News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I hope to develop many more photos. One of them will be the paraceratherium. Thank you for your words!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 11, 2021, 09:22:59 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 11, 2021, 08:15:19 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on April 11, 2021, 07:18:00 AM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on April 09, 2021, 10:35:17 PM
Maybe i am wrong, but as far as i know, CollectA are from Hong Kong :)

As far as I know CollectA are from the U.K. :-\ .

Only Anthony Beeson as a consultant. But they're headquartered in Hong Kong. Safari brought a lawsuit against them a few years ago in part for representing themselves as a European brand: https://lrus.wolterskluwer.com/news/antitrust-law-daily/default-judgment-vacated-in-false-advertising-case-against-hong-kong-company/22786/

:o  Oh! Thank you for this info. I didn't know about this lawsuit.
  A British consultant, a German sculptor - there is at least a strong European connection. But what the hey?
  For my tastes Safari was getting carried away a bit here. It clearly shows how much they stand in awe of CollectA as a competitor.
  Brilliant companies like those two should rather join forces in these times.
  But that's just another thing mankind will never understand ....... and probably a subject for another thread :-[ .

Oh! I did not know about the lawsuit aswell. So we both learned something new :-D
I share your thoughs.
And thank you very much for telling avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono.

Wow, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! Congrats on your Aquisition and the first Pictures. It made me really happy to see this yesterday. You are always calm and positive. You are a really important Person in this Forum :-)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Thank you for your words, I am certainly positive, because you have to always be positive in this world. A person is a mirror in which each of your actions is reflected mimetically.

If you are sad, you transmit sadness, if you are happy, you transmit joy and if you are positive you transmit and infect or try to spread your positivity.

On the other hand, thanks Duna, the UKRD protoceratops reached me in record time. Here I pass you some of my somewhat "sloppy" photos and the last one with my "love of my life" the ITOY paraceratherium together with the UKRD protoceratops to compare size. I hope you like it.

On the other hand, I show in my photos parts of the image of my old mobile phone until very recently, as you can see, it is primitive. One of my human characteristics is my sincerity, as you can see, that phone is not lying, it was incapable of taking photos and I could not, nor was I enthusiastic about buying another mobile phone for 100 euros or more. I preferred to spend it on dinosaurs or other necessities regardless of the fact that I have a "war economy" and I only live for collecting but with common sense especially when one already has gray hairs like me.

The one that my cousin has given me has come to me like a glove.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/VMhNkRX

https://i.postimg.cc/DZB1sT2j/5-BA87365-D5-F2-49-D6-B520-974-EFA0-F4296.jpg[/img]

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Duna

I'm so glad the Protoceratops arrived so quickly. By the way, it looks dwarfed next to that magnificent beast ... 

Faelrin

Probably my last post here for the night, and I go to bed soon, but I got quite the haul while out today. Went to three different Targets, etc. Also had an unexpected surprise waiting for me at home.

First up is all the Mattel mini figures (all 10% off) and the Amber Collection Echo (50% off). And the Banjo Kazooie amiibo I found at a Gamestop. Don't mind our cat who has to claim everything of mine the day it arrives, lol.

Now for the real nice surprise waiting for me at home, was all the Takara Tomy figures that came from Japan. I was so stoked to have these arrive. I practically squealed in delight. Major thanks to avatar_brettnj @brettnj and his sources for helping me get these. Everything arrived safe and sound as well. Assembling them was a little challenge, but all good. Note the only thing not on display is the extremely tiny mouse that came with the snake that I really don't want to get lost, so will stay in its bag, and inside the capsule it came in.

And a quick size comparison with some of the new Mattel minis I got today:

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Wonderful displays, and great acquisitions. That Paraceratherium is such a glorious and majestic beast. One I am sadly behind on. Glad to see you have acquired it though. And in regards to one of your previous posts, about living frugal (I think is the term), with one purchase at a time, is a great idea. Something I should do more of (today was not a good day for that huh?) in the future. On the contrary I also like hauls because I don't have to get things for a long time either. My thoughts are a bit of a mixed bag I guess, but perhaps both methods could have their time.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna Thanks to you that beauty came to me, thank you very much. I know that for reasons of space, that iToy paraceratherium is too much for you but without a doubt I recommend it to all lovers of that rare prehistoric mammal in the toy market, although honestly the price and size is prohibitive.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I'm glad you like these photos, the paraceratherium is beautiful and the same can be said about the vintage protoceratops from UKRD, I sincerely recommend it, on the other hand it is true, being austere in buying is generating much greater economic stability than what I had in the life of my parents. I will continue to post many more photos in my personal collection. You can be sure of that. My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. Your photographs and acquisitions are always beautiful.

Roselaar

A few more new JW releases found in Dutch stores:

Never saw Bumpy before in a local store. Unlikely I will again.

Duna

I decided to start on another vintage collection. And the culprit of this has been the Starlux Saltoposuchus. I absolutely fall in love with it. It's the worst most charming retro figure in the world. I fall in love with other Starlux figures, too: the pink megalosaurus, the shantungosaurus, the tyrannosaurus, the iguanodon, the white styracosaurus ... So I decided to hunt for those but the oportunity come and I bought a lot of  from a German seller I've bought other times from.

So I got these and I'm not disappointed: it's my favourite vintage collection by now (along with Marx which I adore, too). The material has surprised me a lot. I thought they were made of quite soft material but it's a very hard totally inflexible plastic that almost bounces when you drop them. A very interesting surprise. I'll post better pictures on other day.

stoneage

Starlux is kind of brittle an will break.  I have an Iguanodon without a tongue.

Libraraptor

I definitely need more Starlux!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh no. Pls stop posting Images of interesting Retrosaurs. I am getting more and more interested in wanting a few. I know where this ends and i cant afford it :-D

Halichoeres

Quote from: Duna on April 14, 2021, 06:23:17 PM
I decided to start on another vintage collection. And the culprit of this has been the Starlux Saltoposuchus. I absolutely fall in love with it. It's the worst most charming retro figure in the world. I fall in love with other Starlux figures, too: the pink megalosaurus, the shantungosaurus, the tyrannosaurus, the iguanodon, the white styracosaurus ... So I decided to hunt for those but the oportunity come and I bought a lot of  from a German seller I've bought other times from.

So I got these and I'm not disappointed: it's my favourite vintage collection by now (along with Marx which I adore, too). The material has surprised me a lot. I thought they were made of quite soft material but it's a very hard totally inflexible plastic that almost bounces when you drop them. A very interesting surprise. I'll post better pictures on other day.

I've seen many broken ones and I gasped a little when I read about bouncing! I love the variety in the Starlux line. So many interesting creatures, some still have never been made by anyone else.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin what an exciting day! And of course I'm always grateful for photos of your cat.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Duna on April 14, 2021, 06:23:17 PM

Lovely purchase, aren't they adorable? :)

For those wanting to get their Starlux on, I recommend the French eBay. Most all figures can be found there by themselves for varying prices, but also the occasional lots of lotsa figures for the completists.
And in rare lucku instances (like mine  ^-^), a complete collection. Saved me a lot of time and effort (and probably even money too).
(Self promotion: I also have some doubles left for sale.)

Faelrin

avatar_Duna @Duna Congrats on obtaining all of those. One of these days I may try to go for some of their mammals like the Synthetoceras, and their early jawless fish Drepanaspis. I love the assortment of animals they made, some still haven't had any figures of since.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thanks. Now I'm just waiting for my haul sent from my friend in Germany to arrive, as it has the Favorite Cambrian Mini set on its way among other things. Finally expanding my Paleozoic (plastic) collection. Still leaves the Colorata set, some Kaiyodo, Favorite, and CollectA to catch up on, and obviously all the Life stuff coming later as well. Glad you like seeing her too.

Leyster

Just received a pack of Vitae (plus the Dino Hazard Irritator). I'll post them in my thread.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Libraraptor

Carnoking

Got the King Rex by REBOR off eBay. In all honesty, it's a pretty ugly model but fun to have in its own way.

Also, follow up on my recent acquisition of the X-Plus Albertosaurus. Managed to put him back together and cobble together a pretty quick base. It's nothing special, but I'm glad to see him standing again. Might add some foliage and what not now that we've at least got him on his own two feet again.

Faelrin

L @Leyster Congrats on getting those, especially the beautiful Irritator.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Very interesting find there. Does that or did that company have more mammals other then this one? First I've heard of them.

Edit: Saw the info you shared in your collection thread. Very interesting. The Eusmilus looks like a Thylacosmilus.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Good to see you got that fixed up. Looks great. Congrats on getting that T. rex as well.

Now I have something very special to show you all today, and it is of ultimate special thanks to avatar_Duna @Duna for helping me obtain this in the first place. See the thread here for more information: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=378.msg286590#msg286590

I think I am very lucky to have this in my collection as well. In my case mine will be staying in the box, hung on my wall, and I will probably get a case for it as well. I am so glad I can share this with you all though.

Edit: In a way this also feels like an early birthday gift, perfect to mark the occasion that I turn 30 this year in another month and a half.

Loon

That's a fantastic get. Congrats avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: