Plateosaurus
Edaphosaurus
Pteranodon (preferably in a standing pose)
Rhomaleosaurus
Elasmotherium
Titanis
Arctodus
Megaloceras
Platybelodon

What about you?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

I'll probably get almost every dinosaurs they'll make, but I want Stegosaurus to be made as soon as possible, Allosaurus, any dromeosaur, any ceratopsian, but I would like to see Kosmoceratops or Pentaceratops specially, for ornithopods Maiasaura or Edmontosaurus. I really want to see a Pachycephalosaurus too, it's one  of the classic dinosaurs from my childhood but there's no figure of it that I really like.

Shonisaurus

My wishes for Safari 2019 are as follows:

Prehistoric mammals:
-Paraceratherium
-Smilodon (reissued by Doug Watson to a larger size)
-Elasmotherium
-Gomphotherium or Platybelodon
- Andrewsarchus
-Arsinoitherium (new edition with increased size)
-Deinotherium
Dinosaurs
-Tarbosaurus
-Stegosaurus (new version)
-Styracosaurus
-Other ceratopsid (Medusaceratops, Kosmoceratops, Arrhinoceratops, Chasmosaurus, Pentaceratops, Sinoceratops, Centrosaurus, Protoceratops, Anchiceratops, Torosaurus or Monoclonius).
-Albertosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Alioramus or a "Pinocchio rex" or a Gorgosaurus
-Camarasaurus (new version)
- Tenontosaurus, Muttaburrasaurus or a Lurdusaurus
-Lambeosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Corythosaurus, Hypacrosaurus or Edmontosaurus (new paleoartistic appearance according to the latest discoveries)
-Gigantoraptor
Other prehistoric animals:
-Estemmenosuchus
-Moschops
-Moa
-Reedition of the dodo (Raphus Cucullatus)
-Sarcosuchus, Deinosuchus or a Rutiodon
-Pteranodon (reissue), Preondactylus, Ludodactylus, Guidraco (which competes with the Collecta brand), Thalassodromeus Shetii, Dsungaripterus, Pterodaustro.

I believe that if some of my dreams were fulfilled with Safari 2019 I was more than happy.

suspsy

Sarcosuchus or Deinosuchus would be nice, especially given that we know Doug can pull off crocodilians as well as he can dinosaurs. So would Purrussaurus.

I should hasten to add that I'd be fine with any of my desired toys being sculpted by our mystery second Safari artist. He/she is superb!

stargatedalek

Turtles! We need more turtles! :P

Amphibians and birds would also be nice, CollectA's Kelenken is somehow alone as far as large terror birds go.

Jose S.M.

Besides dinosaurs, I would like something like Stemmenosuchus (but if they do it people will say they copied Collecta probably), Placerias, updated Postosuchus. I would like to see small mammals, only big mammals get the attention in the mass market. And also smaller reptiles that lived among the big creatures always preferred for toy markets. These last two wishes could make good tubes I think.

John

I would like to see one or both of the two remaining ceratopsians from the Carnegie Museum's line turn up again (Protoceratops and/or Styracosaurus) by whichever sculptor felt like doing them. :)
It would also be interesting to see Giraffatitan or Brontosaurus turn up eventually.
Or anything prehistoric the sculptors felt like doing. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Patrx

Great list, Suspsy! Let me think...

Protoceratops: Evidence suggests that Doug would knock this one out of the park, and for such a famous dinosaur, there just aren't many options.
Deinonychus: After 2017's jaw-dropping Velociraptor, I'm very interested to see how a larger dromaeosaur might turn out.
Utahraptor: See above; Utahraptor in particular is interesting because of some of the new data coming to light via the Utahraptor Project.
Ornitholestes: There are lots of ways to reconstruct this one, I'd be curious to see what either sculptor could come up with.
Hypsilophodon: Definitely in favor, as I've mentioned at basically every opportunity, of small dinos done in larger scales. This one's so well-known that the absence of suitable plastic reconstructions seems strange.
Heterodontosaurus: Similar rationale to the above, a famous dinosaur representative of an important group that's rarely seen.
Eohippus: If we must have some mammals, this little one would be great. It's interesting to examine the beginnings of well-known modern animals.
Ambulocetus A whale that looks so little like a whale - what could be more fascinating?

Dinoguy2

Pterodactylus. We haven't got one since DinoRiders and it's gotten a few updates since then...
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Patrx

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on December 30, 2017, 08:09:58 PM
Pterodactylus. We haven't got one since DinoRiders and it's gotten a few updates since then...

Oh, seconded! I forgot to include that one.

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 30, 2017, 02:59:03 PM

Yeah, a Meiolania would be most welcome!

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on December 30, 2017, 08:09:58 PM

Another excellent suggestion.

tanystropheus

Pterodacytlus was missing so long I forgot it was a real animal  ;D

Also, Pteranodon, Stegosaurus and Allosaurus need to be revisited. Don't forget Mamenchisaurus (I hope it is the sculptor that did the Diplo and Amarga) , Camarasaurus and Saltasaurus (I hope it is the sculptor that did the awesome osteoderm impressions on the Malawisaurus). Please bring back "Maiasaura and Nest". I hope Doug Watson makes an Edaphosaurus too.

Faelrin

Of the ones of the top of my head that I've mentioned many times by now: Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Styracosaurus, Carnotaurus, Deinonychus and/or Utahraptor. Others I'd like to see made or remade at some point: Ouranosaurus, Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Baryonyx, Pachycephalosaurus, Protoceratops, Pentaceratops, Kentrosaurus, remake of the Mosasaurus and Pteranodon. Anything goes (in other words surprise me) for Cenozoic and Paleozoic creatures.

Edit: Pretty cool to see how many I've wanted to see done, have been done for 2019 now, what with the new Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Styracosaurus, Carnotaurus, and Pteranodon, with some nice surprises among them.

Edit 10/2/19: We got a new Deinonychus and Pachycephalosaurus now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

BlueKrono

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 31, 2017, 01:42:20 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on December 30, 2017, 02:59:03 PM

YES!!

Thirded. I have a custom Proganochelys ordered from Vitor Silva which will be finished sometime in 2018.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

I'd like to echo these suggestions from other users:

Stegosaurus
Dienonychus
Corythosaurus
Plateosaurus
Stegosaurus
Centrosaurus
Lurdusaurus
Alioramus
Moschops
Pterodactylus
Preondactylus

And I'd like to add a request for more of ANYTHING Paleozoic, in standard or Toob form, more fish, more plants, and more invertebrates. With the Inostrancevia gone, the Dimetrodon needs company. With the Prehistoric Crocs and Cambrian Life Toobs gone, we need new options for small diorama animals. And I wouldn't mind some new crocodilians, but I think some more notosuchians would be more interesting than another Deinosuchus. The Kaprosuchus is fantastic and wouldn't it be nice to put a Baurusuchus, Caipirasuchus, or Simosuchus alongside?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

My list, mostly echoing other people's, runs along these lines:

Protoceratops
Wendiceratops
Centrosaurus
Maiasaura - and echoing someone else, with a new take on her nest
Ouranosaurus
Hypsilophodon
Camarasaurus
Gigantoraptor
Mei
Perhaps any one of the newer Chinese dinosaurs with which we are less familiar

Lystrosaurus

Shonisaurus

I believe that the protoceratops and the pterodacylus are two prehistoric animals very undervalued in the companies of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals. There are representations but not enough, compared to other prehistoric animals such as quetzalcoatlus or triceratops to give two examples.

The protoceratops and pterodactylus are two animals whose skeletal parts and remains are quite considerable.

I understand that Safari could mass-produce these two updated figures again and in a medium-large or at least bulky size like the regaliceratops or dimetrodon Safari 2018.  :)

Dobber

My wish list is:

Deinonychus
Utahraptor
Dakotaraptor
Alamosaurus

Chris

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

spinosaurus1

I need some of the larger species of titanosaur in my collection. And need them to be in an impressive size. Honestly I believe that large titanosaur of large size is seriously under represented

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: