You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cloned Mauritian bird Dodo baby will be hatching in Mauritius(to be confirmed.)

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, April 01, 2018, 08:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

Hello fellow readers of the DinoToyForum! I have HUGE news in the world of paleontology that may modify and change totally our views of prehistoric animal. I live on the island of Mauritius and I heard that in 2 to 3 weeks, in an animal park called Casela in Mauritius, a Dodo bird baby will be hatching in 2 to 3 weeks. The egg is in the incubator there. Scientists have 90% successfully extracted its DNA and have mixed it with that of a Turkey or a pigeon. It is not in movies like Jurassic Park, it is real now! I am proud that my country is the first worldwide to have cloned an extinct animal. Other countries have extinct animals, but they never cloned the extinct animals. I am inviting you all to take part at this special event, do not miss it! In 2 to 3 weeks, in the weeks to come.
There are actually preserved Dodo remains which contain good DNA samples, so the source behind cloning.

mgaguilar

Wow, the implication of this is fascinating. Is there a website that has more information about the endeavor?

EDIT: I seem to have forgotten this is my birthday and therefore April Fool's. Welp.

Prehistory Resurrection

Not yet, I have heard it from the local news from my radio. There are many videos on Youtube about cloning extinct animals, but for this true event, there are no videos for it yet. It is guaranteed true this time.

CityRaptor

And then the Dodos kill everyone....
Allow me to be sceptical, given the date.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

This is fascinating, well finally know how fat the actually guys are.

Prehistory Resurrection

Loon

I've been had, this was the government's conspiracy all along. The put Easter on Sunday, April 1 to distract you from the truth. The interdimensional demons have taken control!

Ravonium

To anyone reading this thread who actually believes this  >:D :

Spoiler

Happy April Fools!

[close]

Quote from: Loon on April 01, 2018, 09:28:25 AM
I've been had, this was the government's conspiracy all along. The put Easter on Sunday, April 1 to distract you from the truth.

Maybe that's why Dr. Admin hasn't done an April Fool's banner this year I guess I spoke too soon  ;)

Prehistory Resurrection

Well, I hope it will be true.

BlueKrono

The extinct Pyrenean ibex was cloned and born alive a few years after the last one died.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Reptilia

It's true, I'm part of the team behind the project. Didn't want to disclose anything before the time, but seems that some info leaked out. We'll let you know very soon though.

Prehistory Resurrection

Oh, really? Thank you very much for joining this topic. Please, do let me know some more details about the project soon. I wish you good luck and I sincerely hope you will be successful in the project.

Reptilia

A paper will be published in the coming weeks, stay tuned.

Smilodon P.

Honestly, I'm still waiting for a chickenosaurus from Jack Horner.

(Relax, I'm just kidding!!!)

Neosodon

Didn't the dodo die off hundreds of years ago? Were would they get the DNA from? I'm pretty sure this isn't real.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

DinoToyForum

Loon

Quote from: Neosodon on April 01, 2018, 07:20:17 PM
Didn't the dodo die off hundreds of years ago? Were would they get the DNA from? I'm pretty sure this isn't real.
Well, yes, a new peer-reviewed study in the journal Phrenology provided evidence that not only were dinosaurs not real, but birds were never real either. They apparently found that birds were actually just invented by Walt Disney in the 60s to sell Frito chips.

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on April 01, 2018, 07:47:57 PM
They apparently found that birds were actually just invented by Walt Disney in the 60s to sell Frito chips.

As a Bird Truther, we don't believe that nonsense statement. We actually believe that birds are holographic projections created to distract us from our oppression.

Reptilia

We'll bring back Thylacine too, have faith.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: