News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Quote from: Crackington on June 14, 2021, 11:32:13 PM
Also, I can't leave this preamble until I thank avatar_Duna @Duna  - you made my day describing Inpros as a holy grail  :)) I thought it was just me and Libraraptor who would even admit to liking them!
;D ;D Oh, you are not alone, they are incredible! Small, hard plastic, vintage, painted, retro sculpt ... they have everything I like!  ^-^

Congrats for that Invicta whale, that's a good catch! Those tethyshadros and the Evolution of Life figures are very good, too. Nice purchases, congrats!

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon please stop putting pictures of the Sinclairs, I'm spending more and more time looking at your pictures and that's no good, I know myself very well! :D
I'm kidding, I love them (more and more!).

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

I am very glad that you have purchased one of the latest PNSO news. You are an extremely lucky person.

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: Faelrin on June 13, 2021, 06:02:54 PM
avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Congrats on all your acquisitions.

Huge haul of stuff courtesy of my friend in Germany (Amber Collection Delta, the two Bullyland Mammals, and the two charming figures that where from his childhood) and avatar_brettnj @brettnj (who helped with the Japanese Mcdonald's Jurassic World eggs, and the Favorite figures, which was forwarded to my friend in Germany). Took over 70 days in transit. Tracking never updated after it was processed at Frankfurt (carrier was DHL and/or Deutsche Post) on April 9th. My friend helped me start an investigation with DHL. Got a letter in the mail the other day from USPS asking if I received it yet. I did not then. Called yesterday (they said it never even arrived to the US) and strangely enough it arrived yesterday? Smh. Box was messed up too but thankfully everything looks intact and accounted for.

I will definitely need to restructure my main display shelf once again with the new haul, despite just doing this the other day.

Congrats on the haul! How are you liking the Cambrian set? I saw that Amazon Japan ships Favorite to Germany, and I'm thinking of getting it. There are not many choices for Cambrian animals, sadly.

SenSx

My Vastatosaurus from Nanmu just arrived today  :D
It is a beauty, I'm impressed by the different shape and positions of the teeth, and yet they are very solid.
If anything, maybe it is lacking that bulk the Rebor figure has, but I still prefer this sculpt.
It is very stable even without the base, that does not have metal rods but it's really not needed.
I would never showcase it without the base anyway, it's one of the best I've ever seen and it is very fitting.
And of course the figure arrived perfecly packed from Lana whithout any damage or paint defect.

Here are a few picks of it unpacked, but it went back into its box quite fast since I don't have the space for it right now.
I need to make a new shelf which will have more fiction dinosaurs like JP and Rebor Alien T-Rex.
I've started my collection a year ago, and it's alwready looking good, but I'll wait for it to be more complete before finally showing it here.

Abobo

Congrats! this V-Rex is superb!
can't wait to see pictures of your collection

Carnoking

Looking forward to getting this figure! I think it'll be fun to have the two REBOR offerings and this one posed together!

SenSx

Quote from: Carnoking on June 16, 2021, 04:48:55 PM
Looking forward to getting this figure! I think it'll be fun to have the two REBOR offerings and this one posed together!

Thanks abobo and Carnoking, I indeed might get the Rebor Ice Blue version to have both V-Rex together if I have enough space.

Faelrin

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor I've been wanting and waiting (and well putting off for other things, sadly) several years now. Since it released honestly. Feels so good to have it now. I'll have to get around to grabbing a pic of all my Cambrian things at some point. Amazing how one of my first posts here was asking what kind of Cambrian period figures might be out there, and how far I've come with my collection at this point. Just the Colorata set, and perhaps a few others left at this point.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_SenSx @SenSx My congratulations, what a luxury to have that figure! honestly that base is extremely artistic and spectacular. I am very happy for you, this fantastic dinosaur has a charm that other figures from other brands do not have.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on your lovely acquisitions,  especially avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego for your namesake
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: Faelrin on June 17, 2021, 01:44:05 AM
avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor I've been wanting and waiting (and well putting off for other things, sadly) several years now. Since it released honestly. Feels so good to have it now. I'll have to get around to grabbing a pic of all my Cambrian things at some point. Amazing how one of my first posts here was asking what kind of Cambrian period figures might be out there, and how far I've come with my collection at this point. Just the Colorata set, and perhaps a few others left at this point.
Then congrats on finally getting the set!  :) I think I'll get it some time in the future. Amazon Japan doesn't ship Colorata to Germany (maybe missing CE certification?), so the Favorite set is pretty much the only choice I have. I'm very fond of Cambrian animals, in particular Opabinia and Hallucigenia, so I'd like models for those at least.

OT: How do I "@" someone's post so I don't have to quote the entire thing? I can't find the option.

Faelrin

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Just type @ before the person's name.  A little thing should pop up for you to select the name, but I don't think that is fully necessary. It should work automatically if the name is correct.

SenSx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 17, 2021, 12:03:17 PM
avatar_SenSx @SenSx My congratulations, what a luxury to have that figure! honestly that base is extremely artistic and spectacular. I am very happy for you, this fantastic dinosaur has a charm that other figures from other brands do not have.

Thanks  Shonisaurus and Gothmog the Baryonyx ! :))
It isn't indeed the most affordable figure  :(
But I really like it, even if it isn't bulky enough compare to the original material from the movie (that Rebor depicted better).
But it gives it a more agile look in my opinion.

sauroid

this showed up at my doorstep today...
it's a beauty
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dusty Wren

Congrats, avatar_sauroid @sauroid! That Allosaurus is definitely on my list to buy this year.

Continuing the PNSO appreciation theme, look who arrived today!

Ordered from Amazon on June 10, so this is much earlier than expected (I'm in the US).

She's absolutely lovely. Yutyrannus is one of my favorite therapods, and I'm so happy to finally have one in my collection. So many great details in this figure, from the textured pads on the feet to the little tuft of feathers on the chin.

She feels sturdy on her feet, too, even though the middle toe of her back foot doesn't touch the ground.
Check out my customs thread!

SidB

Wonderful piece. I know that some were unhappy with the pose, but I like both the difference from other PNSO  theropod positioning and the sense of threat represented by the crouching/ forward leaning aspect.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats avatar_sauroid @sauroid and avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren on your PNSO theropods!

By the way, Dusty, if yiu have the Safari Yutyrannus I'd like to see how they look together?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren Congrats on the Yutyrannus. Looks great.

Dusty Wren

S @SidB, the pose is really great. It's hard to see in the side view, but the torso twists slightly to the right, so it looks like the Yutyrannus is shifting her weight and leaning into a turn. It's dynamic and sells the idea of a moving animal well.

Sorry, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx, I don't have the Safari. The featherless head always bugged me, so I never got around to buying it. I did take a group shot with some other shaggy, brownish therapods though:

Check out my customs thread!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: