News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

Made a rare trip to a convenience store that also sells some toys and electronics cause friends gifted me a Switch recently and I wanted to buy a case for it and while the only new Schleichs they had were only the Pachycephalosaurus and Brontosaurus (weird cause you'd think they'd want to sell the theropods) the JW stuff actually got restocked compared to last time I visited where only a lone Tarbosaurus was sitting there (that got a new home apparently).
Almost went for the Troodon when I spotted this Plesiosaurus.

Really happy I finally got my hands on one given how messed up the distribution with those was, sure there's some flaws but it's a really great toy and I'm a sucker for marine reptiles.
Would love to see more from Mattel (man imagine a Nothosaurus)

Carnoking

Well, it needs some TLC, and I'm going to have to either make or find a base since the original wasn't included, but that's an X-Plus Albertosaurus alright.

Libraraptor

Congrats everyone! Look what arrived today:

Thialfi

Congratulations on all the great new stuff everyone got! Sorry, too much to reply to everyone individually - but really funny you got that entelodont in just now, avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor, I was looking at one on eBay just yesterday! The Dino Riders models and sculpts were pretty good actually, especially for their time.

For me, a humble little beasty that I have wanting for a while now: Bullyland machairodus. It looks a lot better in person than I imagined, really happy to have it!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 01, 2021, 09:51:55 PM
Congrats everyone! Look what arrived today:

He's so ugly I love him!

Good find, and great find to avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

AcroSauroTaurus

Finally got a Beasts of the Mesozoic figure.

I am the Dinosaur King!

DragonRider02

I haven't bought any dinosaur figures recently (time to change that!) but I just got this guy and I think he counts.
I have never watched Beast Wars but this figure was an absolute must-have for me. That T. rex mode is fantastic. And I love the fact his head is clearly based on WWD T.Rex instead of being another JP copy! Though he suffers from too short tail syndrome (like Mattel Theropods) and it makes him front-heavy. And pronated wrists, obviously.

Comparison with more 'realistic' buddies. He's quite big!

Reuben03

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on April 01, 2021, 10:38:13 AM
I'm a sucker for marine reptiles.
Would love to see more from Mattel (man imagine a Nothosaurus)
IMAGINE A-
OMG U GENIUS YES I NEED THIS NOW

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Great aquisition avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 I loved watching Beast Wars. Though I have only watched around half of it.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Carnoking

"They're lethal at 8 months, and I do mean lethal."

I never thought I'd own a piece from Chronicle Collectibles given the often exorbitant price tags, but I guess with the recent news that they're going under shops are looking to liquidate so this piece was going for a fraction of the initial price and I decided now was the time to buy. Honestly, the fact that it has a signed plaque by Crash McCreery makes it worthwhile in my eyes, then you get to the adorable babies to boot (which I've named Lock, Stock, and Barrel). Honestly, I'm happy to part with some old/forgo some upcoming Mattel figures to make room for this awesome piece of JP history realized.

No. 258/300

sauroid

awesome new acquisitions everyone!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fembrogon

A whole lot of goodies arrived at my door today.

I found this bunch for a bargain on Facebook Marketplace. Although the Spino has a broken hand and foot (I'll probably try re-selling it or donating it), the Camara and T. rex are in pretty good shape - but the real prize is the Mammoth, which looks like it's almost new. Awesome!

I found an unexpected treasure trove of Marx figures on Etsy. Some of these are duplicates (as is the Invicta Pteranodon), and the green potbelly rex is obviously broken (another for the resale). I'm pretty sure the grey Ankylo is an MPC, and I'm not totally sure about the grey Para either; but overall this proved to be a delightful haul. I think I have at least one of each for just about all of the Marx figures now, counting a few I have in storage.

The question is: do I have enough yet?  ;D

Thialfi

That's truly amazing avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, beautiful acquisitions, congratulations!

Here I am, sworn not to buy any JW/Mattel stuff anymore, only to cave in the moment the opportunity was pretty much thrown into my lap..

Fembrogon

Ooh, that's quite the big opportunity - literally! Congrats back to you, avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi!

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking - great catch there too, those younglings are quite cute.
Once again, I'm struck by the difference in design between Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. These are much more convincing babies than that froggy Blue design in FK.

Duna

Congratulations avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon ! When you had enough please continue to have a look for me, please ...  ;D I've just started collecting Marx but I don't have your luck ...

These arrived yesterday, the Laellynasaura was the last figure I was missing for the WWD collection (excepting the ornithocheirus, obviously). It has been the most expensive and the smallest at the same time, hehehe.
And another Placerias, so now I have two. They are made in China and both are the same model, but they come from two different sets, that's why they are painted in a different way. The figure is really good, they go along perfectly with the WWD if you paint them with a little brown.

The innevitable ... :D

Faelrin

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor Congrats on finding that. We actually found that around the same time too.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Good find there. Looks in good shape as well.

avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus Easily one of my top favorites from the line (and I love a lot of them really). Congrats.

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 That's the new one right? Looks great, and fits rather nicely alongside many of the other 1/35 (roughly) T. rex figures out there from the looks of it. It does make me nostalgic for my og one way back when the show was still fresh on TV. Thing was an absolute pain to transform though (especially how young I was, but my dad had issues with it too or so he says).

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Lucky find with those. They look excellent. Easily one of the best pieces they've done too. And they are going out of business now? I'll have to dig up info on that since that's the first I've heard of it (but like I'm not super into them either though, way beyond my price budget and all).

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congrats on picking up all those Marx figures, and the Carnegie ones as well (the mammoth still has the tag!). I'll have to show those to my dad. I'm sure they'll make him nostalgic.

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi I take it you are in the UK or Europe? Either way congrats on finding that already. I'm so eager to have that in my collection, right alongside the Brachiosaurus I got back in 2019.

avatar_Duna @Duna Congrats on getting that one as well as the Placerias (or another one), and completing the collection short of that elusive Ornithocheirus. I really ought to track one of those Placerias at some point, as well as that unbranded (I think) Climatius out there I've seen before.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Kapitaenosavrvs

Great new stuff you got there. I do not know why, but i really like these Retrosaurs.

Finally, germany got the new CollectAs and i have to thank avatar_Mironimus @Mironimus for the superfast shipping and packaging. Also, the Package had a tini tiny rubber Apatosaurus/Bronto on board (My guess) :) Thank you, very much.

I knew i would love the Mamenchi, but its the Megalosaurus and mostly the Kamuysaurus, that are absolutely great. They are really tiny but packed with detail. The Kamuysaurus is far better in Terms of Detail and Qualiy over the Fukuisaurus. Way better. Impressive. I aso like the rubbery feel to the Megalosaurus.
CollectA really wants to improve their Figures and does that from Year to year. Wow. And all that at a really low pricetag for the Popular Line.

The guys in the background wanted to remain anonymus, since they live on this Table at the Moment, pardon. :-D

Carnoking

No two ways about it, I love this figure.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs My congratulations, those dinosaur figures from Collecta are out of the ordinary. I especially like the mamenchisaurus (it looks big for a sauropod made by a western brand) and the kamuysaurus.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking On the other hand, the PNSO parasaurolophus is the most beautiful I know to date, those blue eyes make it a super attractive hadrosaurid figure. The sculpture is realistic and scientific and the painting of the figure is just right, neither too conservative nor strident. It is a painted figure with little-known beauty when it comes to toy dinosaur figures. My congratulations. Thank you for sharing those beautiful photos.

DragonRider02

Quote from: Faelrin on April 07, 2021, 11:32:53 PM
avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 That's the new one right? Looks great, and fits rather nicely alongside many of the other 1/35 (roughly) T. rex figures out there from the looks of it. It does make me nostalgic for my og one way back when the show was still fresh on TV. Thing was an absolute pain to transform though (especially how young I was, but my dad had issues with it too or so he says).
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Yeah it's the new Kingdom Leader Class figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: