News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I have a question....

Started by Lambeoraptor, January 13, 2018, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lambeoraptor

On my quest to get to know everyone on here from fellow amateur Paleontologists, Paleoartists, to Dinosaur ethicists; my question follows:

Have any of you ever seen/watched the old Paleoworld T.V series back in the 90's?

I've always watched this when I was a kid and I'm curious if others also as well....

ITdactyl

The only episode I remember watching (and re-watching) is "Flight of the Pterosaurs".

The first time it was broadcast here in Manila, it was in the 11PM time slot on a Monday - had to stay up late and wake at 4AM for school the next day.  I was drawing pterosaurs (while nursing a headache)  with my notes the whole day. ;D

The series is available on Youtube though, for those who haven't seen it.  The info might be a bit dated. :))

Lambeoraptor

Quote from: ITdactyl on January 13, 2018, 11:04:51 AM
The only episode I remember watching (and re-watching) is "Flight of the Pterosaurs".

The first time it was broadcast here in Manila, it was in the 11PM time slot on a Monday - had to stay up late and wake at 4AM for school the next day.  I was drawing pterosaurs (while nursing a headache)  with my notes the whole day. ;D

The series is available on Youtube though, for those who haven't seen it.  The info might be a bit dated. :))

Oooo! Enjoy! Pretty good T.v Series! ;)

Lanthanotus

There was a serious lack of dinosaur related content on German TV when I grew up.... the only one I really remember was this, translated for sure.  There was actually some moderation around that series and that was what made me aware of the book "Dino Park" which I than got right when it hit the shelves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp5FaNe-zTM

sauroid

i just saw a second hand book related to the TV series Dinosaur! just today and i was tempted to buy it
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Syndicate Bias

Oooh I was a bit late for that sadly. I mostly just grew up with walking with dinosaurs and monsters and a bunch of other t rex and dinosaur documentaries I believe giant if the Patagonia and dinosaur planet as well (not planet dinosaur thatbis a very diffwrent show series)

terrorchicken

is that the one that use to air on Discovery Channel(or History Channel, cant remember which)? it would cover different prehistoric animals, not just dinosaurs. There was one ep about terror birds and another one about the thylacine(I think.)

CityRaptor

I got some old german VHS and a DVD set with Paleoworld episodes.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 13, 2018, 10:23:29 PM
There was a serious lack of dinosaur related content on German TV when I grew up.... the only one I really remember was this, translated for sure.  There was actually some moderation around that series and that was what made me aware of the book "Dino Park" which I than got right when it hit the shelves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp5FaNe-zTM

Translated and shortened for time. Yep, I also heard about Dino Park there, but sadly I did not get the book until a few years later.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.