News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My first diorama\base also

Started by Mini Minmi, April 13, 2018, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mini Minmi

I was inspired by Johannes' beautiful first diorama\base and it pushed me to try it as well.

My nigersaurus is enjoying it immensly.

Thank you Johannes for giving me the courage to try something out of my comfort zone.

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

JohannesB

Quote from: Mini Minmi on April 13, 2018, 09:52:52 PM
I was inspired by Johannes' beautiful first diorama\base and it pushed me to try it as well.

My nigersaurus is enjoying it immensly.

Thank you Johannes for giving me the courage to try something out of my comfort zone.

Wow, thanks, that's a very nice compliment. And nice work! Let's never tire to inspire ;-)

Jose S.M.

Ramose

Mini Minmi

Thank you everyone. You encourage me to try again. :)

PlesiosaurusNessy

Wonderful Diorama and I hope,your Nigersaurus will be happy with a full belly after eating the last two little ferns...a very dry
surrounding in Africa and the dead little tree..., I hope,your Dino will find something to munch in the next time,too...!
Very well done work, stay tuned with it and try a next one!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Lone Trike

Nice job! Although there is a bit of glue visible ;)
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

Mini Minmi

Quote from: Lone Trike on April 14, 2018, 05:42:10 PM
Nice job! Although there is a bit of glue visible ;)

Yeah, I noticed when I took the pictures. It doesn't help that I made the ferns by glueing the leaves one by one. It ended up in a lot of glue in one area so it was harder to hide. I also added the rocks as an afterthought.

Maybe next time I could glue first and paint after. That way I can hide the glue better if there is some that oozes out. :)

Lone Trike

What kind of glue do you use? You could also try to sprinkle some sand or small pebbles over it, as long as it is not cured. That would cover it up.

Mini Minmi

I used a glue gun so it would likely have cured too fast to sprinkle some sand. I should probably try working with a different glue that is not as messy. It's tough to be delicate with hot glue because you're in such a hurry to place your item before it sets. With epoxy or something I could take my time, use a toothpick to put glue, etc to keep it much cleaner. It would've been much tougher and longer to make the ferns though. But maybe I can find a better way to make those.

Bokisaurus

Wonderful, I like how you use real twig to make a tree, makes it more natural looking.
I have often considered building diorama bases, but space issue is my number 1 problem :D
Good job on this one.

Lone Trike

Maybe you have a local hobby store or something similar were you could ask. I would probably just use a super glue. I donĀ“t think you can go wrong with that :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.