News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: BRONSON on January 18, 2019, 04:13:38 PM
I would use Blu-TackĀ© under the feet of dinosaur models, work perfectly on my fossil teeth without harming them and holds them firm

I use Blu-Tack under dinosaur feet and find it very successful.  I'm not sure if it would have sufficient hold though for a heavier, larger model.

BRONSON

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 18, 2019, 07:11:15 PM
Quote from: BRONSON on January 18, 2019, 04:13:38 PM
I would use Blu-TackĀ© under the feet of dinosaur models, work perfectly on my fossil teeth without harming them and holds them firm

I use Blu-Tack under dinosaur feet and find it very successful.  I'm not sure if it would have sufficient hold though for a heavier, larger model.

Its surprising strong, I use a small amount on a really large and heavy Carcharocles Megalodon tooth to hold it onto a wooden stand for just incase something was to happen, (earth tremor/door slams etc) and you have to pry them apart, the trick to make it at its strongest is to get a small piece and keep pulling it until it snaps then into a ball then pulling again.

Syndicate Bias

Shonisaurus

Superb review of the Eofauna giganotosaurus. It is an exceptional and awesome figure and I have already repeated it at least more than twenty times great in all its aspects. Its coloration is beautiful and detailed and it is a very well achieved figure that does not differ fortunately from the prototype that captivated me (my Giganotosaurus from Eofauna will arrive safely in the middle of this week).

From what I see, there are no problems with sustainability, which is different from what happens to the Tyrannosaurus of Safari 2017 and Papo, although I have to state in my case that neither of the two figures suffers from sustainability problems.

The only defect is the stitching on the head but honestly that in a theropod dinosaur with an articulated head is practically inevitable in this type of figure. Thanks for downloading this great video from youtube S @Syndicate Bias, seeing the cat I guess it will belong to @Minmiminime if I'm not mistaken.

Minmiminime

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus you are correct 😁 The cat cameo in this video is Tallulah, she's our bigger, older, more hairy one 😹 I am delighted that you enjoyed my video, thank you S @Syndicate Bias for sharing it! The seam around the head is kind of inevitable, but the great thing about this figure is it looks equally great with the jaws open and closed. For its size, the amount of research that went into its creation and the quality of the figure I truly feel it is a bargain. Masterful stuff!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 19, 2019, 09:50:05 AM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus you are correct 😁 The cat cameo in this video is Tallulah, she's our bigger, older, more hairy one 😹 I am delighted that you enjoyed my video, thank you S @Syndicate Bias for sharing it! The seam around the head is kind of inevitable, but the great thing about this figure is it looks equally great with the jaws open and closed. For its size, the amount of research that went into its creation and the quality of the figure I truly feel it is a bargain. Masterful stuff!

avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime Even though I have one already I'm tempted to get a second one after watching your video. I saw you compare the running rex next to it and thought they were a good pair. Might have to display those two together from now on  ^-^

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Suspsy has been sounding the alarm on Facebook that Eofauna has opened up a questionnaire on their website for anyone who feels inclined to make their wishlist for future models known to them.
http://www.eofauna.com/figures/eofauna-figures-questionnaire?fbclid=IwAR3bU2sszifv8hkJO-5MmHWpzJcAv_K8W7MScOdVr5J3ackUV7X8jyHKv_g

Syndicate Bias

Quick! Everyone put down t rex in every slot available!  ;D

mgaguilar

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 12, 2019, 05:58:33 AM

I don't know if that was sarcasm but I would LOVE to see their rendition of a rex.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 12, 2019, 06:30:38 AM

I don't know if that was sarcasm but I would LOVE to see their rendition of a rex.

Sarcasm but only because one other member here has stated a few times no t rex lol.

I would be all for an albertosaurus though

Sauropelta

I put Utahraptor, Allosaurus, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx & T-Rex for theropods. I'd like to see their take on a lot of popular dinos.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I have seen the magnificent Triceratops horridus will be availble as a 3D. I want to know whether this will be available as a complete Eofauna figure in 2020.
In which part of the year I shall become confirm what they are creating for 2020 as figures?

suspsy

As do the overwhelming majority of dinosaur fans, I reckon.

I'd love to see Eofauna do a Pachycephalosaurus. As I noted in the Safari 2020 thread, there have been plenty of toys, but most are showing their age. The best one at present is the tiny 2013 CollectA version.

Only problem for some collectors (myself not included) is that it wouldn't be in scale with the Giganotosaurus and the elephants.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on May 01, 2019, 01:27:32 PM

I'd love to see Eofauna do a Pachycephalosaurus. As I noted in the Safari 2020 thread, there have been plenty of toys, but most are showing their age. The best one at present is the tiny 2013 CollectA version.

Only problem for some collectors (myself not included) is that it wouldn't be in scale with the Giganotosaurus and the elephants.

I thought the Favorite one was generally considered the best version?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 01, 2019, 07:00:20 PM

I personally like the CollectA best, but the Favorite is pretty nice too. If we include miniatures, I'd say the Kaiyodo version dusts them both.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 01, 2019, 09:37:53 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 01, 2019, 07:00:20 PM

I personally like the CollectA best, but the Favorite is pretty nice too. If we include miniatures, I'd say the Kaiyodo version dusts them both.

You mean this one?

http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/11/17/pachycephalosaurus-dinotales-series-5-by-kaiyodo/

It is indeed pretty swell, but as you say, it's also a tiny miniature.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

The Prehistoric Traveler

Well, those two months are over. No news on a new model.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dinoguy on June 08, 2019, 08:17:33 PM

True. But my English edition of their "Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs: The Theropods" arrived at my door today.

Concavenator

Quote from: Dinoguy on June 08, 2019, 08:17:33 PM

That their next release would be announced after more or less the next two months was never announced by Eofauna themselves. It was me who asked them just because I was curious and I decided to share it here on the forum.

I'm personally very excited to see what their next release is, but as long as I'm very excited, good things do take their time.Shall they take their due time to put out the best possible model, just like they've done thus far.

Their Giganotosaurus is one of the very best dinosaur figures that I have ever seen; they're welcome to take the time they need to put out another stunning release.

Also, Eofauna themselves might be having other projects to do, so let's have some patience. Anthony Beeson said that this year they couldn't have prepared as many releases as other years because they have had other projects to undertake, and despite of the lower number of releases, this year's CollectA's releases have been wonderful.

Shonisaurus

I suppose that Eofauna at the end of the year will reveal another novelty, between December of this year and the beginning of the next one they will surprise us with some new dinosaur or another prehistoric animal (for example a prehistoric elephant or hopefully it is a paraceratherium).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: