News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lovely acquisitions here, very nice everyone.
Also colour me impressed that Schleich did decent hands for the Brontosaurus
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

PrimevalRaptor

Quote from: Dusty Wren on March 03, 2021, 04:49:02 PM
That Schleich Brontosaurus looks like he just does not give a crap anymore. You're right, the attitude is kind of charming. I can really relate to this plastic dinosaur.

You know...I think that's a VERY big mood indeed nowadays lmao

And agreed avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi, I do like the bulk it has (without just being a big heap of meat), I think if the nostrils were fixed, this could be Schleichs best Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus.

Shonisaurus

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor My congratulations that brontosaurus is by far the best of its kind from the Schleich brand.

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. Indeed, these PNSO, Safari and Schleich figures are totally essential figures for every collector.

Mellow Stego

My Safari Spinosaurus finally shipped!
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

laticauda

Quote from: Thialfi on March 03, 2021, 03:56:34 PM
Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! I am very happy indeed with this already iconic figure.

I got some more in as well today; I received a gift voucher from a friend which I used to pick up the Safari kaprosuchus (which actually kind of warmed me up for the new Schleich one - I like the Papo one as well, but not sure if I can look past the inaccuracies) and a Schleich postosuchus. I am not really a Schleich person, but there is something about this little weirdo that really appealed to me. And can't pass up the rare chance at a Triassic animal of course.

Ah, and the PNSO lambeosaurus. I promised myself I would focus on non-dinosaurian prehistoric animals from now on, but seeing the enthusiasm surrounding this figure I just had to see it in person. Found a good enough deal and the rest is history. She's a beauty. So elegant! I am smitten.

The PNSO lambeosaurus does look rather sweet.  I might have to pick that up. 

Carnoking

A late birthday gift. Loving this figure, BUT

Oh well, when life gives you lemons....

Honestly, though, I don't mind it. If anything, it makes me more excited for the the upcoming T. rex  >:D

Also got the three new Safari Figures. Love the Daspletosaurus, I think it's everything you could want in a Tyrannosaur figure. (with the possible exception of feather integument)
The baryonyx is also great, but the spinosaurus...well... I could take it or leave it. Most likely leave it.

And am I crazy, or are these things made out of a different material than the past Safari figures?

Concavenator

Congrats to everyone! Really nice pictures, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, great to see more pics of the new Safaris!

Today I got the Papo Gorgosaurus and Megaloceros (yes, another non-dinosaur!!  :o ) from my local shop. This year I'm getting more figures as there's only a few pieces left until I consider my collection "complete" (by my standards). There are only a few selected pieces left.

I said before that if I were to choose between getting the Papo Pentaceratops or the Gorgosaurus I would choose the Penta. Now that I finally own both, my opinion is that both are great (in a Papo way, they're some of the best when it comes to dinosaurs from them imo). Glad to finally have a Gorgosaurus in my collection, it's a genus I've been waiting for quite some time to have a figure of and I also wanted to have an Albertosaurinae tyrannosaurid. I quite like this one (and I also have to thank David Krentz for that  ;) ).

The Megaloceros is majestic. I usually don't care too much for non-dinosaurs, but after I saw a Megaloceros' skull with its gargantuan antlers at the Museum of Natural History from Bordeaux 2 years ago (I was impressed, to say the least), I thought it would be interesting to have a model of it in my collection.

These are all for now.

sauroid

very cool new acquisitions everyone!
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking the BOTM Triceratops is so nice looking, i wont be collecting this brand/line but might pick up this one if ever i get the opportunity.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SidB

Quote from: sauroid on March 05, 2021, 07:35:20 AM
very cool new acquisitions everyone!
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking the BOTM Triceratops is so nice looking, i wont be collecting this brand/line but might pick up this one if ever i get the opportunity.
Not a big fan of articulated dinos, myself, but wow, this one sure has "curb appeal."

Thialfi

Love those, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, congratulations on your new models!

Got this cutie in today, Bullyland procynosuchus!

sauroid

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi the Procynosuchus is a lovely gem, i got mine as a gift from one of the veteran collector members of the DTF and one of my most cherished figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Smilodon P.

Finally, my boi is here:

(Observation: It balances much better off the base)

Comparison Shots with other recent great figure

Taking a picture with a distant relative:

Now, just waiting for my two Dino HazardĀ“s Carcharodontosaurus

Carnoking

Dangit that thing is gorgeous. I really hope they figure out some international distribution!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That Irritator really is a work of art
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

sauroid

that's the best Irritator figure ive ever seen!

Carnoking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Pcb8g2u48
Eofauna trikes have arrived!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Excellent Excellence, glad you have that. And thank you for showing a compar6to another figure, it's good to have a vague idea of size. Looks bigger than the Safari which it should since it's based off a much larger specimen.

Carnoking

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx The safari trike shows up in my unboxing video if you'd like to see the comparison! (shameless plug, I know)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Carnoking on March 06, 2021, 09:55:42 PM
avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx The safari trike shows up in my unboxing video if you'd like to see the comparison! (shameless plug, I know)
that's fine lol, I'll definitely check out your video. Thanks for the heads up

Subduction

I had no idea the dominant Eofauna Triceratops has dark blue in its color scheme. It looked more like a dark brown in the promotional images. It looks fantastic though. I might have to get it myself now! Thank you for sharing photos, Carnoking! :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: