News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Congratulations on your acquisition, the repainted Collecta diplodocus is as beautiful or better to me than its 2013 counterpart, in my honest opinion.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Finally, these long wanted Animals came to me. First i wasn't sure if i want that Diplodocus, but i simply love it. (Also, i prefer it over the Carnegie one. Yes, i do :D)
Thanks, Doug! (Allosaurus)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. Especially Doug's allosaurus is the best allosaurus that exists in the toy market from a scientific point of view.

Sauroswan

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs  it's interesting what you said about the Safari diplodocus. I've been looking for a good diplodocus figure for a while now, and don't think that the Carnegie is a realistic option for me. Safari's sculpt looks nice, but I've been disappointed with the paint job. It looks poorly executed in many pictures. How is it on your dippy?

Dinoguy2

Just got this glow in the dark version of the 1993 Safari Velociraptor. Don't know much about this, if anyone can help out? I don't think it's a bootleg because it has a complete Safari imprint on the bottom so it must have been made from the original mold.

The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

suspsy

My Safari Deinonychus, Dilophosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, and Shringasaurus arrived yesterday from Hobby and Toy Central (Sarcosuchus was sold out, sadly). The package is sitting in the garage in quarantine until Saturday.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

avatar_suspsy @suspsy How many days do you estimate that a package must be quarantined to avoid coronavirus? I am interested in it, since I am going to receive packages from various online stores, from Australia, China and the USA.

D @Dinoguy2 I congratulate you on your new acquisition. That velociraptor from Safari is very curious.

suspsy

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 16, 2020, 02:20:12 PM
avatar_suspsy @suspsy How many days do you estimate that a package must be quarantined to avoid coronavirus? I am interested in it, since I am going to receive packages from various online stores, from Australia, China and the USA

Covid-19 can last for 24 hours on cardboard and up to three days on plastic, so a package that arrives on Wednesday gets put in the garage until Saturday evening.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200320192755.htm

Of course, one could also simply wipe down the box, and the items inside with soapy water if it needed to be opened promptly. And wash hands afterwards.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

therizinosaurus

Just received my order from Safari (trying to play a bit of catch-up for the years I've been out of the hobby). The new Shringsaurus is already one of my favorite figures ever. Coelophysis is spectacular as well. Nasutoceratops and Uintatherium round out the quartet of new figures for me. Couldn't be happier overall with the quality of these figures.

Shonisaurus

T @therizinosaurus My congratulations on your new additions, the uintatherium, nasutoceratops, shringasaurus, coelophysis safari are remarkably good and pretty figures in the toy dinosaur universe.

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Thanks for the information I will take it into account for my future deliveries.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Sauroswan on April 16, 2020, 09:33:25 AM
avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs  it's interesting what you said about the Safari diplodocus. I've been looking for a good diplodocus figure for a while now, and don't think that the Carnegie is a realistic option for me. Safari's sculpt looks nice, but I've been disappointed with the paint job. It looks poorly executed in many pictures. How is it on your dippy?

Hm. It's a Yes and No for me. First off, this is a Toy. But the Sculpt and the detail of it seem more of a Model. For this Price. Yes, the Paintjob is not the best. But when i look at other Safaris, its not always better, tbh.
I kind of like the Blue with the white. And the Animal stands on a shelv next to other Dinosaurs. So, it only really matters, if you look close. Moreover i heard, that people said something like " But the skin is so smooth." It is exactly the way i would imaginge such a giant Animal. I really love this Figure. Looks alive, i like the Colours. Its just complaining about stuff, thats not really noticable, when the Dippy is at it's Place.

(I love The Safari Allosaurus, but in this case i am a bit disappointed in the Paintjob. The Colour-scheme and the Colours are a great choice, dont get me wrong, but it looks more like a Toy, than the Diplo. At least to me. Maybe because it is a Toy in the end. A really good one. :D )

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thank you!

BlueKrono

What is that book behind them with the olm and the snapping turtles?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist I am glad that you have obtained the Bullyland large size feathered velociraptor in my case I did not buy it in its day and I will surely regret it, considering that it is a dinosaur based on the paleoartistic work of Luis Rey. I congratulate you on all your acquisitions.

Libraraptor

? @Stolpergeist : That Oviraptor in a packaging for eggs is hilarious!

therizinosaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 23, 2020, 03:14:40 AM
What is that book behind them with the olm and the snapping turtles?

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono by the exceptional Darren Naish of TetZoo:

https://www.amazon.com/Tetrapod-Zoology-Book-Darren-Naish/dp/190572361X

Faelrin

I finally opened these up after quarantining them for a day. The Minmi is already open and out here because for whatever odd reason half the package wasn't glued so I was able to slip that one easily out without having to rip or cut it open. My Savage Strike Charlie arrived the day before the other two. That one I waited for months and at least a minimum of two weeks after it shipped to arrive. No doubt the COVID-19 situation caused the delays with that one, but still opening it up and finding it with sloppy paint spill off from the teeth, and paint worn off the eye is still however disappointing. And from what I've heard (and seen) from folks on reddit regarding this particular figure, this has happened before.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I congratulate you on your new acquisitions of prehistoric animals JW sincerely the most interesting of the three figures from my personal point of view is the rhamphorynchus as it is the rarest figure of the group and a still rather obscure prehistoric animal.

triceratops83

I promise I'll replace Photobucket soon, might even attempt it this weekend, since I've nothing better to do, but the Sound Strike Edmontosaurus arrived in the mail yesterday. It's quite cool, and the sound feature is impressively loud, but it has some oddities, like four toes on its' feet, and a fairly short snout for what it's supposed to represent. I've noticed no one seems to have acquired this one since it became available, might be regional.

I was super happy this showed up, because I've been waiting months for some parcels to show up from overseas, and I don't have high hopes at this point. And this was stuff I ordered BEFORE everything went haywire, I guess it just got caught up in the mess. Oh, well, what are you gonna do? I'm not gonna complain about that of all things.

A big shout out to Minizoo while I'm here, their parcels have been arriving like clockwork. They're my favourite online store and I want to support them during this difficult time so I've managed to get most of my Xmas shopping done. I know, it's early but I've picked up a lot of cool stuff for my nieces.

EDIT - done it!

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Faelrin

avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 Yeah the Edmontosaurus certainly has some oddities with it, but nonetheless it is a beautiful one, and I'm quite glad Mattel made it, and based it partially off the JW website design, and in turn JW Evolution's.

I took a quick picture of the Sarcosuchus that arrived today. Was planning on quarantining the package, but well my mother got to it and wasted no time opening it after it did. Hopefully it's all fine though.

Regardless I'm glad to finally have this big reptile in my collection. The action feature on it is pretty fun too, especially more so in hand, with the almost death roll it's capable of (the feature on this is definitely better on this one, then on the Tarbosaurus I think, in regards to its potential movement. It also doesn't have those spikes getting it in the way of the button), despite the real animal possibly not being capable of that. I will definitely be showing this to my nieces once I have the chance. I was also quite surprised about the scutes on the back. I thought there was a seam down the middle but its actually the sculpt detail. The back scutes (or plates) themselves appear to be a separate piece on both the body and tail. Regarding the scute (or plates) arrangement on the back there was definitely some research put into it. The scutes aren't perfectly accurate of course, but they certainly resemble some of the reconstructions of it out there (skeleton and otherwise). If this interview of the designer was anything to go by, that is probably the case: https://jurassicoutpost.com/behind-the-scenes-look-at-designing-jurassic-world-dinosaur-toys-with-mattels-kristen-sanzari/
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

triceratops83

I've seen the Sarcosuchus in Kmart and the snapping jaw works really well - very precise.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: