News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy That fish looks insanely real.  :o Where did you get it?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PrimevalRaptor

? @Stolpergeist if I ever got the space I should build up a small diorama with those tiny model train people/houses and put the Giga in there, would feel right at home there. :D
I do actually have the original green standing T.rex so that'd be fun to compare (and that one still makes that pose look a bit more natural)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I have bought quite a few things since last I logged in on here. It is quite daunting thinking about posting it all. I might just go straight to my own collection thread so as not to bore anyone.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

Either way is fine by me avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx, I doubt you'd bore me.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Carnoking on October 17, 2020, 02:55:52 AM
Another super fast shipment from Alliexpress, this time it's PNSO's "Doyle" the triceratops. I'm not sure if this is the old or new version, .......

It's the original version, but as you've mentioned nonetheless a very beautiful depiction of the species.

Quote from: Flaffy on October 17, 2020, 05:39:09 PM
Lycoptera davidi. ~9.5cm long custom (not by me) 3D-printed and painted model.
Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 17, 2020, 08:00:27 PM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Absolutely phenomenal paint job!
Who made it?

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy: I can only emphasize this! Whoever painted the fish did a wonderful job!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tonight Regina mundi entered the collection. I hope to be able to take daylight pics soon.

Halichoeres

Wow, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy that Lycoptera is gorgeous. My only osteoglossomorph is the generic one that came with Sean Cooper's Spinosaurus. This thing just looks amazing, especially considering the modest size.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

P @PlesiosaurusNessy  my congratulations on your new additions, I sincerely have the AAA hyaenodon and entelodon in both versions, large and small, and sincerely it has a quality equal to or similar to the rest of prehistoric collectible mammals. AAA is a very good brand.

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor My congratulations the giganotosaurus has a good sculpture as you say but the pose is quite unreal.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy  My congratulations, we need more prehistoric fish of all species and sizes from collectibles and toy dinosaur brands like the one you show.

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar  I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, I like those three rare theropods in the toy market, each one of the three although I do not collect that extraordinary brands of toy dinosaurs such as Mattel, I have to admit that it is a punctuated brand in quality and variety to global level.

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Postsaurischian I congratulate you on your new acquisition, that cool and awesome tyrannosaurus shows that prehistoric animals and dinosaurs made with noble and brittle material are of a higher quality than other dinosaur figures made with PVC or vinyl material, to give just two examples.

Flaffy

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian ? @Stolpergeist avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin

The Lycoptera was sculpted and painted by Cheung Chung Tat.
I believe it was an extra from a museum commission. Unfortunately I don't think he takes private commissions, so a collector like me managing to acquire a finished model like this is likely a one-time thing.

Really glad to have gotten this beautiful model. I usually don't collect 3D-printed models, but I just had to make an exception for the little guy. Gonna name him "David" for obvious reasons :)).

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus

It's such a shame that such common and well documented species in the fossil record hardly get any figure representations; whilst fragmentary, or hell, even ichnotaxon somehow manage to get made into figures. Really wish Safari or CollectA would step up and produce a toob that solely consists of common fossil taxa.

paintingdinos

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian
Ragina looks outstanding! Such an excellent model. Kicking myself I didn't get one, I really hope Krentz releases a few more casts.

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on October 17, 2020, 06:00:11 PM
A trio of awesome Theropods from Mattel just came in:

The Majungasaurus is really looking nice, especially with the light green highlights/stripes.
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, ? @Stolpergeist & avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos

Quote from: Flaffy on October 18, 2020, 02:46:15 PM
The Lycoptera was sculpted and painted by Cheung Chung Tat.

Wonderful artist :D !

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 18, 2020, 04:26:28 PM
avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian She looks beautiful, it's neat to see the Kaiyodo Sinosauropteryx for comparison, are they same scale?

David Krentz writes his T. rex is in 1:18. That would make her a beast of about 13 m length (72 cm along the spine).
The Kaiyodo Sinosauropteryx would still be too big for Regina. I'd say it's in 1:10 - 1:12, but it's okay enough for me :) .

Quote from: paintingdinos on October 18, 2020, 04:27:57 PM
avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian
Ragina looks outstanding! Such an excellent model. Kicking myself I didn't get one, I really hope Krentz releases a few more casts.

Since she sold very well there might be a chance. I was lucky and got the very last one that was offered on Kickstarter.

....... (and we will probably see Chinese bootlegs of her in the near future :P )

Halichoeres

I suspected the Lycoptera wouldn't be generally available, but kind of a bummer to have that confirmed.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I just received the giganotosaurus from W-Dragon and the microraptor from PNSO at my home today:

W-Dragon's giganotosaurus is cute but smaller than I would have imagined. The sculpture is fabulous but that yes that giganotosaurus is a bit squat, it comes with a very well presented base with a kind of carpet at the bottom to avoid that the base scratches the table for example. Anyway, an outstanding figure intended for an adult audience.

On the other hand, the microraptor is very large for what the species actually was. It has detailed wings and is honestly a very well made and very dynamic figure and what spoils it among other things is the head has a grimace or rather a gesture that could have been improved from my honest point of view. Otherwise it is a figure advisable only for those who are fans of feathered dinosaurs.

Today I had a good pickup.

Now to wait for the lacitedesnuages.be package with my three Nanmu tyrannosaurus (the two color versions and the transparent gift version in this case).

Faelrin

Here's a good haul of Kaiyodo (mostly Dinotales) figures that arrived today. Many thanks to avatar_brettnj @brettnj for the good deals and fast shipping on these (faster then I was expecting to be honest, but couldn't be more thrilled). I couldn't be more happier to have these finally. Most of these help to fill in the largely spotty Paleozoic assortment I had previously, with a Mesozoic (or two in the case of the Lystrosaurus), and one Cenozoic addition as well. Altogether there is the Series 1 Bothriolepis, Series 1 Cladoselache, Series 1 Opabinia, Series 1-2 Diplocaulus, Series 2 Meiolania, Series 3 Lystrosaurus, Series 4 Meganeura, Series 5 A Eryops, Series 7 Y Pterygotus, and the expo Yi qi.  I think out of all of these the Meganeura was the most challenging to put together, with all the tiny limbs, and what not.

The little Meiolania really hit me in the feels though unexpectedly, as after holding it in hand it reminded me so much of my little turtle who recently passed. It's definitely going to be on display next to his now vacant aquarium, despite my intentions to add it with my Cenozoic additions (though I unfortunately still lack the Southlands Replicas assortment that would display much more appropriately alongside it), because even now I can't help but glance at his tank out of habit, looking for his antics, despite him now being gone. It'll be a beautiful tribute to him now.

I also took a couple of comparisons with the now retired Safari Ltd Cambrian Life Toob (sorry about forgetting to include the Vauxia), and Prehistoric Sharks Toob Cladoselache, as well as my first two Kaiyodo figures I got earlier in the year, the Series 2 Acanthostega, and the Great Leaps in Evolution Ichthyostega.

BlueKrono

That's an excellent selection of Kaiyodos. And R.I.P. to your little turtle. They're my favorite animals, and can be quite endearing.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Loon

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Great selection of Kaiyodo figures. I need to get some of those myself, especially the Diplocaulus, I love the pink and black combo on that one.

? @Stolpergeist That Batrachotomus is a great find. I remember how excited I was when I found the red version at a local toy show.

Faelrin

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono Thanks. Also yes, he definitely was, and certainly had a charming and quirky personality of sorts. Not a day goes by where I don't miss him. This figure will help to keep the memories of him alive and pay my respects to him.

? @Stolpergeist Dang nice find that is. Glad to hear it is in really good condition too. Congrats with getting the Allosaurus as well. Good luck with the Edaphosaurus if you ever get the chance. Hopefully you can get that Meganeura as well. Might not be the most accurate, but it is beautiful for sure. Now if only I could get my hands on an Arthropleura to go with it.

avatar_Loon @Loon It is easily my favorite color scheme on Diplocaulus yet I think (the Play Visions one is probably second for me I guess). So glad to have it finally. Hopefully you can get one for yourself sometime too, if not any of the others here.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Nice addition of Kaiyodo figures, I honestly like all your additions, especially those that are unpublished in the collectibles market in my case such as prehistoric fish, meganeura, meiolania and lystrosaurus and prehistoric invertebrates apart from meganeura.

? @Stolpergeist I congratulate you for adding that batrachonomus to your collection with that type of paint, in my case it is the only one I have in my collection, the reddish batrachonomus version (I call it red batrachonomus, I don't have it in my collection.

Baryonyx

Managed to snag these two on Ebay recently; the Hypacrosaurus was the only actual figure amongst a load of the worst cheaposaurs! I couldn't believe it.  The stripes on this example seem to be blue rather light green?

The Carnegie Corythosaurus is such a great figure (camera has washed out the colours - actually looks quite cool) - though just in time for the PNSO news...

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. That hypacrosaurus is one of the few hadrosaur figures on the toy dinosaur market, and Carnegie's corythosaurus is one of the first figures of that defunct brand. Nice additions.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: