News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

? @Stolpergeist Good haul there. By the way, here's the underside of the bell for anyone curious (though it must be said it's much better in person):

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV Congrats on your acquisitions. What a good deal too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist I congratulate you on that plateosaurus is cheap and honestly if the problem is just the paint ... it can be repainted.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin  I congratulate you on your Bullyland jellyfish.

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV I congratulate you those Carnegie dinosaurs for that price are a real bargain and apart from that they belong to a toy brand that has been dropped in production for the benefit of Safari.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 28, 2020, 11:44:09 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on May 28, 2020, 10:27:27 PM
Woah. Congratulations. I am really jealous, right now. Where did you get them?

Ordered directly from Favorite by a friend who lives in Japan.

Sry for the late reply.
I see. Sounds fantastic. I just have friends in Countrys like Iceland, which is not that useful, when it comes to Dinosaurs :D

Sim

I recently acquired the PNSO Mamenchisaurus.

Duna

Quote from: Sim on June 05, 2020, 04:11:14 PM
What do you think of it? It has a very nice price now but I'm not sure ...

Carnoking

Another Battat down, five to go.

Shonisaurus

I don't see any figure.  :(

Faelrin

So my latest haul of Safari Ltd figures came today. I managed to take advantage of the memorial day sale (25% off each figure). I got the new 2020 Dilophosaurus, Deinonychus, and Ichthyosaurus, as well as catching up on some older figures on my wishlist for a while (the Daeodon, Doedicurus, Hyaenodon, Liopleurodon, Megacerops, Pteranodon, and Evolution of Man set, and the Sunfish with Stand). I also managed to get a free figure offer from ordering over $50's worth of figures, which was the German Shepard puppy figure (which I already gave to my brother, as it is his favorite dog breed).

Every came pretty good. I think only the Megacerops had an "issue", in that both of its pupils do not seem to be painted on.

A close up look at the Megacerops eyes:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmmaLVV

Got myself the Atlasaurus imelakei by Eofauna from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur. What a beaut!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, even if I don't see them. Battat's figures, although I don't see them, are all superior.
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I am glad that you have those news from Safari on the other hand it is very smart to adopt that purchasing strategy, taking advantage of offers. I congratulate you all are very beautiful figures.
avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV I congratulate you on your new acquisition, the Eofauna atlasaurus is comparable to a quality resin figure, it is very cool and nice.

EmmaLVV

Moar goodies!  :))

Safari Prehistoric Animal Skulls TOOB

Safari Basking Shark *

* Shark now officially belongs to my 3-year old daughter, who keeps repeating "barskin shark" constantly, and also wants to have a bath with it. Bless.

Shonisaurus

Those Safari prehistoric mammal skulls serve to contrast with the prehistoric mammal figures. I congratulate you on your purchase, although I do not buy prehistoric animal skulls I have to admit that the fossil replicas of Safari are very scientific.

EmmaLVV

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 06, 2020, 08:36:50 PM
Those Safari prehistoric mammal skulls serve to contrast with the prehistoric mammal figures. I congratulate you on your purchase, although I do not buy prehistoric animal skulls I have to admit that the fossil replicas of Safari are very scientific.

I have the dinosaur skulls set as well. :)

suspsy

Quote from: EmmaLVV on June 06, 2020, 02:56:46 PM
Moar goodies!  :))

Safari Prehistoric Animal Skulls TOOB

Safari Basking Shark *

* Shark now officially belongs to my 3-year old daughter, who keeps repeating "barskin shark" constantly, and also wants to have a bath with it. Bless.

My son is still under three and he plays with that basking shark in the tub every night!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Libraraptor

Look how amazed or shocked that shark looks!

EmmaLVV

Quote from: suspsy on June 06, 2020, 11:35:07 PM
My son is still under three and he plays with that basking shark in the tub every night!

It's great isn't it? ^-^ She knows about Basking sharks from Sarah & Duck, so I knew she'd love it!

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 07, 2020, 08:31:43 AM
Look how amazed or shocked that shark looks!

That made me laugh too when I unpackaged it!  :))

Sim

Quote from: Duna on June 05, 2020, 04:42:12 PM
Quote from: Sim on June 05, 2020, 04:11:14 PM
What do you think of it? It has a very nice price now but I'm not sure ...

I like it.  I paid quite a lot for it but I'm happy with it.  To be clear, I bought Er-ma the Mamenchisaurus not the earlier limited edition version that costs much more.

PrimevalRaptor

Some nice pickups there, the Prehistoric Sea Life toob is still my favorite toob (and I hope we'll get a larger Nothosaurus one day)

Picked up the Mattel Edmontosaurus (regalis) today, honestly a really cool figure especially for a toy. Hadrosaurs and Co are certainly underrepresented compared to theropods so this is a welcome addition!
It being based on the JWE one (aka the Julius Csotonyi one) really helps making it stand out too, love the colors. :D

Safari Nasutoceratops for scale, it's smaller than I thought but that's good for storage lmao

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor My congratulations to both of you, you have collected beautiful figures, that you enjoy them and that you continue increasing your collection.

brontosauruschuck

I'm wondering why the carapece on the one Ankylosaurus is so white, and the Triceratops are both a weird brown colour. Is this sun-bleaching or was that a variation/repaint that I didn't know about. Also, why am I buying multiple copes of the same toy that I already own? I have a problem.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: