News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp  Thanks. This actually costed me nearly $100 (including shipping in that cost), when I should have had to only pay about $25 (plus tax), thanks to Target refusing to stock it anymore. I bought it from someone in the UK on ebay. It was a bit more then its price on Smyths (before conversion rates and shipping added in), but nonetheless I don't regret it one bit. It was still much cheaper then having to pay the scalpers selling them for over $100 (usually $150, not including shipping if there is any, which is insanely inflated). I did not want to miss out on this one at all, because it was such as surprise that Mattel even made one considering this was a creature from a film 15 years ago or so, let alone how nice and in scale it is with everything else. Plus it's one more species putting my Mattel Jurassic film species collection closer to completion.

Edit: Of course even though this costed me a pretty penny, when it really should not have, in an ideal situation, but I do feel privileged with the collection I've been able to assemble so far. It kind of makes me feel guilty when I can have as much as I do, just because of distribution being pretty good for me (and shelling out occasionally), when there are those in the world who want this stuff but thanks to how bad the distribution of these things have been in some places, there are people who won't get the chance to have them (unless they pay far more then they were to be sold at). I know life isn't fair and all that, but it does make me sad. At the very least I can do is take images to share them for others who cannot have them.

Second edit: I may as well just edit this post instead of a new one, but I got more today. It's been a while since I last saw these in stores (and ultimately had to pass on them due to lack of money at the time, it was that bad), but now I finally have them. I still had no luck finding a Gallimimus (Legacy or Battle Damage) today. Here's to hoping tomorrow's trip is worthwhile, but if not, well, hopefully it won't be much longer before I find one. I also have a name for my Minmi. I don't usually name my figures, but I can't help but call it Buttered Corn.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ikessauro

I am quite happy with this Favorite haul I got from Brett!  :))

PhilSauria

Nice sets and figures - they look very impressive!, especially that magnificent Baryonyx! I do envy you with these as I was having cash flow issues at the time the offers came up and wasn't able to place any orders. Bummed out as I now see the new Arakis going for predictably insane prices on eBay. Some you win...

Jose S.M.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin nice JW figures, I like that Protoceratops and @Ikessauro those Favorites are beautiful! I got myself these from Safari ltd site

I wanted the Styracosaurus so much that I coudn't wait. I ordered the Citipati because they listed it available by mistake but they refunded me the cost and gave me a $10 discount code  ^-^

Faelrin

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. Those look great together. I really hope Safari Ltd has a Black Friday sale, since I want to get as many of these new ones as I can (depending on what they have in stock then).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 28, 2018, 12:53:45 AM
........  I got myself these from Safari ltd site

They do look good!  I must wait until Everything Dinosaur stocks them later this year.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Here is the main part of my recent haul:

From Brett, I got the Favorite Baryonyx & Neovenator
From Amazon, I got the Battat Pachyrhinosaurus, Amargasaurus and Dacentrurus, and the Feathered Dinos Toob by Safari.
The rest is from eBay. The sauropod in the packet of you can't make it out is the Carnegie Brachiosaurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Jose S.M.

That's a huge and great haul! Lots of beautiful figures.

Shonisaurus

Fantastic figures I congratulate you for your good taste avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx in the choice of prehistoric animals.

CityRaptor

Impressive hauls, everyone!

Mine is a lot less impressive.

"All I want for my services is the right to hunt one of the tyrannosaurs. A male, a buck only."

Jurassic World Mini Action Dino Tyrannosaurus ( male...wouldn't that be a cock instead of a buck? )
Jurassic Park as an audiobook.
A few Jurassic World stickers to color ( Might be useful for decoration )
Triceratops eraser
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

Please, somebody help me! I can't stop buying Jurassic World stuff! :'(

So I came back to my country for a few days, and of course I had to go toy hunting. ::) I remember that I said on one post that I will not get more Jurassic World until Christmas...I underestimated my collector DNA.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congratulations on your Jurassic World lot acquisition.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Libraraptor

So many great acquisitions . As for me, I recently got myself the Bullyland Ammonite,  the tan version,  and I like it very much.

Dinomike

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 28, 2018, 12:53:45 AM
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin nice JW figures, I like that Protoceratops and avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro those Favorites are beautiful! I got myself these from Safari ltd site

I wanted the Styracosaurus so much that I coudn't wait. I ordered the Citipati because they listed it available by mistake but they refunded me the cost and gave me a $10 discount code  ^-^

The new Safari dinos are out? I really like them! Especially the carnotaurus!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

Quote from: MLMjp on October 31, 2018, 02:14:14 PM

So I came back to my country for a few days, and of course I had to go toy hunting. ::) I remember that I said on one post that I will not get more Jurassic World until Christmas...I underestimated my collector DNA.

Great finds! I see they're priced in euros. Do tell, which wonderful European country is selling BD dinosaurs and Zia and Merc humans? ;)

MLMjp

Quote from: Roselaar on November 03, 2018, 05:39:50 PM
Great finds! I see they're priced in euros. Do tell, which wonderful European country is selling BD dinosaurs and Zia and Merc humans? ;)
avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar the country in question is Spain.
However I visited a couple of stores before finding Zia and the Mercenary, I found them in "El Corte Ingles" and they only had those two in one store (And I visited 3 El Corte Inglés). Battle damage figures are sold in toyshops called "Juguettos", but only the regular assortment is available, no minis, no T.rex & Monolophosaurus pack, etc...

El Corte Inglés also sells the Legacy collection, but most of the dinos have been sold out in stores (Including Spinosaurus, which also has dissapeared from the website) until they re-stock them if they do. However you can find lots of Alan Grant & Robert Muldoon figures, and even 2 Ellies per store. Also keep in mind that the city in question is Madrid, which is the capital. I do not know how it is for other Spanish cities.

Roselaar

Quote from: MLMjp on November 03, 2018, 05:59:48 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on November 03, 2018, 05:39:50 PM
avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar the country in question is Spain.
However I visited a couple of stores before finding Zia and the Mercenary, I found them in "El Corte Ingles" and they only had those two in one store (And I visited 3 El Corte Inglés). Battle damage figures are sold in toyshops called "Juguettos", but only the regular assortment is available, no minis, no T.rex & Monolophosaurus pack, etc...

El Corte Inglés also sells the Legacy collection, but most of the dinos have been sold out in stores (Including Spinosaurus, which also has dissapeared from the website) until they re-stock them if they do. However you can find lots of Alan Grant & Robert Muldoon figures, and even 2 Ellies per store. Also keep in mind that the city in question is Madrid, which is the capital. I do not know how it is for other Spanish cities.

Sounds like you have it better than us JP fans in Holland! No BD or Legacy figures here...

Libraraptor

Just found this eyeless Dino Riders Edmontonia on a flea market for 2 Euro.

BrontoScorpio

It looks awesome and also unique in so many ways.

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 04, 2018, 12:08:32 PM

Just found this eyeless Dino Riders Edmontonia on a flea market for 2 Euro.

That's kinda creepy... I love the eyes on the DR figures, even if they're not accurate at all. They're so cute!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: