News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking that Styracosaurus is beautiful. If I had to pick any of the ceratopsians from BOTM, it would for sure be the Styracosaurus. Lovely pickup and I'll for sure be looking out for your review.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus quite a large haul you got there! Congratulations on the pickups. I need to look into CollectA's invertebrates  as I am trying to somewhat branch out into other prehistoric creatures than dinosaurs.

Duna

What a lovely set of purchases, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus   ^-^ I agree with you in all your comments. Wish I had enought place for that Lisowicia.  :'(

Shonisaurus

Thank you all for your words.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Many thanks. Indeed, I always said that he was a superior figure, the lisowicia, but seeing him in person is amazing! It seems like a dream come true

avatar_Bread @Bread Thanks for your words. Without a doubt, the invertebrates of Collecta far surpass other companies such as the invertebrates of Bullyland.

avatar_Duna @Duna Thanks for your words, do not believe the lisowicia is large but honestly more than large it is bulky as a good mammal I do not think it will take up much space if you buy it.

Duna

I received yesterday a very special figure ... just imagine the feeling when you have ONLY ONE figure missing in a collection and finally you find it! And I found it in the most incredible place ... in eBay from UK, I still can't imagine how a Spanish figure ended all the way up there, but I'm so happy to reunite it back here with its mates ...

So this was my holy grail, 1992 Yolanda Jurassic Park/Amblin official pteranodon key ring:

All the 12 figures (some with the ring cut):

Another collection with 6 figures but released without the rings:

As always, I will tell all the curiosities about Yolanda and Jurassic Park in my collection post with more pictures.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. By the way in the last figure an ornithomimid theropod appears. Could you tell me which species it belongs to? It is a very interesting figure considering that orntomimids are poorly treated dinosaurs in the toy market and even in adult collectors (resin figures).

Callophrys

My newest additions, the PNSO Pachyrhinosaurus and Machairoceratops:

Just a quick mobile phone shot; I'll take some proper photos at the weekend.

These took 15 days from ordering to delivery, from Model Toy Centre.

Bread

avatar_Duna @Duna congratulations on the find! I've never seen/heard of these, which makes me realize its that rare. Glad to see you have completed the collection.

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys congratulations on those 2 ceratopsians. Although I am not a fan of PNSO's ceratopsians, they do seem quite nice together and their detail is quite superior to most companies. Glad they arrived as well as the shipping being fast for you.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus yes indeed, I have seen pictures of most of CollectA's invertebrates here on the forum, and they are just so appealing to the eye!

Callophrys

avatar_Bread @Bread thank you! I'm not over keen on any of the other PNSO ceratopsians (don't ask why, it's purely subjective!), but I'm interested to see what they produce in the future.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lovely acquisitions everyone, always nice to see.

I agree with you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus about the Lisowicia. Perfect, and nice little haul
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 10, 2021, 09:04:52 AM
avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. By the way in the last figure an ornithomimid theropod appears. Could you tell me which species it belongs to? It is a very interesting figure considering that orntomimids are poorly treated dinosaurs in the toy market and even in adult collectors (resin figures).
Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus it's a Gallimimus.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna my congratulations on your new vintage acquisitions. Honestly, vintage dinosaurs are much more interesting than many of the current ones. I was a fan of buying Battat dinosaurs, I say "was" because I bought all the vintage figures that I was missing from the collection. I'm glad for you. On the other hand that struthimimus is truly adorable. Thanks for your answer!

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys  My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. I honestly like the machairoceratops more than the PNSO pachyrhinosaurus. That machairoceratops tempts me very, very much.

avatar_Bread @Bread  thank you for your reply. The Collecta invertebrates are honestly highly recommended. I do not regret at all having bought them. I said highly recommended.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  I recommend it to you, the lisowicia is by far the best Collectya figure of this past year 2020. It is better to see it in person than to see it in photography. No wonder he's the best figure in the Prehistoric Times when it comes to prehistoric non-dinosaur animals. Thanks for your words.

Reuben03

Quote from: Duna on February 03, 2021, 10:16:56 PM
I finished today another Spanish vintage collection. This set of dinosaurs were proudly made in Spain in 1989 by YOLANDA. They released this quite chunky collection of "dinosaurs". They are made of heavy rubber and these 6 were promotional articles of a processed meat company called CABO. These were so called Cabosaurios. More information in my collection post.
THAT'S THE NICEST DIMETRODON I'VE EVER SEEN

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Duna

Some weeks ago I bought an outdated Spinosaurus 3D model for 2,40€, printed and glued it myself and tried to customize it with some clay. I painted it yesterday in about one hour. This is how it came ...

The "making of" is in this post: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9323.0

Callophrys

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 11, 2021, 09:08:30 AM

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys  My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. I honestly like the machairoceratops more than the PNSO pachyrhinosaurus. That machairoceratops tempts me very, very much.

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! You won't be disappointed if you get the Machairoceratops, it's a lovely figure!

Callophrys

Quote from: Duna on February 11, 2021, 06:05:43 PM
Some weeks ago I bought an outdated Spinosaurus 3D model for 2,40€, printed and glued it myself and tried to customize it with some clay. I painted it yesterday in about one hour. This is how it came ...

The "making of" is in this post: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9323.0

Wow! Nice job!

Libraraptor

That was a cheap Spinosaurus. You nailed it with that paintjob!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new figure. Honestly with those touches of paint it looks like a top quality spinosaurus.

Shonisaurus

I just bought a new repainted Papo oviraptor as the old one was not standing upright on my shelf.

On the other hand, I bought the last Schleich figure in my Shop of all my life, except for the important pterosaurs of prehistoric life, first wave and it is the kaprosuchus.

The kaprosuchus is much better than I imagined, it is much smaller than Papo's and less bulky than Safari's, otherwise the articulated jaw is quite good and the teeth are correctly sculpted and painted, that is, annoying seams are observed as a result of that articulated jaw.

The cloacal opening is very well sculpted and painted, I honestly like the cloacal openings of the prehistoric animals of Schleich much more than those of Collecta.

The scales are very detailed, the painting is of unparalleled beauty. It is an elegant, detailed and highly recommended figure.

Faelrin

My Paleozoic Pals Nautiloid (Orthoceras), and Gorgonops plushies arrived today, as well as a few extra goodies, including the Ordovician book there.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin those are really cool. I love the orthoceras especially.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: