News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Stolpergeist on July 14, 2020, 09:11:42 AM
avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Oh sweet, the Gosnell sauropods are also high on my list since I came across them in December while browsing eBay but I won't be home this summer so I'll get them in October.
Might also get the mosasaurs but with the larger one it depends if the sculpt has the palatal teeth or not.
I plan to repaint them too as the paintjob isn't the prettiest.

The Sculpts are really great. The Big one looks really Majestic. But prepare to work on it. It came completely deformed in a 45cm Package. The Head is a bit off, but nothing you cant change. Also, the details a quite good overall. I mean at this pricetag i am absolutely okay with that and Postage was 3 Euros from China to Germany. I think, it will turn out great after a Repaint. The smaller one is okay. Has a Retrovibe somehow. You maybe need to support the Legs aswell, since the Figure is really really soft rubber. But since they are hollow, just cut them open, support them with sturdy Wire (Thick aluminium did not work, haha) or Wood or whatever. Glueing them was no problem at all. I can't take my eyes of the Big one. This is how Sauropods transport their Size as a Figure.

Thank you, avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow! I have seen these before on the Web, but didn't know they are Gosnell aswell. You have them, i guess? It it worth a look? They should be repainted aswell, looking at the Images.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 14, 2020, 11:56:13 AM

Thank you, avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow! I have seen these before on the Web, but didn't know they are Gosnell aswell. You have them, i guess? It it worth a look? They should be repainted aswell, looking at the Images.

I have the brown one:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.msg239409#msg239409

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.msg241114#msg24111b

https://flic.kr/p/2hp3m3s

https://flic.kr/p/2j72yJh

:)

Jose S.M.

I've always liked that Sauropod, congrats!

Libraraptor

Ah, the Tambatitanis which had no name yet when the model was released.  I have it, too and I like it a lot.

Leyster

Quote from: Stolpergeist on July 14, 2020, 09:12:52 AM
Also on the fence regarding the Gosnell Dilophosaurus which is a bootleg of the Sideshow model, it might be neat for customization.
Do you have a link to that Dilophosaurus? I'm curious about how it looks like, but a search shows no results for Gosnell.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Loon

Quote from: Leyster on July 15, 2020, 07:27:13 AM
Also on the fence regarding the Gosnell Dilophosaurus which is a bootleg of the Sideshow model, it might be neat for customization.
Do you have a link to that Dilophosaurus? I'm curious about how it looks like, but a search shows no results for Gosnell.

I believe this is the Dilophosaurus, it may have been hard to find as it's listed as both Gosnell and Boley here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W8YB2QJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_OrSdFb9H1ZT7P

Leyster

Quote from: Loon on July 15, 2020, 09:56:49 AM
Quote from: Leyster on July 15, 2020, 07:27:13 AM

I believe this is the Dilophosaurus, it may have been hard to find as it's listed as both Gosnell and Boley here.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W8YB2QJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_OrSdFb9H1ZT7P[/url]
Ah, I see the resemblance, thank you. The Tyrannosaurus looks like the "Dinosaurs in the Wild" exibition exclusive one, too.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

EmmaLVV

Finally got a hold of this derpy guy... (Those eyes!)  :o

Invicta Iguanodon (painted version)

Mononykus

Hello all,
I want to share pictures of some recent (more or less) arrivals, although I am skipping a few of the standard commercial figures from Collecta if favor of more unusual stuff.

First up is the Wild Past Protoceratops andrewsi, a cute little model at 1/35 scale. I can't wait for for Wild Past figures to be released.

Next is the Rebor Titanoboa. Overall a nice model, but a couple of disappointments. As others have mentioned, its too bad they went with a generic Crocodylus rather than on the more distinctive crocs that actually co-occured with Titanoboa. The second issue is that the wire is not anchored to the surrounding rubber, which means that the snake's body rotates around the wire. This becomes an issue if you want to pose the snake with curves but its belly on the ground, since when you bend it the ventral side (which is flat and thus has less material) flips toward the bend. You can see this in the picture below: the ventral side cannot be made to rest against the ground (as it would naturally) in a pose such as this.

From Kayakasaurus's Etsy store I picked up his 1/40 scale Irritator figure (so much better than the Collecta one). The figure was unpainted but I didn't photograph it before I painted it. I am not all that good at painting (not very steady hands), but I am actually happy with how this came out.

Staying with Etsy stores, next is a swimming Spinosaurus from Saraphis Creations (Sarah Whelan). This is a cast, but after making 8 or so of these the mold broke, so this is a very limited creation. Its fairly small, about 1/70 scale, but it is the first (?) up-to-date figure, and quite lovely.

I also ordered several goodies from Paleocasts (Patrick May, also on Etsy). He has only done 3* vertebrates so far (that I know of), the most recent being this 1/5 scale Phlegethontia longissima, a limbless Aïstopod Lepospondyl amphibian. (This is actually the second aïstopod in my collection, the first being a small Ophiderpeton from Shapeways.) Its comes with a driftwood perch and is curved to fit the wood (so each figure will be slightly different).
* depending on taxonomic interpretation

Patrick's real speciality is invertebrates, especially Cambrian ones, and I couldn't resist a couple of the more exotic ones:
Microdictyon is a lobopod/stem onychophoran? from the Maotianshan Shale of China. It is quite large (as can be seen by the Collecta man), about 13x life size.

Next up is Kerygmachela kierkegaardi, a probable basal Dinocaridid, from the Sirius Passet Lagerstätte. It is also pretty good sized, about 2.5 x life size.

Finally, we end with a trio of figures from Jetoar's Paleo-creatures line:
Titanosuchus ferox, a Dinocephalian synapsid, about 1/16 scale:

Lystrosaurus maccaigi, a Dicynodontid synapsid, about 1/25 scale and a big improvement over the Kaiyodo one that looks more like a toad

Repenomamus giganticus, a Eutriconodontian mammal from the early Cretaceous that ate baby Psittacosaurus. About 1/10 scale.

I hope you enjoy these.

Faelrin

avatar_Mononykus @Mononykus Quite the diverse assortment there. Quite fascinating that there has been an up to date figure of sorts of the newest reconstruction of Spinosaurus. What a shame the mold broke. At least you were lucky to get one.

I've been eyeballing the Paleocasts creations here and there, but wasn't aware of the Phlegethontia. What a curious looking animal. The driftwood is also a nice touch.

The others are wonderful additions as well, some of which I also have, while others are on my wishlist (such as many of the Paleo-Creatures figures).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

Very impressive figures avatar_Mononykus @Mononykus congrats on getting them.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 16, 2020, 12:07:24 PM
Very impressive figures avatar_Mononykus @Mononykus congrats on getting them.

Yeah, I agree, impressive new additions. The Lystrosaurus , wasn´t he more compact and heavily built? Looks a little too slender for my taste.

Carnoking

Probably one of the fastest shipping experiences I've had with Aliexpress. I gotta say, the original Wilson's paint scheme is fantastic, and I think it plays off of the 2020 version very well.
As far as the vitae sinoceratops goes, underwhelmed with this one. Not a huge fan of resin figures to begin with, but the texture on it looks like cottage cheese ceiling finish. The paint scheme is also a bit bland, which doesn't help. But honestly, with Vitae's recent passing I'm glad to add it to the collection and round out Vitae's affordable dinosaur offerings.

EmperorDinobot

I got the Resaurus Deinonychus figure *sheds tear*... Finally.

My collection is complete.

I also got the Carnegie Concavenator thanks to I think Loon. I have a lot of new dinosaurs. I'm seriously intimidated.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Stolpergeist on July 14, 2020, 10:11:11 PM
avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs How soft are they?
Wobbly or more like the Waiphoon knockoff Dinoland Camarasaurus?
The only Gosnell figures I have physically encountered so far are their Crazy Dinos bathtub toys.

Speaking of sauropods I have acquired the Favorite Tambatitanis from the Hyougo Museum of Nature and Human Activities.

Congrats, I want the Tamba sooo so so bad

Mononykus

Thanks, everyone.

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 16, 2020, 12:22:11 PMThe Lystrosaurus , wasn´t he more compact and heavily built? Looks a little too slender for my taste.
I agree that the Lystrosaurus is a bit on the skinny side, especially the legs, but it is still much better than squatting Kaiyodo one, which looks more like a resting lizard in its pose (and at least in mine, the painted tusks don't match the sculpted tusks, making the face not very clear).

Also, Sarah Whelan has posted another picture of the new swimming Spinosaurus with a very different paintjob (on instagram, but you can see here without needing an Instagram account), but its not clear if this is the original sculpt or a new cast made with a new mold (my guess is it's the original sculpt). She doesn't indicate if it will be available for sale, but it wouldn't hurt to check her Etsy page regularly.

Halichoeres

@Monoykus that's a great new batch of figures. I didn't realize each Phlegethontia was individually molded to its base! The Microdictyon looks amazing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

awesome new ones everyone! *jealous*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Stolpergeist on July 14, 2020, 10:11:11 PM
avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs How soft are they?
Wobbly or more like the Waiphoon knockoff Dinoland Camarasaurus?
The only Gosnell figures I have physically encountered so far are their Crazy Dinos bathtub toys.

I can't compare it to the Camara, since i do not own it, but they are not wobbly, i would say. You can squeeze them, but it takes a bit force to do so. The Material in the Tail (when i did cut it) was from around 3 to 5mm thick (A guess, right now). And its should be PVC aswell. Since, i am not at home right now, i can't make a small Video handling them. If you can wait 5 Weeks ( :D ), i can do that and upload it as an unlisted YT Video. In a video, the Size would be also better to see. Also: Nice aquisition!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: