News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I received my two black and white indoraptor from Nanmu Studio and my impressions are as follows:

They are less finished than the Indominus rex of the same company but their details are good. Its texture is great and they are very well sculpted. Perhaps the size is one of the defects that this fantastic creature suffers. But being honest if they are on the scale of the Indominus, obviously they will be figures much smaller than the aforementioned monster from the first movie of the JW saga. Their figures are only collectible and I understand that they are intended for adult collectors. Recommended as long as one likes the JW / JP saga.

The hooves of this creature are stiff and sharp and the tail of my black indoraptor varies with respect to its white version. Their jaws open and close without any problem and both come with a figure of one of the characters in the movie saga that so much like successive generations of children and adults on the other hand their teeth are beautifully sculpted and fortunately are not white and their Ivorian color gives them an image of authenticity. They are remarkable figures but in my case not outstanding as was their indominus of the same brand.

Shonisaurus

I just received Phil's indeterminate brand triceratops I passed the link to the DTF page with his picture,
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6483.180

I can affirm that it is a more spectacular figure than I thought it was very well made, made of hollow rubber plastic material and it reminds me of this year's Triceratops from Mojo and even the Triceratops of Bullyland, of which I have very good memories. It is smaller than the Safari triceratops but the figure is beautifully sculpted. I am very happy with this figure. When I have time, since I am preparing for an opposition as an official I will continue to inform about all my collection such a comko I promised to the members of the forum and I am very sorry not to have a modern camera and mobile phone but you know many of the forum members which It's the reason I do not have it, my love of dinosaurs.

In short, another figure that thickens my collection. Thank you very much Phil.

Shonisaurus

I just bought from the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid those four wonders of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Collecta, 2019 I list them:

The collecta cauiajara is astonishingly a much better figure than what is shown in the photographs, it is not as big as its supreme pterosaur counterparts in Collecta (guidraco and dimorphodon) but it is undoubtedly very beautiful and detailed the hairs on the body They are beautifully sculpted, the same is true of the head, wings and most importantly the right wing is in a dynamic position. Their articulated jaws, if you want them, can be left open or closed without, for that reason, supposing that these jaws give of themselves.

The only thing that has already been pointed by members of DTF that I see as a defect is its head and crest shrillly painted is the defect that in meeting the pterosaur is otherwise a beautiful figure and very cool.

The borealopelta of Collecta is a small figure but it is a perfect figure, detailed from the hyperrealistic point the only defect that I find of the figure and others of the Collecta brand is its cloacal opening whose hole I see it maybe unrealistic (I'm not a paleontologist nor I do not even understand animals (although I love them), but I believe that the sewer openings of other collector's brands are more realistic, but I still have the five stars for scoring.

Collecta's edaphosaurus is perhaps the best figure of the group with difference with a beautifully carved dorsal sail and the most important thing is that the auditory organs are placed in a masterful way and the colors of this synapsid are realistic to an unimaginable extent. His painting is conservative and realistic. It is the edaphosaurus that I always wanted to have in my collection.

The carnotaurus of Collecta is another strong figure of the group. The cloacal opening is more realistic with that touch of paint (at least in my figure) and the details are painstakingly sculpted so that it is another figure of honor plate that perhaps spoils that figure those camouflage paint patterns on his face. For the rest it is a very good figure with a base superior to those of its previous theropods and for the affordable price of the figure it is honestly quite good a recommendable figure and the most important thing for me. Fortunately, it does not have an articulated jaw! Thanks Collecta for this detail! It is the type of theropod that I want in my collection with a fixed base and without an articulated jaw.

Matthias Geiger has done a great job and I sincerely recommend all the figures especially the edaphosaurus and carnotaurus and if possible the caiuajara and borealopelta.

Generally speaking, four stars out of five taking into account the defects that each one of the three mentioned figures caiujara, borealopelta and carnotaurus has as a whole. The edaphosaurus is the best figure followed very closely or at par with its carnotaurus counterpart who gives a thousand turns to the figures of his species such as majungasaurus, rajasaurus and rugops.

Shonisaurus

This morning I collected the three new Schleich dinosaurs that came in dracorex, diabloceratops and juvenile giganotosaurus. I will comment on the figures.

They have a stamp of 2018 so these figures were manufactured or rather designed one year in advance.

All three are small and beautifully painted.
The diabloceratops is small but not small, with a proportionate head and some details of painting and even fabulous ears, as I can say of all the morphology of said dinosaur. Its horns are blunt to avoid accidents for children. The eyes are yellow but not bulging as shown in the videos and promotional photographs of said dinosaur. His sculpture details are outstanding and his score is 10 out of 10.

The dracorex is perhaps his most perfect bet. Its legs and feet are provided with a tail bent upwards to prevent the figure from losing its balance. Perfect eye colors with a suitable red and details of horns, muscles, plates on the body and wrinkles (in short, sculptural details) perfect one hundred percent a recommended figure as the diabloceratops and its score is 10 out of 10.

The giganotosaurus is the figure of the three "big" figures of Schleich second quarter if we except the plesiosaurus that is the weak figure of the group as a figure the puppy of giganotosaurus weaker than I thought although with details of paint, wrinkles and appearance sculptural good but with blunt teeth and without lips and without visible auditory organs in the head. On the other hand the painting of the legs that would be clown but for its small size (I thought it was a larger figure) makes it look like it has some boots. In any case it is the best Schleich giganotosaurus made to date and the figure is worthy and its score is 7.5 out of 10 from my point of view compared to other figures of other brands, such as Safari, PNSO and Eofauna that have been sculptures of this illustrious carnivorous theropod and exceeding the figures of Schleich.

Sincerely every day I like Schleich more and is confirming that it is one of the best dinosaur brands with its new addictions especially with its spinosaurus, dimorphodon, diabloceratops, dracorex, animantarx and even the juvenile giganotosaurus.

Libraraptor

I am with you with your opinion on most of the latest developments from Schleich,  but I am still careful.  There have been many embarrassing fall-backs like the Dimorphodon who had been beaten with an ugly stick.

ceratopsian

I'm glad you are pleased with the new Schleich.  My Diabloceratops arrived this week and I like it very much too.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Although I like it, I agree with what you are saying Schleich's dimorphodon has a forced posture and sculpture and it looks more like a sphinx than a dinosaur if I name it because it reminds me of Julius Csotonyi's paleoartistic work has an amazing resemblance regardless of Schleich's imperfections but we must bear in mind that it is a figure destined mainly for children and the price is quite affordable, which reduces its quality. But I agree with you.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I am glad that you have received Schleich's diabloceratops leaves Schleich's pentaceratops in shame until Schleich's triceratops 2018 and diabloceratops this year was my favorite ceraptides.

Halichoeres

Thanks for the detailed commentary, makes this collection thread quite unique.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I'm glad you like my comments. Thank you very much for reading them.

Killekor

Thanks for the comments about your new acquisitions, Shonisaurus!
I absolutely agree with you about them (from what I saw from the photos), and I'll certainly get both the Diabloceratops and the Dracorex soon!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

avatar_Killekor @Killekor I'm glad you like my comments, certainly the two best figures of the second part of Schleich's dinosaurs are the dracorex and the diabloceratops. Sincerely the Schleich giganotosaurus puppy although it is much better than all those who have preceded it, I recommend it to a lesser extent. Schleich is doing a great job.  :)

Shonisaurus

Yesterday I bought in my Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid the news of Papo 2019 and my impressions are the following:

Papo's pentaceratops is a great figure although less large than I imagined it is a medium-sized or large or small figure. It is beautifully painted and sculpted. His horns are pointed and his goat of ceraptoside is very well sculpted. It is used to put it in two positions (on two legs or on three legs). The feet of the legs, the muscles of the body and its tongue and the eyes are very well painted. For me it is a figure 9.5 out of 10

Papo's gorgosaurus to my astonishment is not a dwarf figure as I thought is small but is within the large medium-sized standard figures of Collecta. Beautifully painted, with its well sculpted legs it can be kept on two legs. The tail shows its nerves and there is hardly any seams in its articulated mouth that can be closed and opened without the mouth giving itself. The teeth are individually sculpted and the details of the tongue, mouth, protuberances of the eyes are very detailed. His feet are beautifully painted and the small theropod hoof is attached to the body. On the other hand his small arms of the tyrannosaurus rex family are beautifully sculpted. Superb figure I note a 10 out of 10.

Finally, Papo stegosaurus repainted is the best repaint of the three figures of Papo this year 2021 and is identical to the figure in the catalog. The repaint is great and I was pleasantly surprised my note on the repainted figure is 8 out of 10 and why do I put a lower note? For a simple reason, Papo stegosaurus needs a new sculptural figure that surpasses the current sculpture. The repaint is 10 out of 10.

Halichoeres

I thought the Gorgosaurus was pretty good. I prefer the Favorite Penta, so the Gorgo was the only Papo I bought this year. I'm glad you're pleased with your new acquisitions!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thanks for your words. Honestly in my case I like the gorgosaurus when modeled. But Papo's pentaceratops is perhaps the best pentaceratops made to date, even surpassing that of Favorite.  :)

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 29, 2019, 08:46:16 PM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thanks for your words. Honestly in my case I like the gorgosaurus when modeled. But Papo's pentaceratops is perhaps the best pentaceratops made to date, even surpassing that of Favorite.  :)

Hopefully the Spino comes soon I can't wait to read your review of it.

If possible a Spanish version as well  ;)

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias Okay, I'll make a bilingual version about Papo's spinosaurus. I already have it pre-ordered in urzeitshop and I hope to buy another copy of Mike from everythingdinosaur. I will talk about that magnificent figure of spinosaurus that has captivated me emotionally in a positive way.

In any case, we would have to ask Mr. Administrator dinotoyforum if he agrees to make a review on my spinosaurus blog in a bilingual way (English / Spanish).

Killekor

Congratulations for your acquisitions, Shonisaurus! Both models are great!
I'm also really curious to see your point of view about the Papo Spinosaurus. It will surely be interesting.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

avatar_Killekor @Killekor Naturally when I receive from Urzeitshop or everythingdinosaur any of Papo's two spinosaurus in charge I will make the fair comments to such an exceptional figure that for me it is one of the best spinosaurus in the world together with PNSO and Schleich and for me one of the most anticipated figures. You can be sure that I will make a fair criticism of such an iconic and iconic dinosaur when I receive it.

Shonisaurus

I just received yesterday from my Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences the last prehistoric animal of Schleich of 2019 the plesiosaurus and my criticism is the following:

It is a figure intended for children, not for a collector. In this case I bought it for complete reasons (complete my collection) but I do not recommend it despite its affordable price. It is a figure with a bright blue sky and with the spine with white dots, its neck is articulated and painted with a war coloring on the top of the head. Its head is with the jaw closed and not articulated (it is a detail in its favor) but the teeth are very badly sculpted. It is a quite disproportionate figure with immense fins and the details of its scales are quite poor. It is honestly the weakest figure of Schleich 2019, it seems a toy to take a child in his bathroom. His sculpture is very poor and how positive his nostrils look but not the auditory ones (I don't know if they had them in the Plesiosauroid family I don't understand paleontology) does not have a positive rating and I honestly keep his version of Papo with difference and this Prehistoric marine reptile has fallen in quality with respect to its counterpart of the Humbold Museum in Berlin that this was a pretty good and decent figure.

When I receive more figures and if I have time I will continue to inform other figures in my collection.

Duna

Thanks for your reviews and impressive collection. I'm looking very much forward to read from you the review of Papo Spinosaurus, both in bilingual (if possible!) :). I hope it's the Figurine we all have been waiting for.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: