News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Updating My Display

Started by IrritatorRaji, March 30, 2018, 08:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

I'm someone who's afraid of change, which is why I haven't really updated the way my room looked since I was 8 :o But ever since I started collecting around 2 years ago, I've been quickly running out of room and cramming everything on one desk because I was so emotionally attached a set of shelves was no longer an option

So yeah, I've finally gotten it together, redecorated my room and finally given my dinosaurs the display they deserve ;D

( ^ Those horribly painted models in the back were done by my sister and I as children)

Purposefully left a lot of room to make way for future acquisitions.

Even hung up a poster I bought 10 years ago. It's hella out of date but hey, at least it looks nice :P

And now I've finally got enough room to display my life size model of a slightly obese Felis silvestris catus!

Reptilia

The poster's pretty cool, and your slightly ripositioned Papo Cryolophosaurus is great. Also, didn't think the PNSO hollow Tyrannosaurus was that big.

ITdactyl

Ok... that poster....

Is the name of the artist shown on the poster?  You're right, some bits are outdated and the animals are runway model thin (except Theri.... 'seems Theri must always be tubby).  But I really like the art style.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: ITdactyl on March 30, 2018, 09:37:33 PM
Ok... that poster....

Is the name of the artist shown on the poster?  You're right, some bits are outdated and the animals are runway model thin (except Theri.... 'seems Theri must always be tubby).  But I really like the art style.

Yeah, it's age shows tremendously when you realise that this is meant to be a Deinocheirus :P

As for the artist, I'm not sure. Their signature isn't on it. The poster came with a book (the one seen in the photos) but the book doesn't have its author listed clearly. The entire book is comprised of letters between a "Henry" and "Doctor Brown", not entirely sure if these are fictional characters or if one of them drew the poster.

tyrantqueen

That artwork is by Robert Nichols, an artist whose work I have always been very fond of.

http://paleocreations.com/imagePage.php?page=8

Hey, isn't this guy in the lab coat familiar? >:D

PhilSauria

NIce display with some fine pieces there. Not seen that Dinosaur book before with the big rex on the cover, I'll be searching that one out. Even though a lot of thsese older books (and posters) go out of date in terms of the science, like you say; the art is still quite engaging. Yours is the first collection I can recall seeing to include that curiosity the Papo Baryonyx / Spino hybrid, a creation that has certainly generated its fair share of interest. Thanks for sharing.

Reptilia

By the way, that pliosaur head sculpture is amazing.

ITdactyl

Funny enough, I immediately recognized Deinocheirus as the token giant ornithomimid  ;D  Well, his tubby ducky form was only announced 2014 if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for trying to find the artist.  I wanted to try and search for more samples of his/her art for my figure painting reference - though it's not a biggie.  Thanks for sharing that pic. :D

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: ITdactyl on March 31, 2018, 09:38:47 AM
Funny enough, I immediately recognized Deinocheirus as the token giant ornithomimid  ;D  Well, his tubby ducky form was only announced 2014 if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for trying to find the artist.  I wanted to try and search for more samples of his/her art for my figure painting reference - though it's not a biggie.  Thanks for sharing that pic. :D

TyrantQueen actually linked the artist a few posts up, just incase you didn't see it :)

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 30, 2018, 10:14:39 PM
That artwork is by Robert Nichols, an artist whose work I have always been very fond of.

http://paleocreations.com/imagePage.php?page=8

Halichoeres

That cat model is so lifelike!  :o

;) ;) ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures