You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Should I get a Kenner Parasaurolophus on eBay or wait to see if Mattel makes one

Started by MLMjp, May 13, 2018, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

With the release of the Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom toys by Mattel I finally decided to star a proper Jurassic Park collection since now I have the possibility. Of course, I want to have all the species from the movies that have been represented in toy form, and unfortunately, a dinosaur that has appear in all past 4 movies, did not get a proper toy in Mattel´s new line. And of course I don't want to scrap Parasaurolophus from my collection since I think is a very important herbivore.

So I have two options, look for and old one on eBay, or wait to see if a new one is made in the distant future. What would you guys do?

Flaffy

the TLW Parasaurolophus is DEFINITELY worth tracking down.
One of the most screen accurate toys Kenner ever produced.
Fabulous sculpt, accurate colours, fun playability, it's a really nice toy.

IrritatorRaji

I have this figure and I'm in love with it. The head is a little wide, but otherwise it's a fantastic Parasaurolophus toy.

I'm not sure Mattel will make a Parasaurolophus as there isn't one in the Jurassic Facts app.

MLMjp

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 13, 2018, 06:27:50 PM
I have this figure and I'm in love with it. The head is a little wide, but otherwise it's a fantastic Parasaurolophus toy.

I'm not sure Mattel will make a Parasaurolophus as there isn't one in the Jurassic Facts app.

I´m very aware of that, I was referring to possible future lines after this one ends.

IrritatorRaji

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp Oh, I get you! Well, I still say go for the Kenner one. No need to wait for Mattel to make a Jurassic Park Parasaurolophus for the upcoming films when a very good, albeit older, model already exists :)

John

I would say go for the Kenner one as that one is out there somewhere.You will be kicking yourself in the future if it turns out that Mattel for whatever reason never gets around to doing a Parasaurolophus and you miss out.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Faelrin

I'd say definitely get it. I can only see this getting harder to get down the road (if not now). I hope I can get one soon as well since Parasaurolophus is one of my favorite dinosaurs, and unless Mattel makes one in the future, this one will have to do, and thankfully it is pretty film accurate, and sizes up well with Mattel's figures. Aside from the fact I've been eyeballing this thing for years now, but I kept holding off because of other things.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.