News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 06, 2022, 08:05:34 PM
Mine is pretty firm; I'd say it's about as rigid as the other Carnegie figures I currently have, if not even more so at the extremities than my classic Apatosaurus and Diplodocus. Perhaps the PVC quality was adjusted over the years?
Interesting. Maybe yeah. The legs of mine are flexible to the point where it almost keeps it from being able to stand on its feet properly - I'm pretty sure it's not a knockoff, it got the stamp and everything. Pretty weird to say the least  :D

PrimevalRaptor

Was just shopping for some model colors and stumbled upon a pretty nice surprise, the Mattel Shringasaurus!
They did have the Tanystropheus too but I already got the excellent Carnegie one so I passed on it for now. Definitely very happy to see more Triassic critters in toy form though, inaccuracies aside it's really cool especially for a non-museum line imo

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisition that shringasaurus makes a good couple with its Safari counterpart. Mattel does very good work.

Fembrogon

Some new plush toys arrived for me from Amazon yesterday. I've been eyeballing the Wild Republic giant squid for a while and I noticed it went down in price. While I was adding it to my cart, I stumbled across an adorable tardigrade plush, as well as a Japanese-brand (TST Advance?) Anomalocaris which was also on sale. I couldn't resist.

Here's another shot of the Anomalocaris. It's a very stylized take, but it's small and cute and still very recognizable.

BlueKrono

I love the tardigrade. I did my college thesis on them, and have a tattoo of two of them. Might have to hunt this one down.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

TooOldForDinosaurs

They are very cute indeed.

PrimevalRaptor

Did cave in and returned to grab the Mattel Tanystropheus, of course the Carnegie still reigns supreme but in the end I do want to support Triassic representation in the toy market, especially in a non-museum line, props to Mattel for that. Also I do gotta say I really like it's color scheme.

need4swede

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 13, 2022, 10:26:44 PM

Those look great - might get the squid for my boy. Thanks for sharing!
- Swede

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Those plushes are adorable, and honestly some of the best paleo products ever made. This is something that more could be done with.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Papi-Anon

My local target had the Mattel Super Colossal Giganotosaurus. I had enough digital gift cards from Bing to get it without paying a cent. A happy camper I am.

Compared to Indominus, Giga is stockier but slightly smaller. But far better balanced than Indominus is. Love the sculpt on this, inaccuracies be damned (it's the JP franchise, so I don't mind)

Size comparison with a 20 fl.oz. bottle

Compared to the Mattel 'Attack Pack' Troodon
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Mellow Stego

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon nice haul!
This just reminded me I recently got a plush Tullimonstrum (Tullys monster)
I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

need4swede

These are long overdue...

King T-Rex & Fallen Queen
by Rebor

'Chuanzi', the Tarbosaurus
by PNSO

'Luxiong', the Zhuchengtyrannus
by PNSO

'Wilson', the Tyrannosaurus Rex
by PNSO

- Swede

SidB

Very impressive photos of a formidable set of acquisitions,  avatar_need4swede @need4swede . Even though the techniques brought to bear on the two later PNSO tyrannosaurids are superior to Wilson 3, still, the latter is very much a worthwhile item. I have all three and the Rebor is a very nice rep of the JP approach to the King. Congrats.

need4swede

Quote from: SidB on April 17, 2022, 10:36:41 PM
Very impressive photos of a formidable set of acquisitions,  avatar_need4swede @need4swede . Even though the techniques brought to bear on the two later PNSO tyrannosaurids are superior to Wilson 3, still, the latter is very much a worthwhile item. I have all three and the Rebor is a very nice rep of the JP approach to the King. Congrats.

Thank you, S @SidB

Wilson is my favorite out of the three - but I ran out of charge in my lighting equipment before I was satisfied with a shot, so I'll probably go back and take more photos of ol' Will when I get the chance.

Regarding the Rebor, I love figures that tell stories, and there's an interesting (albeit sad) tale present in that piece. I really love it for that reason.
- Swede

CityRaptor

Well, first of all, here is some stuff overly eager relatives can get you:

It's photographed from both sites, with the picture being a composite.

I got myself the Mattel Camp Cretaceous Gallimimus, you know the one with the maquetter/Kenner colors and one of those Captivz slime eggs:

Another thing it reminds me of is one of those old Jurassic Park stickers I have in a small box:

The figure in the egg turned out to be "Charlie", here in size comparism to Mattel's Mini Blue:

Paint is nicer, expect for that really distracting silver Jurassic World symbol on the chest, but of course it is also more expensive. ( Mattel Mini is 2.99 to 3.50 Euros while a Captivz costs between 5.99 and 12.99 Euros, not counting third party sellers )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 18, 2022, 04:30:07 PM
avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor What is in the top photo?

Paper handkerchieves....which are exactly the kind of merchandise I avoid.  I don't even use normal paper handkerchieves.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

avatar_need4swede @need4swede  My congratulations on your new acquisitions, these tyrannosaurus from Rebor and PNSO are very good. Above all, I really like the zhuchentyrannus from PNSO, for me it is the best of all.

CityRaptor my congratulations for all your acquisitions many related to the world of Mattel JW and JP.

PrimevalRaptor

Usually Germany is months behind on JW toys so imagine my surprise to actually have found Dominion stuff in the wild today!
I usually only pick up the smaller toys but I HAD to make an exception for the Quetzalcoatlus, the design is probably my favorite in the JW franchise and azhdarchid models are always very welcome!

Carnoking

Still haven't found a single Dominion toy yet, but glass half full, this beaut showed up today! What a glorious Torosaurus!

Spoiler

I'm seriously in love with this thing. I mean, just look at that frill!

And the baby is just adorable.

Plus, they pair perfectly with some of PNSO's other figures.

I definitely appreciated their Triceratops but this Torosaurus outdoes it by a mile.

There's a nice group shot of all the Ceratopsians PNSO has made in recent years. Here's hoping some of the artwork that came with this Torosaurus is a tease for things to come. (Protoceratops, Psittacosaurus, Kosmoceratops, Chasmosaurus, and Spiclypeus among others!)
[close]

Also got a decent copy of the Carnegie Camarasaurus and another original Battat Acrocanthosaurus earlier this week.

My old copy of this figure was begrudgingly sold a while back to make space and funds but I'm glad to have it again!

I can never say no to Battats when I find them cheap!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: