News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abobo

My latest acquisitions :

Acrocanthosaurus "Hercules" by REBOR & Dilophosaurus "Oasis" by REBOR, beautiful figures! :

Faelrin

avatar_Abobo @Abobo Gosh you are lucky to get those. Congrats.

My Troodon and Dimorphodon arrived today (and a Gallimimus for my friend in Guatemala).

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Abobo

thank you
I have to say, I was searching for the Acrocanthosaurus for a very long time
I finally was able to grab one in a store in the Netherlands for a decent price
The Dilophosaurus couple (Oasis & Green Day) is still available in a lot of online stores happily!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Abobo @Abobo My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Honestly, I really like your two figures the acrocanthosaurus and dilophosaurus and I am afraid that in the end both figures of Rebor's dilophosaurus I will end up not having them in my collection although they are very beautiful figures. Nice acquisitions!

Abobo

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 27, 2021, 09:17:57 AM
avatar_Abobo @Abobo My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Honestly, I really like your two figures the acrocanthosaurus and dilophosaurus and I am afraid that in the end both figures of Rebor's dilophosaurus I will end up not having them in my collection although they are very beautiful figures. Nice acquisitions!

thank you for your kind comment, I don't know in what country you live in, but if it can helps you, I bought my dilophosaurus couple at the french online store https://www.la-boutique-du-dinosaure.com/fr/

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Abobo on March 27, 2021, 09:30:24 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 27, 2021, 09:17:57 AM

thank you for your kind comment, I don't know in what country you live in, but if it can helps you, I bought my dilophosaurus couple at the french online store https://www.la-boutique-du-dinosaure.com/fr/

I live in Spain, in my case I know not only about this company but also many others in the EU where they sell these figures, but in my case I prioritize expenses when buying figures and in my case I cannot have all the figures that I'd like. I really like the Rebor dilophosaurus but I prefer to buy figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals little treated in the toy dinosaur collection or whose figures are scarce in my collection. Anyway thanks for your words!

In my case I have to prioritize the time of each day and the money in other things besides the expense of dinosaurs and the visualization of the Internet and the television. From the tyranny and dictatorship of television I have been completely liberated since July 30 of last year, since then I do not watch television and I am totally liberating myself from the dictatorship of the Internet I see little Internet and I visit the DTF in a more spaced way and I only see the Internet Apart from dinosaur themes, useful things such as oppositions pages and to view online stores where I can first compare and buy products such as supermarkets, household cleaning, to give two examples and choose the most economical option (that is, research).

In my case it's not that I can't buy Rebor's dilophosaurus but that I have to prioritize and look a bit for my personal finances. Now I focus on dinosaurs and prehistoric animals unknown in the world of the toy dinosaur or poorly treated from my honest point of view.  :)

sauroid

cool new additions everyone!
just added these two to my PNSO collection...

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Finally some new toys in:

Lynx

Oh my god- this might be one of the best days of my life. Today is my birthday (party) and my mom suprised me with a cake. Sounds pretty casual, right? Wrong. In front of me is none other then the PNSO Microraptor, my favorite dinosaur and company. Saw a Safari LTD package also being dropped off today, so I doubt I have seen the end of it. But my word, this figure is BEAUTIFUL! He is not sitting up at the top of my collection, with all of my other favorite figures. The detail is better then my Winter Wilson and the feathers are all individually sculpted.
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lynx on March 27, 2021, 05:22:38 PM
Oh my god- this might be one of the best days of my life. Today is my birthday (party) and my mom suprised me with a cake. Sounds pretty casual, right? Wrong. In front of me is none other then the PNSO Microraptor, my favorite dinosaur and company. Saw a Safari LTD package also being dropped off today, so I doubt I have seen the end of it. But my word, this figure is BEAUTIFUL! He is not sitting up at the top of my collection, with all of my other favorite figures. The detail is better then my Winter Wilson and the feathers are all individually sculpted.

Hey, happy birthday. What a thoughtful gift :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Happy belated birthday avatar_Lynx @Lynx what great presents you got!
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Duna

I first knew about these figures two years ago, and most of the figures were just a dream to get, so I never started to collect them. But a few months ago I bought in my country a tyrannosaurus in a mint box and a few weeks ago, a pristine iguanodon. I pitifully searched in eBay for more with very little hope (only some Polacanthus, which is my favourite figure by the way, but none of the others) ... never lost my hope until I saw a seller with 8 on sale, and neither of them were the ones I had! It had to be a signal or so ... I asked him for the lot, and the price was nice and affordable for me, most of the figures had a lot of wear and some even the name of the child written on the bellies, but I decided to buy them.

I spent two days carefully restoring them, so they looked as the beauty they were. I'm so happy I could cry. It's my dream come true, I never really thought I could get them all. The Laellynasaura and the Utahraptor are on the way. They appeared in eBay just after I bought the lot. I really think it was my lucky day.

Halichoeres

What a find! Congratulations, enjoy them!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Libraraptor

Just got myself a Dino Riders "Killer Wart Hog" für 20,00 Euros, which ist approx. 24 Dollar or 17 pounds.

Is this price okay? Or did I pay too much?

Reuben03

Quote from: Duna on March 28, 2021, 10:23:01 PM
I first knew about these figures two years ago, and most of the figures were just a dream to get, so I never started to collect them. But a few months ago I bought in my country a tyrannosaurus in a mint box and a few weeks ago, a pristine iguanodon. I pitifully searched in eBay for more with very little hope (only some Polacanthus, which is my favourite figure by the way, but none of the others) ... never lost my hope until I saw a seller with 8 on sale, and neither of them were the ones I had! It had to be a signal or so ... I asked him for the lot, and the price was nice and affordable for me, most of the figures had a lot of wear and some even the name of the child written on the bellies, but I decided to buy them.

I spent two days carefully restoring them, so they looked as the beauty they were. I'm so happy I could cry. It's my dream come true, I never really thought I could get them all. The Laellynasaura and the Utahraptor are on the way. They appeared in eBay just after I bought the lot. I really think it was my lucky day.
just stunning. awesome collection : )

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

sauroid

Duna, that's a great find. i only have four or so of the WWD figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Lynx on March 27, 2021, 05:22:38 PM
Oh god, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday, is their anyway i could make it up to you?

Faelrin

avatar_Lynx @Lynx Hope your birthday was most excellent. Congrats on all the new figures as well.

avatar_Duna @Duna Congrats on tracking all of those down. It sounds like you were really lucky. It's quite impressive to see all of those together too. It really is nice that most got figures and they were mostly close to their screen appearances.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Duna

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 29, 2021, 06:48:53 AM
Just got myself a Dino Riders "Killer Wart Hog" für 20,00 Euros, which ist approx. 24 Dollar or 17 pounds.

Is this price okay? Or did I pay too much?
You are surely very lucky. I've not seen it listed now for less than 70€ in Spanish second hand webpages. It's a very nice figure.

Thank you very much avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin avatar_sauroid @sauroid avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: