News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Picked up a few older JW goodies, many thanks to a friend:

Libraraptor

Could not resist when I saw this one in a shop.

Roselaar

A few lovely JP/W and assorted additions arrived today:

Libraraptor

WalkingWithBeasts

Quote from: Duna on June 14, 2021, 05:47:43 PM
I bought this complete collection recently on eBay, the 1998 Walking with dinosaurs 5 skeletons made for Burger King in their mint packages, along with the cardboard box and two leaflets of the promotion. I opened them, of course, to have a look at the species fact sheets inside that are really nice. The eBay seller has still 2 complete collections on sale, one sold and https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133737621408. Please don't lose the oportunity if you like them, they are over 23 years old and in perfect condition.

I managed to pick up the exact same set on a different listing so maybe I was the one who got the others.
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

WalkingWithBeasts

Can't remember whether I posted this here but yeah, I picked this up a while back...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNLKn07gPe7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Apologies if the image doesn't appear, I could only get the link. I'm still fairly new to this sort of website.
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

Roselaar

Quote from: WalkingWithBeasts on August 06, 2021, 06:08:41 PM
Can't remember whether I posted this here but yeah, I picked this up a while back...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNLKn07gPe7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Apologies if the image doesn't appear, I could only get the link. I'm still fairly new to this sort of website.

Ooh, that is a lovely piece of TV history right there!  :)

Eocarcharia

So, I got these in the mail over a month ago after hearing about PNSO's discontinuation of their minis, and wound up forgetting to post them here. But here they are, better late than never.

I also picked this girl up yesterday now that stores are stocking new JW products. I'm still kinda on the fence about it with that unsightly slider button.

Ikessauro

I still can't believe it, but the collection is now complete!

I posted a review on my YouTube Channel, if anyone is interested, but it is in Portuguese.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9eW-2o7Rk

Roselaar

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 08, 2021, 07:50:18 PM

Awesome! Congrats on that catch!  8)

sauroid

WOW! you were actually able to acquire that elusive Ornithocheirus!  :o
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Duna

Congratulations, avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro That's a very good catch!  :) :)

SidB

Way to go avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro , in finally attaining your goal! it's a classic set.

Faelrin

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Congrats on the find of a lifetime there! Good to see another one has a complete collection of these now as well.

Congrats to other folks here as well with all their interesting acquisitions.

I'm probably like the third person or so to share that I have the Jurassic World Legacy Collection Tyrannosaurus Escape Pack. This will be the subject of my 30th review for the blog. I won't open it up until then. I had this pre-ordered back when it went up live on Target's website in May I think? Just got it yesterday.

I also got these yesterday after visiting this traveling dinosaur thing that came to my area recently. I got a giftbag of stuff with my ticket. I'll have more info and pics on it in a different thread, and I'll be sure to edit this post and add a link to it later. Definitely a few bootlegs in the bunch though, notably of the Papo Pachycephalosaurus, and baby Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus (all retired now I think?), as well as a mini Lego Indominus rex bootleg. I also got a T-shirt which happens to have a silhouette of the Papo standing/squatting T. rex on it, and the poster that came with everything else has a pic of one of the older Schleich Spinosaurus figures on it.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

WalkingWithBeasts

Now that is definitely something to be proud of!

I'm fortunate enough to have all of them except the Ornithocheirus so well done for getting that one too I'm only a tad bit jealous ;)

BrontoScorpio

I posted a review on my YouTube Channel, if anyone is interested, but it is in Portuguese.

I don't speak Portuguese  - But, it's a tradition that when ever someone is able to put his hands on that bbc WWD Toyway 'Ornithocheirus'  - he must tell the complete story of How, when and where ...

sauroid

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 09, 2021, 03:06:17 PM

I don't speak Portuguese  - But, it's a tradition that when ever someone is able to put his hands on that bbc WWD Toyway 'Ornithocheirus'  - he must tell the complete story of How, when and where ...
agree.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ikessauro

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 09, 2021, 03:06:17 PM

Sure thing. My story is not as thrilling as the other forum members who have it I guess. I sure wanna tell you that I found it in a lost chinasaur lot on eBay or some obscure website for 10 pounds, but that is not the case.
Since I heard of its existance back in 2008 on the Old DTF, I started hunting one down frequently, with little hope of finding it, as we all were. Then Vlad sold his on eBay at the time, but the starting price of 500 usd was way out of my reach, back then. After that I kept my weekly searches on eBay with no luck whatsoever, unlike forum members Invicta Hunter, UK who found theirs on cheap lots. I even offered to buy one of the copies Invicta Hunter has, since he has multiples, but understandably he is not looking to sell at the momment. So I kept looking.

Then forum member Doedicurious found his copy on Facebook Marketplace for very cheap and posted about this luck of finding one of the most wanted models just a week after he started collecting, something he was not really looking for. I told him that if he ever wanted to sell his copy in the future, to let me know. I made a fair offer back in december 2020 I guess. Never heard of him since. Then a few weeks ago he contacted me willing to sell it. Simple as that.

I was more than happy to buy his copy, with help from the folks at Everything Dinosaur. Since Doedicurious was reluctant to deal with shipping to Brazil, I asked Sue from ED to help me, offered to pay any fees they might feel the need to charge for their services. Of course, being the awesome people they are, they only charged me for shipping and packing materials.

After that I waited for 11 long anxious days (what's that near the 11 years I have been waiting for it, right?) while the Ornitho migrated back from Europe to his hunting grounds in Brazil  ;D

PS: regarding the video I posted, it's a simple figure review talking about the accuracies and innacuracies of the model, details, paint etc. I did not go into how I got it, because I am way too prolific when talking and the video would be an hour long. I'll do another video to tell the story later.

Duna

That's even a better story than finding it in a flea market, avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Very interesting!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Duna on August 09, 2021, 07:37:29 PM
That's even a better story than finding it in a flea market, avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Very interesting!

Thanks Duna. By the way, forgot to post here. I received the Legacy Spinosaurus from your friend Fernando a few days ago. Thanks to your help I now have it in my collection!  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: