News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I

Krentz 1/40 T-rex

Started by ihatefeathers144, March 15, 2012, 04:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihatefeathers144

Gentlemen, has anyone received Mr. Krentz's new T-rex yet?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I figured he would post a list of those he shipped at a time. Mine was going to a builder/painter so  I wouldn't get it myself. :/

postsaurischian

David says he's going to ship the pre-orders next week, so it won't be long until we'll see the first pictures :).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 18, 2012, 09:37:51 AM
David says he's going to ship the pre-orders next week, so it won't be long until we'll see the first pictures :).

Nice to hear some more news...thanks for the update !

krentz

OK, finally switched to the new forum.  I think I was the last guy left on the old one.

The news on the rex is that shipping was delayed because of work BUT I did ship everyones copy out today. 
Can't wait to see the painted versions!

D

postsaurischian

Hurra! great news -Thanks in advance!
And welcome on board of the new forum. Good to see you here :).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: krentz on March 23, 2012, 10:46:02 PM
OK, finally switched to the new forum.  I think I was the last guy left on the old one.

The news on the rex is that shipping was delayed because of work BUT I did ship everyones copy out today. 
Can't wait to see the painted versions!

D

Awesome ! ;D

I'll have to let my guy know it's coming.. ;)

Jeremy K9

Why haven't I ordered this yet?  :-\

I need to find the cash to get this awesome piece.  :)

dutchdinolover

Has any one received a tracking code for the T-rex?

Blade-of-the-Moon

As a matter of fact  I have not.  Did David say he would do one ?

Joel

Nope. It's going go to be surprise when it arrives  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joel on March 25, 2012, 07:55:02 PM
Nope. It's going go to be surprise when it arrives  ;D

lol I guess..I told my build/painter to look out..I guess he'll have to just keep doing so til it arrives.. ;)

dutchdinolover

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2012, 07:32:34 PM
As a matter of fact  I have not.  Did David say he would do one ?

Probably not, I was just hoping for it I guess.

sfstudios

;D ;D Well i got mine yesterday and its hands down the best representation of this animal in the history of man! love it ,love it. Great job David. This new age of computer modeling is taking models to a new level, its different sculpting on a computer but it allows the artist to do things with detail that is not possible with your bare hands. I myself will probably not venture down this path as i like the more traditional style of creative art and keep it basic ,artist vs. clay hands on with no assistance from the cyber world, theirs just somthing about creating something from nothing with your bare hands and inginuity ya know, anyway im glad some artist like David and branching off and mastering this other new trend as im going to get all of his work if i can. its a good thing to have various styles and medium to choose from, art is good in all forms and we are lucky to have it made available to the public. Now who can i have paint it hummmmmmmmmmmmm!
Shane Foulkes

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sfstudios on March 28, 2012, 04:37:30 PM
;D ;D Well i got mine yesterday and its hands down the best representation of this animal in the history of man! love it ,love it. Great job David. This new age of computer modeling is taking models to a new level, its different sculpting on a computer but it allows the artist to do things with detail that is not possible with your bare hands. I myself will probably not venture down this path as i like the more traditional style of creative art and keep it basic ,artist vs. clay hands on with no assistance from the cyber world, theirs just somthing about creating something from nothing with your bare hands and inginuity ya know, anyway im glad some artist like David and branching off and mastering this other new trend as im going to get all of his work if i can. its a good thing to have various styles and medium to choose from, art is good in all forms and we are lucky to have it made available to the public. Now who can i have paint it hummmmmmmmmmmmm!

Awesome news Shane ! ;D

krentz

Thanks Shane!  I'm really looking forward to seeing a build up from you!!!
  I'm not discounting clay, it's just these days I'm more prolific on the computer than in clay given my very young children and the fact I juggle multiple jobs to feed them. 
  I do miss clay though.

I always remember my favorite quote when I sculpt in any medium.

" if the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art".

DK

dutchdinolover

I  received mine one hour ago ;D I am the happiest man of the world at the moment! Such a beauty...
Know all I have to do is find the time to assemble and paint my precious one :-\

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dutchdinolover on March 28, 2012, 08:13:55 PM
I  received mine one hour ago ;D I am the happiest man of the world at the moment! Such a beauty...
Know all I have to do is find the time to assemble and paint my precious one :-\
Lucky devil :(

0onarcissisto0

Quote from: sfstudios on March 28, 2012, 04:37:30 PM

I feel the same way, Shane. I will eventually pick up this Rex, but there's something about the little imperfections (very very little in your case, Shane. No brown-nosing intended. Just being honest) left on clay by the hands of an artist that I simply adore and will never get tired of. It leaves that personal touch.

That being said, this particular piece is simply gorgeous!!! Look at all that detail!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

0onarcissisto0

Quote from: krentz on March 28, 2012, 07:48:59 PM
  I always remember my favorite quote when I sculpt in any medium.

" if the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art".

DK

Oooh, that's deep. I love it.
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: