News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piltdown 龍

I know Rebor is, shall we say, not particularly favoured, but I thought some people might find these in-hand pics useful :)

The Grab n Go Redhead T. rex.

Close up of head. Unfortunately the detailing on the rest of the body is not as crisp. The brown version preserves more detail; Redhead suffers from a layer of thickly slathered green paint. Notice also the seams; the tail, the legs, and the arms are all attached to the main body, and the joins are not well concealed at all.   :(

Regarding the unusual tenuity in the torso, here is a comparison shot with, erm, a more accurate T. rex. However, when compared to the Terra T. rex, the proportions are not as off. (Terra rex was unwilling to join the photo shoot and kept flopping over.) For whatever reason the torso looks more emaciated on the brown version. Optical illusion I suppose, due to the darker brown of the other version.

By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Bernie Brontosaurus

You can clearly tell that REBOR didn't put as much love or effort into this one as they did with their other products. It's like a McDonald's quarter pounder lol!  :D

Bread

Did Rebor state that this was an accurate Tyrannosaurus? This had potential but it just looks like it is starving. Thank you for the comparison
avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGlueLong!
I am hoping they release the other two color variants. Hopefully they will be better, the one based on the Dinosaur Revolution "documentary" color variant in particular.

Carnoking

avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGlueLong
Thanks for the pics! Where did yours come from?

B @Bernie Brontosaurus
To be fair, it is a relatively cheap figure, especially for the size. I can't say I'm surprised the quality dipped with that in mind.

REBOR's official teaser post advertised this as "1:35 scale scientifically accurate T-rex"

Piltdown 龍

By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

WalkingWithBeasts

Just arrived today, the Itoy Velociraptor head
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33032336159.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.68224c4dStzxGX

Was surprised to see how big it was when I opened it - and how heavy!
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

Bread

Thank you for the info avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking

Congrats on the acquisition avatar_WalkingWithBeasts @WalkingWithBeasts
I have always love the coloration on JP3's Velociraptors, even over the original JP's coloration. Definitely a beautiful piece!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGlueLong My congratulations on your acquisition. That tyrannosaurus Rebor is less big than I thought which may be a favorable option to buy this figure.

avatar_WalkingWithBeasts @WalkingWithBeasts My congratulations, that dilophosaurus bust in my case is far beyond the economic capabilities of most buyers and collectors. I especially like the fine detail of the feathers on the head.

WalkingWithBeasts

Congrats on the acquisition avatar_WalkingWithBeasts @WalkingWithBeasts
I have always love the coloration on JP3's Velociraptors, even over the original JP's coloration. Definitely a beautiful piece!
[/quote]

Thanks, my favourites are the JP3 Raptors so this is an ideal addition to my overflowing plastic collection!
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

Halichoeres

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs that customized Spinosaurus looks incredible
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Eocarcharia

avatar_RaptorRex @RaptorRex Nice ceratopsian!

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs That looks great! Superb work.

These are my 2 latest additions:

ceratopsian

Here's the haul arrived from Everything Dinosaur - just a phone shot on a rotten foggy day:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. Honestly the PNSO tuijiangosaurus looks better physically than it does in photography or promotional or collector's video.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Nice booty my congratulations and I'm happy for me. I have noticed that you have great taste when it comes to choosing your collectible dinosaur preferences.

Bread

Just arrived this morning, PNSO Ankylosaurus! Been waiting for a few of the PNSO figures I had purchased a while ago. The Einiosaurus was about $7 on Amazon, so took advantage of that over the weekend.

SidB

Well done, can't argue with $7 for such a gem and the Ankylosaurus is arguably the best ever made for the mass market, along with its Safari counterpart (depending on what interpretation you prefer).

cooksonia

Yes that Ank skin is super realistic. May have to get myself one

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread I'm so happy for you. My congratulations on your new acquisition.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 07, 2020, 02:08:35 PM
Here's the haul arrived from Everything Dinosaur - just a phone shot on a rotten foggy day:

Very similar to my own BotM selections, only I swapped in the Chasmosaurus for the Triceratops.

avatar_Bread @Bread excellent choices.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian A bit late to this I suppose, sorry, but glad to see all of that arrived safely for you.

avatar_Bread @Bread Great choice of figures. I find it impressive how well those two look together detail wise. Like despite the differences in sculpting style, and perhaps paint application detail, they almost look seamlessly as part of the same line.

I've got something new special thanks to my friend in Guatemala, as a Christmas gift (and partly as thanks for helping him get the SDCC Nedry, etc, and that now that I'm needing to quarantine, can finally ship out to him). He bought me the Mattel Carnotaurus Toro figure. I took a few comparison pics with it.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: