News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

I

Ivysaur's collection

Started by Ivysaur, June 10, 2018, 10:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivysaur

-

Patrx

Welcome, Ivysaur! Very nice collection and reasonable "collecting rules" :D
I fixed your image link there, we've got a thread that goes over the image-posting process here: Posting images

Shonisaurus

Welcome to the Ivysaur forum!  :) I like your way of collecting, although my philosophy is different, I understand that yours is the most intelligent.

Only collect figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals that are outstanding or remarkable and not spend more than 50 euros a month, is something to imitate on my part, and especially not monopolize huge amount of dinosaurs.

I congratulate you on your collection and you already know where you have a reader and follower of your collection.

Jose S.M.

DinoToyForum

Pretty good for just half a year of collecting!  8)

Halichoeres

Welcome, Ivy. Very nice collection, some of which were among the first I added as well.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

I really like your ceratopsian shelf  :)

Roselaar

For someone who has only been collecting since last year you sure did acquire a good deal of wonderful figures! Neat balance between the better known companies as well. Keep it up! :)

Libraraptor

Hello and welcome to the forum ! Wow, those rules demand discipline,  don't they? Pretty nice collection so far!

Nimravus

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 13, 2018, 11:19:50 AM
Wow, those rules demand discipline,  don't they?
Yeap all  of them are pretty strict  :o, you will find that as you keep on collecting rule number 6 us difficult to fulfill, unless you sell some pieces you already had :(
Btw, you have already very good pieces from the discontinued Carnegie, Diplodocus and Brachiosaurus. The second one is not easily found in Europe since its production stopped. Welcome!

Libraraptor

Give it to your nephew so he can start his own little collection!

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your shelves. You see order and cleanliness, should take note in my case.

On the other hand the shelves are neatly arranged by species, saurĂ³podos on the one hand, ceraptosidos on the other, in relation to the cession of dinosaurs and for example of auctions of dinosaurs that I have collected and of dinosaurs that have left me (because the had) I have given them to some nephews grandchildren, who are enjoying those dinosaurs.

As for Agustinia and Collecta's paraceratherium, I ended up giving those I had to a caretaker whose son had just lost a little brother when he was born and the other brother had had an emergency operation on his head (they had been born prematurely). I'm happy for him because at least he will comfort those figures. In my case I liked a lot the agustinia and the paraceratherium, since I had bought them in substitution of others that were sticky and that I threw to the garbage dump, but on the other hand I am glad of that action.

Although I love dinosaur toys and prehistoric animals, I am aware that they are still toys and that they are phenomenal as a collection for children.

In my case I will already have the opportunity to buy in urzeitshop.de another agustinia and another paraceratherium ... with time.

Libraraptor

"Dislike blank dinos ". Tztztz... Monochromes still belong to my favourite kind of figures thanks to the Invicta line. Their Mamenchisaurus was a christmas gift from my sister in 1992 I think.  It is outdated due to its neck pose,  but I still love it very much. Congrats to your Mamenchi!

Shonisaurus

I like the Invicta mamenchisaurus of white color. If it were up to me I would buy all the versions of Invicta from dinosaurs, even the one that a DTF member showed (which was a whole collection of Invicta covered with gold loaves (because I know it would cost me a lot of money and it is a money that I have).

Sincerely I liked and I still like the dinosaurs of Invicta were very successful dinosaurs.

On the other hand that mamenchisaurus of ivory aspect (white) is of the favorite colors in my collection dinosaurs, for example the Saichania of Schleich 1994 model and the utahraptor of Collecta I like more than the figure for its white color. It is one of the least used colors in paleoartist palettes in relation to figures of dinosaur toys and prehistoric animals in general.

Bokisaurus

Nice collection and awesome display case... wish I have a case like that to display my collection.

PhilSauria

Is display case envy a thing?, 'cause I think that I have it.

Shonisaurus

Congratulations Ivysaur for the therizinosaurus and iguanodon of Papo I also affirm from experience that these two figures are spectacular.

Roselaar

Excellent new acquisitions! Going strong with Papo's splendid models. :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.