News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 27, 2022, 11:44:49 PM
Quote from: Duck on November 27, 2022, 11:34:16 PMAnddd it looks like my embed failed again

I recommend you use this link when posting images. I use Imgur for image hosting, but I think most hosting websites offer this option

Perfect! Thank you so much
He who dwells in pond

Stegotyranno420

Congratulations avatar_Duck @Duck
The Acrocanthosaurus is PNSO's best figure in my view, and you have made a great choice getting it

Pliosaurking

Picked up this little fella at Walmart. Man every single one I've went to in the past month have these. It's a nice figure I must say, well done Mattel.

Carnoking

Ranger 2.0 from Nanmu came in just yesterday. Pretty handsome pair if I do say so myself.

SidB

Fembrogon

One more haul from AliExpress arrived yesterday - finally bit the bullet on a couple more Vitae figures and sweetened it up with more PNSO minis.

*EDIT*

And another box just now, from Creative Beast Studios!

I've been very bad this "Black Friday season", I just couldn't resist all the sales and discounts. I've finally added some standard BotM ceratopsians to my collection, although I think I'll wait a day or two before unpacking them; I need to shuffle my current items on display first, I'm running out of room!

SidB

I had three CollectA figures arrive in the mail last week from Dejankins and they've quickly found their places in my display areas.

First, the bizarre Estmmenosuchus,  which I've placed with part of my small collection of Permian synapsids, specifically the Safari Inostrancevia and Schleich Dinogorgon, who are sizing him up. Good luck, I'd say. The small display case is adjacent to another housing my Safari Dimetrodon and another CollectA, their excellent Edaphosaurus:

Then, the next piece that I'd targeted was CollectA's Manenchisaurus, listed at 1/100 (strange assertion), but actually fitting in quite nicely near the two different PNSO  Mamenchisaurs (M. constructus and M. hochuanensis), at closer to 1/35:

Finally, the sleeper was the Edmontosaurus, which I tossed into the order at the last moment, based on my interest being caught by the DTB review. Not disappointed, it's an impressive figure and will 'flesh' out my hadrosaur collect. The green coloration is a bit controversial, I may paint it out at some point, but it'll stay for now. I really like how the reddish earth tones blend well with the clay pots and Sedona rocks from my recent trip to Arizona. It's sitting on the edge of my Cactus garden prior to being placed strategically within the plants and rocks:

SidB

The other Permian display mentioned above:

SidB

Probably my last two acquisitions of the year, which just came in from Dan's. The comparisons with the accompanying figures are noteworthy, IMO. First the Safari Cryolophosaurus, Doug Watson's work, over against the classic Carnegie by Forest Rogers. A different scale, and finished very differently:

And some comparisons with other Safari theropods -

An oldie thrown into the mix, Safari's Utahraptor:

PrimevalRaptor

Those are some really nice displays!
And the new Cryo is really nice, I am still very fond of the Carnegie one but the updated look is great.

Meanwhile I did not expect to pick up Mattel's Therizinosaurus (got the Schleich one as my resident movie monster lol) but a store had them on sale for like 50% off and it IS very fun to play around with.

Carnoking

Got this book from Amazon and I couldn't be happier with it!

Also took advantage of Safari's Black Friday sale and got their new Cryo. Easily my favorite of theirs this year. Also added the Diabloceratops to hit the minimum order requirement. I used to have this one but parted with it some years back and had come to regret it!

Dusty Wren

Just got in an order from avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen, and it included this pair of prehistoric tanks.

Two very different groups of animals that decided armor and club tails were the way to go. I'm very happy to have both of them.
Check out my customs thread!

SidB

That's two good choices avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren .

Carnoking

Two good hauls today!

Spoiler

The small 1/18th scale species are a lot of fun, though I think I like the Ceratopsians a bit more (no surprise there)

The Fan's Choice Medusaceratops is pretty great too. I think it's safe to say I prefer this paint job.

Group shot. Nice to have these little guys in scale with the rest of the line!

Told myself I would be pumping the breaks on these Jurassic World toys now that the franchise has concluded and the line has been on the decline as of late. But my resolve just falls apart the second I see a new toy on the shelves! In all honesty, these ones are pretty good, and the Kronosaurus is top tier for this price range!

[close]

Roselaar

Those are some gorgeous acquisitions, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking !!  8)

Can't wait to get my hands on the new JW stuff, they look rather beautiful.

DragonRider02

I got PNSO Olorotitan during Black Friday Aliexpress sale-the only non-mini PNSO figure I was able to get this year. I love the unique pose. And I really wanted Olorotitan figure after watching Prechistoric Planet.

Faelrin

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 It was great they made that before that show aired. I wonder if the show helped boost their sales of it?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Roselaar

Christmas came early for me in the shape of another big box from the UK filled with JW goodies!  ^-^

Fembrogon

WOW, that is one ginormous haul! That should keep you busy for a while!

SidB

Yes, 'big' is no exaggeration!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: