News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I

Krentz 1/40 T-rex

Started by ihatefeathers144, March 15, 2012, 04:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0onarcissisto0

Quote from: krentz on March 28, 2012, 07:48:59 PM

I always remember my favorite quote when I sculpt in any medium.

" if the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art".

DK

Do you mind if I use this quote on my avatar thingy?

Jeb
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Dan

Does anyone happen to have the dimensions (just height x length) for this piece? Thanks in advance.

sfstudios

Quote from: krentz on March 28, 2012, 07:48:59 PM
Thanks Shane!  I'm really looking forward to seeing a build up from you!!!
  I'm not discounting clay, it's just these days I'm more prolific on the computer than in clay given my very young children and the fact I juggle multiple jobs to feed them. 
  I do miss clay though.

I always remember my favorite quote when I sculpt in any medium.

" if the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art".

DK

Great Quote Dave, words to live by for sure, congrats on being a dad ,youll be great at it. Enjoy them buddy give them every minute you can ,mines 12 already and he is my whole world, coolest thing in the world being a Dad. All my sons friends think im cool because i sculpt Dinosaurus for a living! got them fooled.still a nerd!
Shane Foulkes

copper

i got my tyranno yesterday, it's beautiful!
now i just hope i'd have time to paint it, commissions are on top of my to-do-list, that goes without saying.

i really really hope you convert your shapeways dinosaurs into pieces like this, i would buy everyone of them!
i adore both yours and shane's work so much.

when i have nothing to do, i'm thinking of trying to sculpt myself, either keratocephalus or tapinocephalus...

postsaurischian

Coming home from work ..... and there it is - the 1:40 Krentz rex :D :D :D :D :D!!!!!
I can't tell you HOW AWESOME it is!!!!
I've been waiting for a Tyrannosaurus like this for years!!
The different parts fit together perfectly ..... Thank you, David :-* :-*!!!
I repeat myself: AWESOME!!!!! ....... oh man, I need a break.

Quote from: Dan on March 28, 2012, 09:53:05 PM
Does anyone happen to have the dimensions (just height x length) for this piece? Thanks in advance.

height: 13,5 cm
length: 32 cm

I haven't built it up yet, so these measurements might not be perfect.

tyrantqueen

How come you guys are outside the US but getting it so quickly? I'm in the UK but stuff from the USA usually takes at least 2 weeks to come here D:
I'm jeeeeeealous XD

brontodocus

:D We want photos! We want photos! We want photos! :D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Blade-of-the-Moon

My build/painter got mine in today..he said he LOVES it !

Should it be a little taller at 1/40 ?  I'm just comparing it to the Safari Rexes.

Joel

I got mine today too! This thing is awesome! Next, we need a 32 inch version of this guy!  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joel on March 30, 2012, 05:48:57 AM
I got mine today too! This thing is awesome! Next, we need a 32 inch version of this guy!  :))

Dreamin' BIG..I LIKE that ! ;D

I would be happy with a 1/20 or 1/15 scale even..but I'm not sure about the exact same piece..I supose it could be modified. ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on March 29, 2012, 09:28:22 PM
:D We want photos! We want photos! We want photos! :D

I'm going to send mine unbuilt to the artist of my choice, so I can show you just these:

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 30, 2012, 01:53:40 AM
Should it be a little taller at 1/40 ?  I'm just comparing it to the Safari Rexes.

I don't think so. Measured in a direct line the T. rex is 32 cm long.
32 cm x 40 = 1280 cm
Regarding the fact that it's slightly longer measured along the spine this is just right.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Great pics !!! ;D

I was mainly concerned over the height which was said to be only 13 cm or 5".

All of my other 1/40 Rexs kind of tower over it at that size. :?

postsaurischian

Then probably all the others are wrong ;D!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmmm. You probably have the same figures I have..I was thinking 6-7" tall.   Guess next time I'll hold out for 1/35 or better yet 1/20.. ;)

krentz

Just in case it is not clear, or the post on the previous forum was missed, I am SOLD OUT of 1/40 rexes.  Preorders are now closed.  Thanks for helping me make back my $!

All other orders need to go through Dan's Dinosaurs or Urzeitshop!

DK

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: krentz on March 30, 2012, 06:59:39 PM
Just in case it is not clear, or the post on the previous forum was missed, I am SOLD OUT of 1/40 rexes.  Preorders are now closed.  Thanks for helping me make back my $!

All other orders need to go through Dan's Dinosaurs or Urzeitshop!

DK

Nice !  Guess the only question then is..what's next ?  ;D

krentz

I tried to make 40 foot specimen, which is what I've been told pecks Rex probably is.
D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Well it probably is right then..but you know I'm all for larger pieces.  ;)

I def won't lose this one at least.. ;D

brontodocus

Wow, the skin is so detailed and the cast is so well defined! :D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, he does look beautiful! I really, really would love to have one, but I've never worked with any kind of material you would need to fill in the cracks. What is generally used and how hard is it, especially when trying to match up the skin details? And what kind of glue does one generally use for this material? I'm so afraid I'd screw up such a magnificent model!  :-\

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: