You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A hypothesis on the end-Permian extinction

Started by Halichoeres, March 05, 2018, 04:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

The largest extinction event in Earth's history was the Permian-Triassic extinction. This study marshals evidence to suggest that a massive release of CO2, and ensuing ocean acidification, was a major factor, which is...alarming. It's a pre-print, so it hasn't been peer-reviewed yet (it's essentially being made public so as to crowdsource peer review, and solicit suggestions for improving or refining the study).
Open access:
https://eartharxiv.org/khd9y
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

Are we heading to extinction?

SBell

Quote from: Reptilia on March 05, 2018, 10:56:54 PM
Are we heading to extinction?

Technically everything is...unless you mean in a more 'current sense' then...sort of? We don't have to?

Halichoeres

Well I certainly don't think humans will go extinct. It would be pretty difficult to kill all of us, even under a nuclear winter scenario. But I think we're at a major risk for a mass extinction event of other organisms. Maybe there's still time to head it off, but it's getting more difficult.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.