News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

That's a great-looking assortment! Edaphosaurus certainly deserve more figures.

Primeval12

What does the Primeval parasite represent?

Strepsodus

In the episode that it appeared in, Nick Cutter Identified it as a Cestoid (same order as tapeworms) and they evolved around 270 mya (or Mid Permian), and although they probably didn't look like this, it's still a nice member of my Permian era. The other animals better watch out, we know what happened to Tom.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations for the edaphosaurus, I agree that there should be more love on the part of companies for this curious herbivorous pelycosaur from the Carboniferous, a magnificent figure anyway, the one you have acquired from Collecta, it makes up for all the deficiencies that exist today for lack of production of toy dinosaur companies in relation to that figure.

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

My congratulations beautiful additions of tyrannosauroids, the ones from PNSO the one I like the most is the qianzhosaurus.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on your valentine's gifts, lovely Tyrannosauroids, though I hate the teeth on Pinocchio rex.

I bought a few things of ebay over a week ago, and finally posting here:

Favorite Co Pteranodon for scale purposes, Favorite Co Plesiosaurus, as it turns out without Invicta, I didn't have one in my collection and had to rectify it. Favorite Co Ankylosaurus to use as Scolosaurus. Safari Iguanodon (and I'm 80% version it is the exact same one I sold that I bought back), because I plan to get the PNSO Iguanodon but still want an Iguanodon with a 'normal' Iguanodon skull, and decided for space reasons to have this rather than the CollectA. Panini Camptosaurus because I always buy at least 2 things at once from that guy and the Smilodon had already been sold.

The ebay shop (or person) I bought the Favotite Co from also included prehistoric animal postcards

You may notice an extant animal in the first image I bought of someone in a group, please ignore it for the purposes of this forum.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, as I have already indicated in your thread for all your new acquisitions, Favorite's dinosaurs are exceptional, they are very detailed figures, it is a pity that Favorite does not have such an extensive production today as PNSO has.

HappyHen

You mention how you like the Papo Megalodon better than the Safari Ltd. Megalodon.  We agree.  Check out our Megalodon Buying Guide where we compare many of these Megalodons side by side to help folks decide which Megalodon the like best.  https://www.happyhentoys.com/megalodon-shark-toy-reviews.html 

We are still developing this format so if you have any recommendations as to how we can make better - let us know!  Thanks

Dusty Wren

avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen, the buying guides are a neat idea. I really like the photo at the top of the alligator review, where you lined up all the gators next to each other--makes it easier to compare them. I find those kinds of side-by-side photos really helpful when I'm trying to decide which version of a species to buy. 
Check out my customs thread!

Strepsodus

My latest Dejankin's batch features prehistoric mammals.

Safari Daeodon
1:25

Collecta Doedicurus
1:20

Shonisaurus

S @Strepsodus My congratulations, I even like the Safari entelodon better than the Collecta one, the paint touches are nicer than its Collecta counterpart, from your point of view and it is very well proportioned. As far as the Collecta doedicurus is concerned, it is the best thing that has been done.

HappyHen

Quote from: Dusty Wren on February 22, 2022, 07:52:02 PM
avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen, the buying guides are a neat idea. I really like the photo at the top of the alligator review, where you lined up all the gators next to each other--makes it easier to compare them. I find those kinds of side-by-side photos really helpful when I'm trying to decide which version of a species to buy.

Dusty - Thank you for the feedback.  Yes we are going to try to do those side by side for all the guides.  We also are going to post more actual pictures of each dinosaur on each of the dinosaur pages - we had a camera problem so we have been on hold for a little bit but are getting back to it.  Thanks again for the feedback - much appreciated - HHT.

bmathison1972

nice to see avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen (HappyHenToys) here! You are my go-to for purchases in the US :)

PrimevalRaptor

I have been mulling a lot about this one since it's quite rough around the edges (I still think the limb positioning is the biggest offender, the blunt teeth are iffy but it is a toy in the end, even if other companies manage that better) but I finally decided to get Schleich's new Nothosaurus. I'm still hoping for Safari or CollectA to release their take on this species since it's one of my favorites but I am always glad to see more Triassic animals represented.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisition. That nothosaurus within what it fits is much better than expected. Schleich has improved a lot and this year has not been the exception. I also expect versions from other companies like Safari or Collecta and because I'm going to cheat myself, I'd also like PNSO to make a high-quality one. That nothosaurus from Schleich is a good and decent figure.

PNSO made a magnificent atopodentatus and I expect a nothosaurur at least equal to or better than that prehistoric reptile.

SidB

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on February 24, 2022, 03:19:05 PM
I have been mulling a lot about this one since it's quite rough around the edges (I still think the limb positioning is the biggest offender, the blunt teeth are iffy but it is a toy in the end, even if other companies manage that better) but I finally decided to get Schleich's new Nothosaurus. I'm still hoping for Safari or CollectA to release their take on this species since it's one of my favorites but I am always glad to see more Triassic animals represented.

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor , I wouldn't want to be responsible for you gashing yourself or losing a digit, but if you are patient and careful, with an exacto-knife and appropriate file, you could transform those teeth into something quite okay. I did this with the otherwise fine Schleich Spinosaurus (quadrupedal edition) and the result was satisfying.

paintingdinos

Brolyss4's new Hesperosaurus kit arrived today, and it looks amazing. My pictures don't do it justice- its a wonderfully detailed, beautiful little model from a talented artist.

Link to his thread where you can order it:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10058.0

PrimevalRaptor

S @SidB That's true! I do have the patience (did build some model kits in the past) though I'd rather be afraid of butchering the model at worst so for now it'll have to live with it's placodont/Bullyland biters 

Fembrogon

The GR Quetzalcoatlus has landed!

It's a very nice package, all in all. The box is nice, and the insert includes a skeletal diagram on the back. The unpainted figure's jaw requires minimal assembly; regrettably, the painted version's jaw is already having problems. Otherwise, however, the model is looking great!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: