News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bullyland figures

Started by juju1305, July 25, 2012, 07:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Quote from: juju1305 on September 07, 2012, 10:43:37 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 06, 2012, 10:36:26 PM
Quote from: juju1305 on September 06, 2012, 08:57:14 PM
A newcomer in my Bullyland collection, the ankylosaurus !

Oh! is the first time that I see the ankilosaurus of bullyland. It is cool. Congratulations  ^-^.

I really like it too !!! It's up with the stegosaurus in my list of Bullyland favorites :)

Yes  :)! I thinks the same but the Brachiosaurus and Giganotosaurus (if you fix the yes and colors) are good figures also :)).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

juju1305

Two more Bullyland figures making it to my collection, the V2 tyrannosaurus and the v2 iguanodon.

juju1305

Here is the latest Bullyland addition to my collection, the therizinosaurus.

cool figure, it's better in person than on the stock photo.

anchry6

Hello to all,
In a few days I will go to Stuttgart and go to the museum of natural history. When I go to these museums I always buy a prehistoric animal as a souvenir. I think this museum sell Bullyland dinosaurs. I wonder among those who quote what are the two rarest and what you would buy:
Archaeopteryx, Batrachotomus, Edaphosaurus, Iguanodon, Liliensternus, Mastodonsaurus, Parathypothorax, Procynosuchus.
I do not know if all of these are present museum in Stuttgart (let me know if you have additional information).
I listen to all your suggestions.
Thank you.

:D

stoneage

Quote from: anchry6 on September 29, 2012, 02:41:12 PM

Hello to all,
In a few days I will go to Stuttgart and go to the museum of natural history. When I go to these museums I always buy a prehistoric animal as a souvenir. I think this museum sell Bullyland dinosaurs. I wonder among those who quote what are the two rarest and what you would buy:
Archaeopteryx, Batrachotomus, Edaphosaurus, Iguanodon, Liliensternus, Mastodonsaurus, Parathypothorax, Procynosuchus.
I do not know if all of these are present museum in Stuttgart (let me know if you have additional information).
Thank you.

There all good figures, but with the re-release of the Mastodonsaurus, the Edaphosaurus will be the hardest to come by.  I don't know that it will be available though.   The rest comes down to personal preference. 

juju1305

Quote from: anchry6 on September 29, 2012, 02:41:12 PM

Hello to all,
Thank you.

Hello,

I bought some of my figures at the stuttgart museum. You can find some rare ones there, like the vintage deinonychus or the green archaeopteryx. No edaphosaurus though, but all the mammals were available as well as liliensternus and mastondosaurus.

anchry6

Thank you!
If you have other suggestions I gladly listen to you.

stoneage

My Bullyland Collection:

Jetoar

You have a great collection. Currently I am looking for Lilienstrenus and Apatosaurus, but is not a emergency  :)).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

juju1305

Great collection indeed, I like it a lot (i'm so jealous of the edaphosaurus)  ;)

tyrantqueen

Apologies for thread necromancy, but I never posted my Bullies here (or gave my opinion on them as a whole)

My favourite in the entire line, Stegosaurus

Pteranodon

Plateosaurus

I have their old Iguanodon, IMO which is actually nicer than their newer model. I find the details to be less crude.

I also have the Dimetrodon, but I can't be bothered to get it down from the shelf  ::)

For me, most of their toys are a miss. It's especially obvious that they have been using texture stamps in their latest models, which in my opinion, does not help their figures at all.

I'm thinking about getting their Elasmosaurus, and perhaps the Edaphosaurus in future. But I won't be touching any of their new releases with a ten foot pole. Their theropods are horrid :-[

Jetoar

Nice very nice  ^-^. I have the stegosaurus and he is a wonderful figure from my point of view  ^-^.

juju1305

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 29, 2012, 03:15:50 PM
Apologies for thread necromancy, but I never posted my Bullies here (or gave my opinion on them as a whole)

My favourite in the entire line, Stegosaurus

Pteranodon

Plateosaurus

I have their old Iguanodon, IMO which is actually nicer than their newer model. I find the details to be less crude.

I also have the Dimetrodon, but I can't be bothered to get it down from the shelf  ::)

For me, most of their toys are a miss. It's especially obvious that they have been using texture stamps in their latest models, which in my opinion, does not help their figures at all.

I'm thinking about getting their Elasmosaurus, and perhaps the Edaphosaurus in future. But I won't be touching any of their new releases with a ten foot pole. Their theropods are horrid :-[

Most of their theropods are terrible indeed, though I'm fond of their t-rex, especially the original grey one whcih was sharper than the current one.
Their stegosaurus is a wonderful figure and one of the best stegs on the market in my opinion.

Their line of prehistoric mammals is very good though, despite the vintage look of some figures. Some of the triassic figures (liliensternus, mastondosaurus) are really good.

Takama

I just read on Everything Dinosaur that Bullylands newer Iganadon Icthyosaur, and amonite MIGHT be heading for the Retirement home next year.

The Brochour they recived for next year is lacking those figures.

Jetoar

Bullyland are retiring a lot of cool figures. I have the iguanodon and he is one of my favorites dinosaurs of this collection, what a pity  :-\.

CityRaptor

Wasn't that Iguanodon just added two years ago? Not a long run. Maybe I should pick one up.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

juju1305

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 24, 2012, 01:09:34 PM
Wasn't that Iguanodon just added two years ago? Not a long run. Maybe I should pick one up.

Despite the super bright colors, it's a really good figure. There's a really good review on the blog. I think bullyland might be disengaging from the prehistoric animals altogether. That would be a shame.

tyrantqueen

It's an ok figure, not their best, but a heck of a lot better than their horrible theropods.
Despite the super bright colors, it's a really good figure. There's a really good review on the blog. I think bullyland might be disengaging from the prehistoric animals altogether. That would be a shame.
Wow, that is a disappointment to hear :( Bullyland have done some good figures in the past :(

stoneage

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 25, 2012, 12:00:28 AM
It's an ok figure, not their best, but a heck of a lot better than their horrible theropods.
Wow, that is a disappointment to hear :( Bullyland have done some good figures in the past :(

Still their Theropods are better then the Schleich figures and most of the the early CollectA Theropods, and even a lot of the Carnegie Theropods.

juju1305

Quote from: stoneage on December 25, 2012, 03:16:32 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 25, 2012, 12:00:28 AM

Still their Theropods are better then the Schleich figures and most of the the early CollectA Theropods, and even a lot of the Carnegie Theropods.

When you consider that the current t-Rex came out just a few years after the original Carnegie one, what a difference it made! The liliensternus is superb, so is the retro style deinonychus. Now some of the recent theropods are terrible. The spino has a fine body but the worst head ever. Same thing for the giga whose body is superb but the head looks really cheap.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: