News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PhilSauria's Paleo Plastic Collection

Started by PhilSauria, January 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Thanks for taking the time to comment to all those that did!

Looking forward to seeing your base B @Bokisaurus.

Mine does the job but it's pretty basic compared to some that I've seen from other members, dressed as it is with just plastic elements and a rock, adding actual organic matter makes bases look much more relistic but I'm not sure how long that stuff lasts. I also thought about painting the wire base to match the figure but I don't think paint on metal is all that stable and didn't want it getting onto the figure.

Guess a lot of us now have time on our hands to tackle these projects at the moment!

PhilSauria

NEW ADDITIONS – THE LAST FOR A WHILE

I'd had a layby underway with Mini Zoo before everything went sideways out there with one instalment to go, (that instalment paid for out of our savings as I now have no income) with the package landing on the step two days later. Great service Jason! That was about two weeks ago so I thought I'd better post it as an update. Anyway, the order was split fifty / fifty between extant and extinct animals.

Pleased to have the Atlasaurus sneak in before the end of buying (for me, for who knows how long), my camera not really doing justice to the amount of fine detail on it, as those who already own one of these will be able to appreciate.

And here it is with another vary naturalistic and finely-detailed Sauropod.

Also picked up the latest Mojo Triceratops, always room for another one of this species on my shelves.

Here it is with last year's model, odd that they should release two versions so close together although with their similar colour schemes maybe they are intended as a family group, male and female or adult and juvenile?

So, no more new additions for me until the world returns to some sort of semblence of normality, to be honest though new dinos are a bit further down on the priorities list at the moment.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you PhilSauria for your additions to your collection. The atlasaurus is certainly a great figure and on the other hand the Mojo triceratops is a very nice figure. I'm glad for you.

ceratopsian

Concavenator

Congrats on those, specially for the Eofauna Atlasaurus. I have it myself and it's probably the most spectacular figure in my collection, it really is something else.

Shonisaurus

The texture of the atlasaurus is unique, the nerves, wrinkles, veins and muscles are noticeable when touching said figure. Hopefully Eofauna in the medium-distant future as things stand will make more figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals.

Libraraptor

Whoa, avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria , that´s a pretty cool haul! I am thinking of getting myself an Eofauna Atlasaurus, too.

Halichoeres

Great photos. I hope that you get back to a position soon where you can indulge in things like dinosaurs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Thanks, avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria , for the comparison shots of the two Mojo trikes. I was considering getting the new one to join the previous release. Your pik has made up my mind - I shall.

PhilSauria

NEW ADDITIONS

I wasn't sure when I'd be able to afford more Plastic Prehistorics again but circumstances and opportunity sometimes help out, like getting back to work again, even if only part time, and therefore having just enough funds to snap up a batch of Battats that were being sold off for a fiver each, complete with their distinctive Terra boxes. Visits to a couple of outlets of the store in question several weeks apart expanded my rather minimal Battat collection by six, as shown below. I don't usually keep packaging as a rule, aside from the classy PNSO boxes, but I've hung onto the Terra ones.

The new arrivals prompted a 'family' portrait of the almost a dozen that I now have. (Anyone know where the Acrocanthosaurus can be had at a reasonable price?).

My Amargasaurus herd has now swelled to four.

The new Dacentrurus looks pretty good along side the underrated CollectA specimen.

About a week or so later another new Mattel arrived, one that I hoped would make it over here.

And while on the subject of Mattel, I hadn't planned on picking up any of these but I thought that I'd grab a couple before they eventually disappear from the pegs, and hopefully we get the Carnotaurus, that one does appeal with its big red eyes.

suspsy

Ohh, how about a review of that Mattel Edmontosaurus, please? Or the Mojo triceratops?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

Lots of great additions! Congrats on the Battat and that Edmontosaurus looks really nice too.

Libraraptor

Bokisaurus

Very nice new additions, group photos are always a delight to see!

ceratopsian

I'm glad you have found yourself in an improved position.  A nice haul!

Interesting to see the old CollectA Dacentrurus included in your photo - it's an unusual pose, and all the more welcome for that.

SBell

Quote from: PhilSauria on June 15, 2020, 11:33:22 AM
The new arrivals prompted a 'family' portrait of the almost a dozen that I now have. (Anyone know where the Acrocanthosaurus can be had at a reasonable price?).

If you're in Canada it's pretty easy to get:  https://www.thebay.com/product/terra-acrocanthosaurus-atokensis-toy-0600088579432.html?type=Featured%20Items&term=acrocantho

That's where I got the rest of my run of the current Battats (some came from Great Falls...some came from Orlando...) That online store actually has a few of them still.

PhilSauria

Thanks for the Acrocanthosaurus link, but as I am in Australia the 'tyranny of distance' kills a lot of bargains I find online - the outcome usually being a deal-breaking shipping cost (often twice or more the price of the actual item!), or the retailer just won't ship over here.

Halichoeres

Glad to see you back in the game! What a bargain on those Battats
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

NEW ADDITION

Additions are few and far between these days in this time of Covid-related cash-flow issues, but an unexpected influx of dough (freelance work) coincided with this one listing as 'clearance' and at a price much less than the usual tag so I hit 'buy'. I'd passed on this somewhat eccentric interpretation of the iconic T-rex by PNSO, having usually seen images of a muddy brown and poorly applied paint job, but the images with this listing showed a much more vibrant and carefully applied paint job.
And very impressive it was too sitting in front of me on the desk, with even more detail in the paint work apparent, plus carefully painted teeth and a nice glossy pale purple tongue. A couple of scuffs but nothing a bit of a touch up with paint won't fix. [Trying a different background in the photos now, shows off the subject better]

SidB

Color-wise, this reminds me of the new PNSO Wilson, version 3. Mine continues to stand on it's legs, what with it's redistributed center of gravity.I must say that I sympathize with your difficulties in acquiring the older Battats. I recently shipped a Battat Edmontonia to England as part of a trade with a member there. That was $20 CDN. I should see what the cost to Australia would be. I come across older Battats in thrift stores every year, though never in large numbers.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: