News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bullyland figures

Started by juju1305, July 25, 2012, 07:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juju1305

hello, I have shared my Starlux collection in the Starlux thread http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,643.0.html

But I have a bunch of other figures. I collect Safari/Carnegie, CollectA, Schleich, Papo and Bullyland.

I'll start with pics of my Bullyland collection.

Belemnite and ammonite. Really love these two.

The mastondosaurus is wonderful. The paratypotorax's head is messed up, but it's paratypotorax, I d'ont think any other company has produced this animal (or maybe some Japanese manufacturer?)

The batrachotomus looks like a gargoyle but i like it. I love the arizonasaurus. Both emulate their life-size replicas at the Stuttgart natural history Museum in Germany (Bullyland has a partnership with this museum).

Both figures are retired, I really like the liliensternus.

Glorious sauropods. The brachio (giraffa...) looks like it's rolling its eyes up. It also exists in brown. The apatosaurus is retired and getting harder to find.

The stegosaurus is imo one of the best if not the best dinosaur figure by Bullyland. I got the archaeopteryx from the Berlin natural history museum shop. There is a blue version but it was not available anymore.

Both these figures are retired. The deinonychus has a vintage posture but is a wonderful figure. The pachycephalosaurus exists with a blue head as well (but I prefer this one)

This T-rex was my first bullyland figure as a child. This sculpt is still on the market but with a much nicer color (though the eyes are now messed up on most T-rex figures i've seen so far while they're fine on this one). The parasaurolophus is retired. This is the second color version, the first one had red eyes that made it look like a zombie.

Super boring Styracosaurus. On the other hand, the triceratops is really epic. I love it though it's not the most accurate triceratops on the market of course.

Really cool pteranodon. There is another version with spread wings. Very nice vintage diatryma (gastornis). It's been retired for years but Bullyland has brought this figure (and most of the mammal figures as well as the mastondosaurus above) back on the market.

Anchitherium and andrewsarchus. Two formerly retired figures back on the market.

Chalicotherium is my favorite mammal from this series. The megatherium is a huge figure, i don't like it much though.

Gomphotherium and Deinotherium. The latter sold up to $150 on ebay while retired. It's now back in stores :)

Eusmilus and Smilodon. They look almost cartoony but I really love these two cats.

Epic mammoth figure and a decent megaloceros.

Really cool wooly rhino. The bear (ursus spelaeus) is a bit boring though.

[Edit: August 13, 2012, Additions]

Quite cool leptopterygius, though a bit too toyish for my taste. Epic elasmosaurus with a snake-neck (an alternate to the swan-neck I guess) and a really cool color scheme.

V2 pachycephalosaurus with the blue head. On second thought, I like them both, looks like a nice male/female combination. The elusive procynosuchus. It's a quite tiny figure but quite well done.

[Edit: September 6, 2012: addition]

Nice ankylosaurus. It is a retired figure (sadly, because I think it's a nice one)

[Edit: September 8, 2012: additions]

Super bright and colorful iguanodon. I like this figure, it's one of the best Bullyland figures on the market, despite the very bright colors. Tyrannosaurus Rex with a totally different color scheme from the original grey one. I like this paint scheme much better than the grey one, but the head is messed up compared to the original ones (especially the eyes).

Overall I really like these figures. They are not the most accurate, but Bullyland has produced species that no other manufacturer has. Furthermore, the company is using a unique plastic thermoplast, which is pvc-free and has therefore less impact on health (this is really meaningful for children who play countless hours with the figures). Another nice feat is that the bipedal figures stand without any tripod trick of some kind, they stand, period.

There are a few more of there figures I'm getting. The new iguanodon is quite cool, and so are the ichtyosaur and elasmosaur. I'm struggling with their theropods though. The spinosaur has to be the ugliest figure on the market. The therizinosaurus looks too toyish, the allosaurus often has a terrible paint job (making it look like it's grinning). The giganotosaur has great proportions but the eyes are often messed up and the posable jaws is far from the papo quality (though much better than that of the spino which is terrible). The dilophosaurus is also terrible imo. The velociraptor looks really good from above, but freaky otherwise. As for non-dinosaurs, the dimetrodon is much better than the previous version, but the posable jaw makes it look like it's making an impression of the Joker. The pteranodon is cool (but far less than the now retired pteranodon sternbergi figures).

Paleona

I really do love how your posts turn out to be guides.  It's very pleasing to look at.  Very impressive.

That batrachotomus really has a lot of character, I like him! 

juju1305

Quote from: Paleona on July 25, 2012, 08:26:59 PM
I really do love how your posts turn out to be guides.  It's very pleasing to look at.  Very impressive.

That batrachotomus really has a lot of character, I like him!

Oh thanks a lot, I really appreciate your comment  ^-^  I love finding out about the history behind the figures, the companies. Actually I love less than 2 hours away from the bullyland and schleich headquarters, I'll find out if it's possible to visit, that would be cool.

As for the batrachotomus, yeah, he's kind of not so fine but so lovable :) same with the arizonasaurus.

Bokisaurus

Very nice collection of Bully's :) Ca't wait to see the rest of your collection. Nice pics btw ;)

juju1305

Quote from: Bokisaurus on July 26, 2012, 07:58:57 AM
Very nice collection of Bully's :) Ca't wait to see the rest of your collection. Nice pics btw ;)

Thanks a lot :)  for some reason, I love the bully's. They're almost cartooney and have a LOT of personnality.
as for the pics, thanks, that beige tablecloth does a great job as a neutral background  :))
I'll post more pictures of other brands soon.

reidak12

I totally envy the t rex. I cannot find one in that walking with dinosaurs color scheme anywhere! >:(

Libraraptor

I love the Archaeopteryx version you have more than the blue one! And, also, I like the rest of your Bullylands. Now I´m going to look at your Starlux!

DinoToyForum

Your posts are so thorough and photographs so clear :)

Bulyland thread perhaps?  O:-)

juju1305

Quote from: reidak12 on July 27, 2012, 05:49:15 AM
I totally envy the t rex. I cannot find one in that walking with dinosaurs color scheme anywhere! >:(

This T-rex still exists but with a different paint scheme. The new colors are more vibrant, but the head was better on the original one imo

juju1305

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 27, 2012, 09:18:26 AM
I love the Archaeopteryx version you have more than the blue one! And, also, I like the rest of your Bullylands. Now I´m going to look at your Starlux!

I really live the green archaeo :) I agree that it's better than the blue one, but for the sake of collecting, i'll try and get a blue one too  ;D

juju1305

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 27, 2012, 12:09:58 PM

whatever the ADMINS say  :)) should I rename it?

juju1305

I renamed the thread :)

SBell

Apparently the Pteranodon species that Bully made (P. sternbergei) was reclassified as its own genus, Geosternbergia.

And the two figures are awesome (never mind the sweet little Ischrhiza that comes with the flying one).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: juju1305 on July 29, 2012, 09:59:14 PM

Brilliant! I'll move this topic to the 'dinosaur toy lines' board, I hope you don't mind.

juju1305

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 29, 2012, 10:28:20 PM
Quote from: juju1305 on July 29, 2012, 09:59:14 PM

Brilliant! I'll move this topic to the 'dinosaur toy lines' board, I hope you don't mind.

not at all  ^-^ Please feel free to do so (and with the starlux thread as well if it isn't the case already). I hope i'll be posting some new pics to this thread pretty soon (i'm off to some natural history museums in Germany: Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Holzmaden and Frankfurt, i might get some figures)

juju1305

Quote from: SBell on July 29, 2012, 10:14:35 PM
Apparently the Pteranodon species that Bully made (P. sternbergei) was reclassified as its own genus, Geosternbergia.

And the two figures are awesome (never mind the sweet little Ischrhiza that comes with the flying one).

Thanks for the info, I did not know that. I'd love to get the flying one soon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: juju1305 on July 29, 2012, 10:39:55 PM
....... i'm off to some natural history museums in Germany: Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Holzmaden and Frankfurt, i might get some figures.

You can get a lot of Bullyland figures at these museums.
As for rarities: You can buy the Procynosuchus in Karlsruhe and the Mini Plateosaurus and green Archaeopteryx in Stuttgart.

juju1305

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 30, 2012, 12:37:55 AM
Quote from: juju1305 on July 29, 2012, 10:39:55 PM
....... i'm off to some natural history museums in Germany: Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Holzmaden and Frankfurt, i might get some figures.

You can get a lot of Bullyland figures at these museums.
As for rarities: You can buy the Procynosuchus in Karlsruhe and the Mini Plateosaurus and green Archaeopteryx in Stuttgart.

I thought only Korbach sold the procynosuchus, thanks for the tip :) It's such a rarity (and a loveable figure). I got my green archaeopteryx from the Berlin natural history museum, but i'm not surprised it can be found in the Stuttgart museum, most archaeopteryx fossils come from this area after all.

Jetoar

Great collection! :) Currently i am looking for the apatosaurus but i don´t find it  :( I had luck when i found the brachiosaurus and I bougth the batrachostomus.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

juju1305

Quote from: Jetoar on July 31, 2012, 12:40:00 AM
Great collection! :) Currently i am looking for the apatosaurus but i don´t find it  :( I had luck when i found the brachiosaurus and I bougth the batrachostomus.

If you look it up on the web you can find sites that sell the apatosaurus. But it's been retired indeed so you should rush.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: