News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You're welcome avatar_Duna @Duna glad someone on here got it. It is indeed a lovely figure.

And congrats everyone on your lovely acquisitions
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Ikessauro

Thanks avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres

Today was a good mail day. Got quite a few items I've been waiting for a while.

Congrats on the book avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, I didn't know about that one before.

Also, congrats to avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus for the Mattel bunch. That Explorer man, what a beauty. Shame Mattel made it Target Exclusive :/

Fembrogon

Another book arrival today - but this time it was a whole set!

I stumbled across a few listings for these books on eBay and was hit with a wave of nostalgia. I remember checking out these books from my library a lot as a kid; in fact, I think it was tis series which first introduced me to the genus Baryonyx. This particular set which I bought appears to be complete, so there are several I'd never seen before. I'm kind of excited to look through them all again, even if they're obviously below my reading level now.

Gwangi

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro, it's nice to see someone else with an appreciation for the Dakin JP toys.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Gwangi on August 14, 2021, 12:33:52 AM
avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro, it's nice to see someone else with an appreciation for the Dakin JP toys.

They are quite interesting, aren't they? With these two I finally completed my set.  ;D

Faelrin

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Great haul there. Some of my favorite Safari figures there, and obviously PNSO stuff is great too, along with some of the other goodies I spotted. I think this is the first time I've seen that Amargasaurus alongside some Safari figures. It's looking a bit smaller then I thought it was (which is what I would prefer from lack of space, if I could afford it anytime soon).

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Great bunch there. I used to love those as a kid. I think the Deinonychus and Spinosaurus (or was it Ouranosaurus?) ones I remember the most. I was also so confused why the Deinonychus looked so similar to the JP raptors as a kid but had a name difference.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

JimoAi

Gwangi

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 14, 2021, 02:36:36 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 14, 2021, 12:33:52 AM

They are quite interesting, aren't they? With these two I finally completed my set.  ;D

They are, and trying to find the Dilophosaurus was one reason I joined this forum in the first place. I've since completed the set too.

Roselaar

Received a second batch of awesome BotM Ceratopsians! They are sooo gorgeous!  ^-^

CityRaptor

Nice haul, although the glow in the dark ones kinda look cheap...despite of course being quality products.

Got myself a certain cute, green baby from an original series airing on a streaming series. No, not Baby Yoda, I mean someone actually cute:

Found her in a store, meaning I paid actual retail price instead of scalper prices for her. Also got her Mini, as well as Mini Brachiosaurus and Mini Ceratosaurus.

Also got this:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Hey avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor is that Spektrum issue worth its price or is it rather  cheap digest in your opinion?

CityRaptor

It's a digest. So if you have all those issues the articles are from, you don't need it. Of course it is much cheaper than buying magazines where only one article may interest you, even if it takes longer till a new one is released. So it is up to you. Here are the themes:
https://www.spektrum.de/inhaltsverzeichnis/herrscher-des-erdmittelalters-spezial-bio-medizin-hirnforschung-3-21/1792691
Oh no

Libraraptor

Thanks for the quick answer!

CityRaptor

Oh no

Gwangi

I agree avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor, Bumpy is much cuter than baby Yoda, but my wife would disagree.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 16, 2021, 09:24:49 PM
It's a digest. So if you have all those issues the articles are from, you don't need it. Of course it is much cheaper than buying magazines where only one article may interest you, even if it takes longer till a new one is released. So it is up to you. Here are the themes:
https://www.spektrum.de/inhaltsverzeichnis/herrscher-des-erdmittelalters-spezial-bio-medizin-hirnforschung-3-21/1792691

Thank you very much!

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 13, 2021, 09:23:17 PM
[...]

[...]

Nice haul there avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro .... but what`s that sauropod in front of the Youtube plaque and what`s that Youtube plaque for (i.e. which is the channel of yours, I assume?!) :)

Ikessauro

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 17, 2021, 03:04:03 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on August 13, 2021, 09:23:17 PM
[...]

[...]

Nice haul there avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro .... but what`s that sauropod in front of the Youtube plaque and what`s that Youtube plaque for (i.e. which is the channel of yours, I assume?!) :)

Thanks avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus That is the plaque for my YouTube Channel indeed. The green sauropod is my first ever finished dino sculpture. I decided to play with some air drying clay and try to make a dinosaur. The result was this, what I intended to be an Austroposeidon.  ;D

Lanthanotus

Nice first try indeed avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro .... also congratulations on your Youtube Channel. To be sure, I do not speak a single word Portuguese, but the number of your amassed videos show a very thorough picture through a lot of brands of figures. Would have never believed, such a niche collection channel would count so many followers :)

Ikessauro

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 17, 2021, 04:30:59 PM
Nice first try indeed avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro .... also congratulations on your Youtube Channel. To be sure, I do not speak a single word Portuguese, but the number of your amassed videos show a very thorough picture through a lot of brands of figures. Would have never believed, such a niche collection channel would count so many followers :)

Neither did I. When I started I would never have believe if someone had told me I could reach over 100k subscribers talking about my collection and Jurassic Park. I guess Brazil is a large country, so that helps.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: