News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eocarcharia

Excellent haul avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar, especially the elusive Scutosaurus and Postosuchus.

Congratulations to you too avatar_Sim @Sim, those all are or look like excellent figures

Roselaar

Quote from: Duna on December 15, 2021, 03:22:50 PM

Wow you are very lucky. The collection is wonderful, have you managed to get them all? I see some are in another language, where do they come from?

Thanks!  ^-^ I'm very happy I managed to acquire these (in my own coun try even!) all together, a bunch of them are quite rare and it would be a real puzzle to find them one by one. Still a few to go, but at least with these fewer original sculpts I still need.
A  bunch of these are Japanese releases. Packaging is the same as for other countries, except they put stickers with Japanese text over the English text. But makes for some lovely variation.  :)

Sim

Thanks avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia!  I forgot to mention the PNSO Tarbosaurus and GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus have replaced my Favorite soft model series 2 Tarbosaurus and my 2016 Safari Carcharodontosaurus.  It's been good to upgrade from those two figures.

Fembrogon

Two more for the Carnegie Collection!

Mosasaurus was a figure I probably would have scoffed at for being old and outdated once upon a time; but holding the model in hand now I kind of love it. It's honestly a well-made figure, and a near-perfect rendition of classical art of the beast. He's a LITTLE guy, though! I don't think I realized how small the figure would be.
Deltadromeus is one I've always wanted, however; I kind of had a soft spot for this mid-sized predator sharing space with the gigantic Carcharodontosaurus and Spinosaurus. I admit I'm behind on the current science for this animal, but it feels good to finally own this model.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Deltadromeus should look more like a Noasaur, but to be fair that's a pretty recent development avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon and congrats on your lovely Carnegie acquisitions

Also good to hear avatar_Sim @Sim that you have acquired some lovely PNSO and GR Toys theropods
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lanthanotus

I love that old style Mosasaurus... unfortunately it is one of the few of the Carnegie Line I do not own (yet). Nice addition :)

Fembrogon

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus, I've seen a few (like this one) going for pretty cheap on eBay recently. You might want to take a look if you haven't already.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on your two new Safari Carnegie acquisitions. The mosasaurus is a retro figure that I am very fond of as it was one of my first prehistoric reptiles that I bought over thirty years ago along with the liopleurodon and the elasmosaurus from Invicta.

The deltradomeus is small but very beautiful considering the context of the time it was made.

Strepsodus

Stunning deal Scorpio! Now all I need to do is find the Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus for the same price  :P.....

Some new arrivals from Aliexpress

Vivid WWD Parksosaurus

It's about 1:25. I feared it was a knockoff until I spotted the WWD 2012 VIVID logo on one of its legs.

Aliexpress (Flormoon?) Hamipterus

It's about 1:6 and it's a pretty good pterosaur, equipped with pycnofibers.

need4swede

Tyrannosaurus - Alpha
By Nanmu

- Swede

Shonisaurus

S @Strepsodus  My congratulations on your new acquisitions. The Hamipterus is a very well finished figure.

avatar_need4swede @need4swede My congratulations, those Nanmu tyrannosaurus are impressive in size and sculptural beauty. I am a witness to it as I have both versions although they are now being overtaken by their later version this year. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Gwangi

I have a fondness for the Carnegie Mosasaurus too avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon. It nails the Burian look. There are very few old Carnegie toys that I display but this is one of them. I have and display the Deltadromeus too. Congrats on getting them both!

Libraraptor

Great new acquisitions, everyone! I just managed to get an original Invicta aquatic creature stand! It was bycatch of three figures which were a snip! I guess I sell the three figures including their Baryonyx.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That pterosaur is quite nice S @Strepsodus good find

Two things from Europe arrived last week
A CollectA Edmontonia from Spain:

A shame, like all Edmontonia figures it has been retired. Also hope when someone does eventually make a new one it is bigger than this but smaller than the Battat, Schleich and AAA figures.

And from I think Germany

Sega Dinosaur King Altirhinus:

I've been told by people on facebook that it is from an anime show. Never mind, its a nice little Altirhinus and I don't think anyone else has made one.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  My congratulations on your Collecta edmontonia, I honestly do not understand why that species of dinosaur is retiring, it must have little success. Yet it is an armored dinosaur comparable in genius to its ankylosaurus counterpart.

On the other hand the altirhinus is a precious and pretty miniature. Thanks for sharing.

Fembrogon

Curiosity got the better of me while browsing Dilophosaur toys on eBay; I started seeing multiple listings for the older Kenner figures, and ended up grabbing a pair for a good price.

Both of them are having trouble standing (I'll have to try de-warping the legs), but I like them. The smaller one is actually nostalgic for me, because I can remember playing with one a lot as a kid. Artistic film license aside, these are pretty good-quality toys of the genus.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Oh I also had the smaller one avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon I may still have it in the attic. Congrats on your aquisitions.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon My congratulations on your two dilophosaurus. Are fabulous.

ceratopsian

My box of Backerkit BotM Ceratopsians arrived from Everything Dinosaur.  Haven't opened the boxes and attached their pesky tails yet!  But they look magnificent.  Sinoceratops and Albertaceratops.  Somehow - don't quite know what happened - my fingers took control and I have ordered the Pentaceratops too.  I dithered on this one at the time of putting in my Backerkit....

Dusty Wren

Congrats, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian! The Albertaceratops is beautiful, I'm still wishing I had added it to my order. I still might pick it up, but these BotM ceratopsians are rapidly taking over all my shelf space.

I got the shipping confirmation for mine yesterday. They should show up today or tomorrow, fingers crossed. 
Check out my customs thread!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: