News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 30, 2020, 11:16:04 AM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on October 30, 2020, 09:20:32 AM
The cashier just gave me way too many stickers so I didn't have to buy a ton of groceries.

Oh, that happened to me too, I ended up with 14 figures in the end as each time the cashier handed out dozens of stickers, technically 15, I got the shark twice so I could customize one.
I posted my Edeka haul at "Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures" in the "Other toys and collectibles" section.

Nice! My market was all out of Great Whites, but the crocodile was my second option so I wasn't too disappointed. Im glad to hear cashiers were kind to the consumers. I would have never shopped for 50€ just to get one Schleich for half off.

Libraraptor

I really like those Schleich Classics!

I have acquired the background base to the Safari Yangchuanosaurus at last, Thanks to a pleasant trade with ? @Stolpergeist

Loon

I'd never heard of Schleich classics, but they're pretty cute. I'd argue they're far more aesthetically pleasing than most rod their modern figures.

Faelrin

I agree they are pretty cute. What are they made to represent? The bird in particular intrigues me.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Those Schleich classics look very cute, I wo der what the history behind them is?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Libraraptor

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 30, 2020, 07:50:52 PM
Those Schleich classics look very cute, I wo der what the history behind them is?

Maybe this information helps a little:

http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/schliechLegacy.html

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. Honestly that line from Schleich. I didn't know it existed until now. Nice addition of figures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 30, 2020, 08:34:45 PM
These original versions are from 1979, they were Schleich's first attempt at prehistoric animals, long before the Replica Saurus line.

Quote from: Faelrin on October 30, 2020, 07:38:22 PM
I agree they are pretty cute. What are they made to represent? The bird in particular intrigues me.

I put a more modern representation of each animal behind them, except for the Scelidosaurus as I only have the Invicta one but despite being older it is still more accurate than the Schleich one.
As you can see the bird is a Gastornis.

Did a review of the latter here:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2011/09/07/diatryma-schleich/

postsaurischian

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 30, 2020, 08:34:45 PM
These original versions are from 1979, they were Schleich's first attempt at prehistoric animals, long before the Replica Saurus line.

I think they're even older. I had them all as a kid and in 1979 I was already 12 years old.
My guess would be a few years earlier. And it was their second attempt after the Minis.

If you want to collect them you're just missing the Ankylosaurus (purple), Mammoth (grey), Plesiosaurus (light blue), Stegosaurus (green) & Triceratops (dark blue).

The "Königsaurier" had always been our Iguanodon as kids :) ... and the "Kammsaurier" was Dimetrodon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 30, 2020, 09:57:25 PM
....... I would definitely get the Proganochelys if I get the chance.

Oh right, I forgot about this one (yellow with a very long neck).

Loon

I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm very excited about these, so I'd like you all to see them. These are two customs I got from avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos.

Firstly, a far more visually interesting paint job for the PNSO Shantungosaurus.

And a base to help my Australovenator "Banjo" stand.

I really appreciate all the work she did, and I love how they look. If you want to see some more pictures, checkout my collection thread by clicking here or on my signature.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new additions, the repainted PNSO shantungosaurus and australoventor "Banjo" with its support base have turned out great.

Primeval12

My school was making custom masks for a promo and anyone could upload anything they want so I chose one of my photographs. it turned out a little discolored but I love this mask now!

Here is the original image.

Creature

Lots of cool stuff in this thread! It was fun catching up.

So life happened, and I got sidetracked a bit by the model horse hobby, and some medical stuff, and my real life dinosaurs bearded dragons. But this is my recent haul:

Masterpiece Models Parasauralophus by M W, on Flickr

Eohippus by M W, on Flickr

Mesohippus by M W, on Flickr

Aaron by M W, on Flickr

Aaron is ridiculously cute, and I'm thinking he may need to live on my desk at work.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Primeval12 @Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 Ingenious that mask and very beautiful to wear in these times of the Covid-19 pandemic

avatar_Creature @Creature My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Indeed the baby tyrannosaurus "Aaron" is an adorable figure.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations. Nice figure, I was tempted to buy it but honestly I prefer to focus on other brands and some figures from other brands and I prefer to wait as long as it takes to buy that figure. I said nice figure.

paintingdinos

avatar_Creature @Creature YES!! Finally, someone else who's crazy enough to take on the Masterpiece Parasauralophus.

Out of curiosity, where did you purchase it? Going by their website, they've discontinued a few of the older models, including the Parasauralophus. I'm sort of hopeful I'll one day be able to track down a casting of the Pentaceratops.

Creature

Thanks Shonisaurus!

Quote from: paintingdinos on November 01, 2020, 04:39:35 PM
avatar_Creature @Creature YES!! Finally, someone else who's crazy enough to take on the Masterpiece Parasauralophus.

Out of curiosity, where did you purchase it? Going by their website, they've discontinued a few of the older models, including the Parasauralophus. I'm sort of hopeful I'll one day be able to track down a casting of the Pentaceratops.

Haha, I may have gotten in way over my head on this one. I'm confident on the painting aspect, but he's a big boy to put together. I was fortunate enough to find this one on eBay.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

paintingdinos

Quote from: Creature on November 01, 2020, 06:00:17 PM

Haha, I may have gotten in way over my head on this one. I'm confident on the painting aspect, but he's a big boy to put together. I was fortunate enough to find this one on eBay.

The front legs were really tricky for me. Because the model is very heavy, and the front legs are so small and attach at an odd angle, I initially had a hard time getting them to affix properly. The body piece being hollow made pinning sort of awkward but ultimately multiple thick copper wires, lots of glue and a good strong epoxy did the trick.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: