News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I

Krentz 1/40 T-rex

Started by ihatefeathers144, March 15, 2012, 04:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on March 31, 2012, 08:06:25 AM
Wow, he does look beautiful! I really, really would love to have one, but I've never worked with any kind of material you would need to fill in the cracks. What is generally used and how hard is it, especially when trying to match up the skin details? And what kind of glue does one generally use for this material? I'm so afraid I'd screw up such a magnificent model!  :-\
I asked this question before on the old forum. There may a little epoxy putty needed to fill in the cracks, but the model is so well casted that not much is needed.
I think super glue should be ok, as long as it's industrial strength.  ^-^ If you're unsure I recommend PMing some of the other members, they have had a lot of experience with these things.

I really think that if you have the opportunity to get ahold of this guy, you should go for it. I hate assembling resin kits but I am willing to go through it all because this model is worth it. Just like L'Oreal.

Meso-Cenozoic

Haha, L'Oreal! And I'm worth having it too!  ;)

Thanks, tyrantqueen! I will surely consider purchasing one of these more seriously.

dinohunter000

I just got my Krentz rex last week and I am more impressed than I expected!  I mean, you know it's gonna be awesome by the pictures, but when you have the 3-dimensional dinosaur in your fingertips, it's the coolest experience ever.  Just a few questions, how are people mounting this model?  Does it just stand on its own?  I have yet to buy some sandpaper and putty to put it all together so I was just wondering what other people were doing.
"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

Blade-of-the-Moon

It sure looked like it could stand on it own on a flat surface.  I'm having a base made for mine but I'm gettignit removable so I can use it for outdoor pics and such. ;)

tyrantqueen

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but has everyone else who pre-ordered got their Rexes now?

I don't have mine :(

Kinda worried.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would think you would have received it by now as well. Maybe shoot David a PM and ask when it was shipped ?

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

I got mine awhile ago but still haven't chosen who I want to build and paint it. Does anyone have any suggestions? :-\

©Julius T. Csotonyi

Jetoar

Wath do you prefer female or male T-Rex of Dinosaur Revolution? or do you prefer another scheme of colors?.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DeadToothCrackKnuckle on August 05, 2012, 08:07:39 PM
I got mine awhile ago but still haven't chosen who I want to build and paint it. Does anyone have any suggestions? :-\

Where are you located ?

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 06, 2012, 12:11:11 AM
Quote from: DeadToothCrackKnuckle on August 05, 2012, 08:07:39 PM

Where are you located ?
I'm currently living in Portland, OR.

©Julius T. Csotonyi

Blade-of-the-Moon

Argentavis

My 1/40 T.Rex is back from Martin Garratt, here is one picture of his great work:

radman

Wow!  Another beautiful work by Martin, congrats.  The ammonite on the base is the crowning touch!

dinohunter000

Just a question, but I always hear about people sending their models to Martin Garrett, for this Krentz Rex, how much did it cost to get it done?
"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

Argentavis

@ radman:

the base was my work, it´s not finished yet. i wanna add some more plants on it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinohunter000 on August 21, 2012, 05:41:59 PM
Just a question, but I always hear about people sending their models to Martin Garrett, for this Krentz Rex, how much did it cost to get it done?

Awesome idea for the base ! More pics ? ;D

I'll shoot you Martin's contact info Dinohunter. In regards to price I have to say he's VERY reasonable. ;)

brontodocus

Wow, congrats, Argentavis, that's a magnificent piece! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

amargasaurus cazaui

I will agree Martin is very fairly priced especially given the quality of his work. He is a very great person to work with from what I have experienced.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

krentz

Man, I don't even have a painted version.

I've gotta send some to Garrett.  Maybe when I have Kosmo and Majunga.

For those of you who have this kit you might want to know I made a simple base for it.
When the next two kits are cast, and you want to purchase them, let me know if you want the Rex base as well. All the Saurozoic kits will have bases now. I've been batting 100 for getting them to stand on thier own, but the Majunga did not. I feel so much shame now.
Others that I plan to do like the Bistahieversor will not either.

s.foulkes

David i will buy every one of your models in the 1/40th line up! just say when. I do have one of the Rexes and yes i would like a base for him please ,i will remind you when i place the order for which ever of your 1/40th kits are next? Kosmo? you can throw it in with that kit when the time comes. Also Dave i would love to have the chance to paint some of your personal collection for you, so PM me if intrested.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: