News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bread on January 05, 2021, 03:26:22 AM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres that ornament looks lovely! I am quite interested in how your sister made it out of metal. What an awesome gift!

avatar_Bread @Bread Oh I don't think she made it! It's clear from looking at the inward 'folds' that it's a cast designed to look like folded metal, rather than actually folded metal. While she didn't make the ornament, she did make a variety of delectable baked goods!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp Great haul there. The Sarcosuchus is easily one of my favorites Mattel has done so far. The Amargasaurus, and Majungasaurus are pretty great too. I of course also love the JP raptor set there, even if the raptors are repaints, the color schemes are pretty spot on (for being simplified and cheap takes on them anyways). The banner and addition of Hammond is nice too. Long overdo too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 06, 2021, 04:51:50 PM
Quote from: Bread on January 05, 2021, 03:26:22 AM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres that ornament looks lovely! I am quite interested in how your sister made it out of metal. What an awesome gift!

avatar_Bread @Bread Oh I don't think she made it! It's clear from looking at the inward 'folds' that it's a cast designed to look like folded metal, rather than actually folded metal. While she didn't make the ornament, she did make a variety of delectable baked goods!
Ahhh okay, but still a wonderful gift, both the baked goods and ornament!

Piltdown 龍

PNSO Qianzhousaurus. His nickname is A-shu  ??? , therefore I will call him Sneezy.

His mouth has limited articulation.

"You're ugly for a T. rex", said Sneezy to Wilson.

Replied Wilson, "just be thankful Zhao did not feather us."
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A-Shu would look nicer if he did have some feathers.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Piltdown 龍 @Piltdownlong My congratulations on your Qianzhousaurus from PNSO, he is a super attractor, so I observe he must have stability problems when he carries that bra for his body in the box.

? @Stolpergeist My congratulations on your varied range of animals and dinosaurs of different brands. You have very good taste.

Jose S.M.

? @Stolpergeist  very nice stuff there. Who makes the rhino and hippo?

nvm I saw they are the PNSOS

Piltdown 龍

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus You are correct unfortunately about the stability problems of the Qianzhousaurus, it can no longer stand without support  :-\

ceratopsian

What a shame - but the model does look very front heavy, so I'm not surprised.

Quote from: Piltdownlong on January 07, 2021, 02:42:16 PM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus You are correct unfortunately about the stability problems of the Qianzhousaurus, it can no longer stand without support  :-\

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist My congratulations on your set of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals from Schleich first and foremost and also thank you for sharing that set photo.

avatar_Piltdown 龍 @Piltdownlong I was afraid, thank you for commenting on it because I may not buy this figure although I like it, I am satisfied with the one from the Safari brand.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Duna on December 27, 2020, 08:59:11 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 27, 2020, 07:42:28 PM
It is my dream to acquire the full set of UKRD mini dinosaurs. I have a few of them. Among my first dinosaur figures.
I can help you sending what you are missing, if you wish. I have some spare figures of the first version and I wish to make others happy too.

I may send you a pm, yes.

stoneage

Is this the original Pilty from Dinoworld?  Did you ever use ranchcornetsworkri as your handle.  I had no idea you were still around.  What happened?

Carnoking

Got some new PNSO figures in after the holidays.

Caroline the Corythosaurus is the most recent of the three and I think she's absolutely gorgeous.

One thing that ticked me off was that this was the second 40 dollar PNSO figure to come to me with paint damage. It's not a huge scuff, but on a new figure at that price, I would certainly rather it just not be there. Luckily, I'm somewhat competent with a brush and disguised it fairly well. Still, wish I didn't have to do that at all!

Then I got Audrey who I think is just absolutely gorgeous. And no scuffs!

And last of the PNSO gang is Gavin the Borealopelta. Although I think the paint job is a bit flat, I think it's all around another beaut from their onslaught of offerings which I am now all the more excited to get. There just better not be anymore QC issues ::)

Then shout out to avatar_Loon @Loon for hooking me up with my first BOTM ceratopsian figure, the Psittacosaurus. I think this is an awesome figure, but I'm still not entirely sure the BOTM series is for me. Maybe I'll get a few more down the road before making a decision. Either way, glad I was able to start in on this line.

Then my final recent addition is an infamous little figure that I spied in a lot of other dinos and extant animals I otherwise had no interest in. Still, for what it was, it was a dirt cheap buy, and I figured I could re-home the other figures and hold onto this as trade bait in the future. But then I got the box and this little smilodon cub was so adorable that I think I might need to hang onto him for the time being ;D

Shonisaurus

Nice acquisitions. I'm sorry that your corythosaurus was damaged the paint, fortunately as you say you are somewhat tricky when it comes to disguising that imperfection. My congratulations on all your acquisitions, borealopelta, corythosaurus and lambeosaurus are figures that for me are respectively the best of each dinosaur species made to date.

On the other hand the BoTM psittacosaurus is very interesting. Without a doubt, I am personally interested and I like the BoTM ceraptosid figures far more than their collection of raptors by far.

As for the breeding smilodon, I honestly think it is more beautiful and better finished than the blurry image of a smilodon baby that Papo offers, although it will have to be seen in person.

Dusty Wren

That Smilodon cub is so stinkin' cute, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking. Congrats on that find!

My Machairoceratops finally arrived. Honestly thought it got lost in the mail, so I was very glad to see it turn up today. This is my first PNSO, but I like it so much that there will definitely be more.

I also recently got this little resin Paraceratherium...

...and this Moropus...

...from Mike Eischen on eBay. Beautiful sculpting on both of these figures, but the Paraceratherium is especially nice. You can really feel the weight of the animal in the sculpt, even though the figure is only about three inches long. There's a little bit of flash from the mold to clean up and some minor bubbles to fill, but I'm happy with these casts.

For comparison, here's the Moropus with its CollectA counterpart.

Check out my customs thread!

Dusty Wren

Yeah, the Paraceratherium and Moropus are definitely sturdy enough to stand without bases, so I'm not sure why the Paraceratherium had one. I originally wanted to get Eischen's Mesohippus and the Eohippus, too, but I didn't like the look of the bases on those.
Check out my customs thread!

Piltdown 龍

Quote from: stoneage on January 07, 2021, 10:49:12 PM

Is this the original Pilty from Dinoworld?  Did you ever use ranchcornetsworkri as your handle.  I had no idea you were still around.  What happened?

Hello S @stoneage, yes it's me :) I've never used ranchcornets as my handle though, I used MagicGluelong  ;D Actually I'm still here just advertising my dinos being sold in a local store here in Manila, my collection is down to 7 tyrannosaurs, everything else has been or is being sold off  :-\

Qianzhousaurus stability update: it's doing better today, but I think it's best to keep the support rod all the time in case of accidents.

Piltdown 龍

PNSO Wilson stability notice: it is extremely weighted towards the front, so none of the toes on its left foot are in contact with the table surface, thus all its weight is now bearing down on its right foot. This state of affairs is not expected to last very long, I fully expect that soon the figure will crash to the floor without its support rod  :-X

Then again, for the sake of comparison the REBOR Killer Queens are unable to stand right out of the box.

Sarapaurolophus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Oof, sorry to see these paint problems on Caroline. Now I'm a tad worried myself, I haven't gotten mine yet.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren My congratulations on your new acquisitions, that machairoceratops is without a doubt a must buy for its affordable price. On the other hand, the Collecta moropus is the best that has been made of this unique prehistoric mammal. Finally, those resin paraceratherium and moropus are super interesting and very cool.

On the other hand, I regret what I was afraid of, the Qianzhousaurus and the PNSO tyrannosaurus are very beautiful figures, but the fact that they cannot stand up well and need those additional supports that come with the figure make me regret buying these dinosaur replicas I settle for their Safari counterparts

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: