News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiganotosaurusFan

In Canada, 35 more minutes until the end of this year!
I got myself a W Dragon Giganotosaurus, but don't have it with me(still in China)
Well, happy new year guys!!!
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Die_Maulquappe

Smilodon Fatalis / Populator rain forest version ...Sideshow - Damtoys from ebay
At first I didnĀ“t like the figure when it comes out.
Now in front of me it looks really great. Little customized.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMM6fTmPLO4&t=14s

Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

Shonisaurus

I have been for family reasons and on vacation away from my home and ignoring the DTF rule for older acquisitions, I now congratulate the last members of the DTF who in this thread have acquired figures in recent days,

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  My congratulations on all your BoTM ceratopsid acquisitions, exotic by the way, as most ceratopsids are still very rare in toy dinosaur collectibles.

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos  Congratulations on your latest BoTM purchase. Those figures are very detailed.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on all your new PNSO acquisitions, I know from my own experience the quality of the PNSO tuojiangosaurus so I assume the machairoceratops and pinacosaurus will be just as exciting to acquire.

avatar_Delisaurus Steven @Delisaurus Steven  My congratulations on all your various acquisitions.

avatar_Abobo @Abobo  Nice collection of new figures. It is very smart on your part to collect by families of a brand, that is, in your case to buy the PNSO set of lambeosaurine hadrosaurids. My congratulations.

avatar_need4swede @need4swede  My congratulations on your new acquisition, in this case that tyrannosaurus for your son.

avatar_ZoPteryx @ZoPteryx  My congratulations, you are lucky to collect PNSO prehistoric marine animal figurines and books on dinosaurs and their prehistoric world.

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor  My congratulations on all your acquisitions, the vast majority of invertebrates and the book.

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor  My congratulations on your newest addition to JP this year.

avatar_MesozoicJohn @MesozoicJohn  A nice addition to your collection, that yutyrannus rivals its Safari counterpart in loveliness. My congratulations.

avatar_GiganotosaurusFan @GiganotosaurusFan  My congratulations. That giganotosaurus from W-Dragon is very cool and its base is very beautiful. I'm glad for you.

avatar_Die_Maulquappe @Die_Maulquappe  My congratulations, what you have are bigger words, that is to say, a quality figure out of the ordinary, that is to say a resin figure, the best material to work with dinosaur figures and in this case prehistoric animals like that smilodon from Sideshow -Damtoys. A picture is worth a thousand words and the same can be said of the video. The high quality of figures is high quality, period. Resin and polyresin is a very noble material and at the same time quite expensive, but it adds quality and detail to the figures.

Eocarcharia

My compliments to all on their hauls, from the holidays or otherwise!

Here's mine, one Christmas present and one not:

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your two new acquisitions, JP's stegosaurus looks huge. On the other hand, that Jurassic World Evolution video in Blue-Ray format must be a beauty, better than the classic videos. From what I've been told, Blue-Ray movies are much better than video movies.

DragonRider02

I am a bit late with sharing this, but I got the PNSO Miragaia for Christmas. Really beautiful figure.

Also, since the 2021 just ended few days ago, I decided to make a '2021 summary' and take group photo of all dinos I bought that year. Not many figures, only 16, but I focused more on collecting Transformers (which I bought almost 40 of!). I will try to switch it around in 2022 and get more dinos than TF's. Also I didn't realise it until I started gathering all the figures for the photo, that I only bought figures from two brands-CollectA and PNSO (With exception of just two models, Eofauna Trike and DH Irritator)!
If I had to choose 'figure of the year' I would have a problem with deciding. Just too many amazing things came out in 2021 to choose! Maybe the CollectA Pteranodon and Dino Hazard Irritator?
But if I had to pick the worst figure I bought, I wouldn't have a problem: CollectA Allosaurus. It has sloppy paint in few places, has trouble standing despite those UGLY oversized feet and the placement of the CE logo on the front of the animal, where it can be seen at pretty much every angle, almost ruins it. The fact that I received it the same day as PNSO Yutyrannus (which I consider one of the best theropod figures I own) didn't help at all. It just made that Allo feel even more sad and unremarkable.  :P

Libraraptor

Great hauls, everybody! As for me, I have been unleashing my nostalgia again. :))

Five super cool Sinclair figures from the sixties!

Fembrogon

That's a nice summary shot, avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02; despite circumstances, the past year has still been a boon for collecting.

Nice find, avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor! Those are all bona-fide vintage? I know those don't come easily nowadays, due to how fragile they become over time.

Libraraptor

Yeah, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, to me they look and feel like the real thing. They are always being described as waxy, and that is what they are. Also, one little tail tip broke off.

Libraraptor

They came with some stickers by the way which seem to be younger.

CityRaptor

Yep, the stickers are younger.  Stickers and metal signs with the logos of oil companies are quite common and are produced to this day. Which reminds me that I still need to hang up my second Sinclair metal sign.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02  My congratulations, that PNSO Miragaia has some very striking, colorful and extremely attractive picks. He is a very attractive figure.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor  My congratulations on your new Sinclair figures. Sincerely, vintage figures are even more prized figures among us veteran collectors. Even the stickers are like a precious metal, at least in my case.

Faelrin

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Congrats on getting your hands on those. Those are some really cool vintage figures for sure.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Libraraptor

Thanks avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin and avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus!

Today Starlux Cephalaspis arrived with their friends, two Diplocaulus:

Thank you so much, avatar_Duna @Duna!

Duna

You're welcome avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor  :) Those are among my most favourite figures of Starlux.

Congrats avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon for those Sinclair Mold-A-rama, they are remarkable part of dinosaur collecting history.

Fantastic Kentrosaurus avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia I really like Mattel's stegosaurids. Very impressive.

And congrats avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 too for the Miragaia, it's one of my favourite of the smaller PNSO. It displays wonderfully.

Carnoking

First acquisitions of the new year, it's Nanmu's Baryonyx duo, Santiago and Calypso. I don't know how Nanmu did it, but somehow they managed to make some appealing models from those rough designs.

Really like the different scenes you can create with a base. You can have a serene scene with a brooding bary, or something where a nesting specimen has been startled and has shot to its feet to defend its nest.

And of course, they do look quite charming together, although an articulated jaw (at least on Santiago) would have been appreciated so that its energy could match the reclining model if you so desire.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Duna on January 06, 2022, 09:53:44 PM
You're welcome avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor  :) Those are among my most favourite figures of Starlux.

Congrats avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon for those Sinclair Mold-A-rama, they are remarkable part of dinosaur collecting history.
Don't give me credit; that was avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor's acquisition.  ;)

Fembrogon

Surprise box day! I wasn't expecting this package until the weekend.

I think I can still vaguely remember looking upon the Carnegie Apatosaurus (and Diplodocus) in awe at museum shops - such a big and fancy-looking dinosaur toy! These days the Apatosaurus might seem more quaint in detail or less incredible in size, due to all the new competitors out there; but now that I have it in hand, it's still an impressive hunk of plastic!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor  How lucky you were when Duna got you those two diplocaulus. the Starlux brand is from a prestigious company. I am happy for your purchase.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  My congratulations PNSO dinosaurs are big words is an outstanding luxury company when it comes to making figurs. I'm glad for you.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon My congratulations on your new apatosaurus figure, I got it in 1994.

Shonisaurus

(Deleted)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: