News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno on February 16, 2020, 06:19:54 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on July 30, 2018, 02:41:40 AM
Nice grabs avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin!
Seems like everyone is on the hunt for Mattel lately.

This 'lil Mojo just shipped in:

Looking forward to seeing how Mojo grows as a company to provide better toys (as this one is still very much so a toy).
But if their 2018 releases (ever get released *ahem*) are anything to go by in terms of progress, this company may be a solid contender in 2020 for collections.
In my opinion, you were right

I have received some Minizoo novelties from the Mojo 2020 dinosaurs and I can assure you both their baryonyx, troodon, madschuosaurus and spinosaurus are tall figures.

The Mojo 2020 giganotosaurus exceeds its previous version and what spoils it are its oversized feet (it has no articulated jaw) on the other hand the brontosaurus and mamenchisaurus would be excellent figures if it had tripled Mojo or at least doubled in size.

Libraraptor

Wow, nice finds everyone!
As for myself, I recently bought Ely Kish´a Dinosaurs from China Yangchuanosaurus, unfourtunately without the background, but anyway.

Loon

Congrats on all the great acquisitions everyone!

Here's what's come in recently:

My first order from Urzeitshop finally arrived. I mostly ordered this lot to get the AAOD Australovenator, but, Urzeitshop had some nice figures I'd been looking for, so I added them in.

Continuing the German theme, I received this lovely Arizonasaurus from avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor (as well as an old school Schleich Baryonyx and, I think, my first UKRD figure, stegosaurus). The Bullyland Paratypothorax was won on eBay, as was the Schleich Shonisaurus.

The Shonisaurus is freaking huge. I was shocked by how big it is, I love it!

Finally, and by no means leastly, my first custom. Kyle Brandon Bishop on Facebook has done quite a few customs of Mattel's Jurassic World line, and the minute I saw his Amber Collection JP3 Velociraptor, I had to have it.

The only problem I have with it is that I now need a female to go along with it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice haul!

Still waiting on another company to do  a Shoni..been a long time.

Libraraptor

Great haul,  avatar_Loon @Loon , I am happy that the Arizonasaurus arrived quickly and safely.

Faelrin

avatar_Loon @Loon Fantastic additions there. I still hope I can acquire some of those (specifically the Bullyland figures and Schleich Shonisaurus) in the future but no doubt it would be a long time from now. That custom JPIII raptor looks amazing too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon I congratulate you on your new acquisitions the arizinosaurus and paratypothorax are quite rare in the toy market because both figures are discontinued.

On the other hand, Schleich's shonisaurus is immense and I still have the same affection I had when I bought that figure in 2005 if I remember correctly. I hope that some company of toy dinosaurs or collectibles make acceptable that marine reptile that is my favorite and is a prehistoric animal with which I identify as a pseudonym.

PrimevalRaptor

Really great haul! The Shonisaurus is still one of Schleich's best models, of course there's parts that are outdated now but it's just SO massive, truly an impressive model and their best marine reptile imo.
Maybe Safari or CollectA will give us an updated model (or maybe Shastasaurus if they wanna go even bigger)?

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisition of pliosaurus. It is a beautiful and curious figure. I'm glad for you.

ceratopsian

? @Stolpergeist - what a kind lady!  Congratulations on your acquisition.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Loon on February 19, 2020, 02:27:25 AM
Congrats on all the great acquisitions everyone!

Here's what's come in recently:

My first order from Urzeitshop finally arrived. I mostly ordered this lot to get the AAOD Australovenator, but, Urzeitshop had some nice figures I'd been looking for, so I added them in.

Continuing the German theme, I received this lovely Arizonasaurus from avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor (as well as an old school Schleich Baryonyx and, I think, my first UKRD figure, stegosaurus). The Bullyland Paratypothorax was won on eBay, as was the Schleich Shonisaurus.

The Shonisaurus is freaking huge. I was shocked by how big it is, I love it!

Finally, and by no means leastly, my first custom. Kyle Brandon Bishop on Facebook has done quite a few customs of Mattel's Jurassic World line, and the minute I saw his Amber Collection JP3 Velociraptor, I had to have it.

The only problem I have with it is that I now need a female to go along with it.
Lovely aquisitions, and by the way do they still have any of those Age of Dinosaurs Australovenator's left avatar_Loon @Loon ?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

Libraraptor

Congrats,  ? @Stolpergeist to that highly sought after Museum exclusive!

As for myself,  I got myself 1993 Safari Yangchuanosaurus and 1998 Parasaurolophus:

Blade-of-the-Moon

I actually just decided a week ago to part with that Para and her matching hatchling, same for the Hypacrosaurus. I didn't know anyone was really still looking for the older WS dinos.  The Yangchuano now is a good, one I think the pose is unique still, I like that Ely Kish did them, and I have maybe two Yangs in my collection?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor I congratulate you on your new acquisitions of yangchuanosaurus and parasaurolophus from Safari. The yangchuanosaurus of Safari (Dinosaurs of China) was the only one I had in my collection until the yangchuanosaurus mini and that of the PNSO changchuanosaurus and chungkingosaurus set arrived to accompany that figure. I'm glad for you.

ItsTwentyBelow

I just received the CollectA Edaphosaurus in the mail, and wow, this figure borders on perfection. Really well done, and bigger than I expected. Scales nice with the Favorite Dimetrodon.

Very happy and impressed!

Shonisaurus

avatar_ItsTwentyBelow @ItsTwentyBelow I congratulate you on your new acquisition. Yes, Collecta's edaphosaurus really impresses, in fact it is the best prehistoric toy animal awarded by the prestigious Prehistoric Times magazine.

ItsTwentyBelow

Thanks guys, I think it is very deserving of that title.

Makes me excited for the Lisowicia!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on February 23, 2020, 10:52:17 PM
Thanks guys, I think it is very deserving of that title.

Makes me excited for the Lisowicia!

I sincerely believe that Collecta lisowicia bojani is a very clear candidate to be the best Prehistoric Times figure of this year 2020, although we also know that he has his competence, even in Safari figures.

However, it is the prehistoric non-dinosaur animal that has impacted me the most.

Eocarcharia

My latest arrivals: Safari's entire 2020 lineup, plus the Papo Dimetrodon and Polacanthus. With its retirement this year, I also decided to get 2 extra of Safari's Nasutoceratops before they're gone that I'll be repainting.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: