News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions Doug those indominus, tyrannosaurus and velociraptor miniatures are fabulous. They are awesome and wonderful. They are very well finished. I am glad that you have taken advantage of your visits to Disneyland and Universal in California.

Faelrin

avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson Glad you enjoyed your trip there. I hope at some point in my life I can go to either location (always have since I was a kid when I found out about them), but these Jurassic World shows they have now are like the next best thing I have in terms of distance, etc. I have that same set too, but the packaging was different. I got it when I saw the Jurassic World Exhibition thing back in 2017. Interesting to see these still being carried in some form, particularly at their gift shop. I also agree about the stability.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Doug Watson

Quote from: Faelrin on February 11, 2020, 07:24:59 PM
avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson Glad you enjoyed your trip there. I hope at some point in my life I can go to either location (always have since I was a kid when I found out about them), but these Jurassic World shows they have now are like the next best thing I have in terms of distance, etc. I have that same set too, but the packaging was different. I got it when I saw the Jurassic World Exhibition thing back in 2017. Interesting to see these still being carried in some form, particularly at their gift shop. I also agree about the stability.

That's cool that they sold them at the Exhibition as well. They are a big improvement over the usual cheap stuff they have. Ever since they opened the ride it has been either really expensive Stan Winston bronzes in the old days or now the almost as expensive Chronicle Editions or really cheap dime store stuff or mid range stuff that looks nothing like the movie dinos. These are an upgrade.
Now if they would only stock some quality Classic monster merchandise.

P.S. Just noticed they sell the set online for the same price https://shop.universalorlando.com/p/Jurassic-World-Figurines-Set.html

Loon

Got a long sought grail of mine, the Carnegie Brachiosaurus, in a lot recently. I love this figure so much, makes me wish we still got really big sauropods.

This and all of the other figures in the lot had marker on one of their feet. I tried wiping it off with a wet cloth, but it's only faded. It's not the biggest deal for me(I don't display my figures feet-up), but, if anyone has any recommendations for cleaning this up, I'm open to the help.

SidB

Quote from: Loon on February 11, 2020, 10:39:13 PM
Got a long sought grail of mine, the Carnegie Brachiosaurus, in a lot recently. I love this figure so much, makes me wish we still got really big sauropods.

This and all of the other figures in the lot had marker on one of their feet. I tried wiping it off with a wet cloth, but it's only faded. It's not the biggest deal for me(I don't display my figures feet-up), but, if anyone has any recommendations for cleaning this up, I'm open to the help.

Annoying, yes - I typically end up painting over the defacing marker imprint, being really careful to match the colors exactly (usually not terribly easy, but possible). This is one of my classic favorites also. It didn't get a great reception in some quarters when it came out, because it didn't have the typical upright or even periscope look, but it must rank as one of the most beautiful and graceful sauropods ever produced. A real triumph of Forest Rogers craft that transitions into a work of art, while remaining accurate. The colors in your photos are wonderfully vivid. Congrats.

Faelrin

I'm sorry I didn't get around to posting these sooner, but anyways, my Mattel Cryolophosaurus arrived yesterday from Amazon which was a bit sooner then I was expecting. I enjoy the feature on it, though it does seem a bit sensitive to touch (in regards to the sounds), and the coloration is definitely more of darker yellow or yellow orange like the promo pics depict instead of the more bright yellow of the in box pic (which I've seen on JPToys prior). Now I'm just waiting for Walmart to get those Claire figures in (one for me and one for my nieces), which has been delayed, and that will probably be the last human figure I pick up from this line unless I get another Hammond or if there are any new ones for the next film.

Also my print, post card sets, and pin from the Beasts of the Mesozoic ceratopsian series arrived last week. Here is also a comparison with the original print and (mostly) everything from the raptor series that I have so far.

Edit: Also forgot to add this. avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson I honestly never stopped to think if they had an online store. Thanks for sharing the link, and neat to see those are available there as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Loon and Faelrin for your new acquisitions.

avatar_Loon @Loon Carnegie's brachisaurus is a great figure but it would have been a figure much more than 10 out of 10 if they had made it a size similar to its original Carnegie brachiosaurus. However, it is one of the best sauropods made by that brand and one of the best brachiosaurus of its kind made in the history of the toy dinosaur.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I'm glad you bought that set of BoTM raptors, you have a very good taste when it comes to acquiring your figures. Mattel cryolophosaurus is quite a successful figure although I am not a fan of Mattel's figures.

Kotori_Sonoda

Not a figure, but I did pick up this book today:

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Nanuqsaurus

Got myself a whole bunch of new Safari's for my birthday last week! :D Deinonychus, Pteranodon, Stegosaurus, Spinosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Velociraptor, Shringasaurus and Sarchosuchus.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Nanuqsaurus @Nanuqsaurus I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, the velociraptor, pteranodon, sarcosuchus, edmontosaurus, stegosaurus and deinonychus are super-detailed and very cool figures.

The one that I put on the same level of genius is the shringasaurus of Safari sincerely a very overlooked figure by collectors but sincerely much brighter and more impressive to see her physically than in photographs or videos. Safari shringasaurus has become one of my favorite prehistoric animals of the moment. It is a supergenial figure.

The spinosaurus of Safari although it is a very detailed and finished and scientific figure is the weakest figure of the group since my personal opinion is an outstanding figure but it does not have the "magic" that the rest of the mentioned figures have.

Eocarcharia

Nice additions there avatar_Nanuqsaurus @Nanuqsaurus.

I recently got some of the Zuru Dino Strike figures from Walmart for some Dino-Riders action.

The T. rex skeleton came with 2 right ribcage pieces.

The results of a few part swaps:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia I congratulate you on your dinosaur toy figures. They are great.

Eocarcharia

Thanks, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus.

One more thing to add as this guy just arrived a little while ago from Japan:

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, the nigersaurus is in fact the best figure of that peculiar sauropod in the PVC market, the gastornis I can say that it far exceeds the dyatrima of Bullyland, and the Safari gryposaurus makes a very good match with its edmontonia .

On the other hand that pioneer Geosternbergia of Bullyland as you say with a repaint is as new. I also dislike the figures of toy dinosaurs with abrasions or other defects and especially with the pupil of the erased eye is frustrating. Enjoy them since the four figures are outstanding and notable figures in the history of prehistoric toy animals.

suspsy

The Safari Nigersaurus also suffers from a grossly oversized head.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist Safari gastornis and Collecta diatryma are honestly not totally definitive figures. We need more figures of that terror bird with a larger and more detailed size. Perhaps Eofauna, PNSO or Collecta could make one of those two figures as Collecta made her kelenken, which in my opinion is one of the best horror birds ever made by a toy brand and honestly with a soft PVC material that It is the one I like most for its durability.

avatar_suspsy @suspsy The nigersaurus of Safari honestly still likes me regardless of the imperfections you comment (I do not understand paleontology, or biology) I think it is a very detailed and very cool figure. Hopefully Eofauna makes a figure of that very rare sauropod.

I regret the problems you have with your pterosaur and I understand that you buy another new figure, in my case the same thing happened to me and I have bought a figure again but in my case it was due to abrasions produced by the action of nature (falls of my shelving).

suspsy

I think the neck and tail are about the right length. It's just the head, which was probably sculpted that size in order to better show off its features.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ikessauro

Does a new display count as new acquisition?

I've got plenty new figures this week, but i'll post them later.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Nice showcase and well presented and clean and especially with perfectly ordered prehistoric dinosaurs and animals. I congratulate you on your order.

You have what I see a very varied collection of dinosaurs and dinosaur fossil replicas.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: mgaguilar on July 30, 2018, 02:41:40 AM
Nice grabs avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin!
Seems like everyone is on the hunt for Mattel lately.

This 'lil Mojo just shipped in:

Looking forward to seeing how Mojo grows as a company to provide better toys (as this one is still very much so a toy).
But if their 2018 releases (ever get released *ahem*) are anything to go by in terms of progress, this company may be a solid contender in 2020 for collections.
In my opinion, you were right

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: