News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

It has serious nostalgia appeal, doesn't it?

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 01, 2023, 07:36:50 AMI like that old school Iguanodon!

CityRaptor

Who made that Iguanodon?

My newest addition.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 02, 2023, 11:57:38 AMWho made that Iguanodon?

Congrats on that! It's from an eBay/ etsy shop called ,,Relics of Gaia". Heres their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/relicsofgaia/
They do small, simple but beautiful and affordable resin models. I'm pretty sure that the Crystal Palace Iguanodon is sold out though. But it's still worth checking them out :)
Heres a Scutosaurus they are selling currently: https://www.ebay.ch/itm/363880497647?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=5222-175126-2357-0&ssspo=inNLp5oHTM-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=KQey5whTQ-i&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

SidB

PrimevalRaptor

At this point the Nothosaurus is like my white whale but hey, finally some of the new models are here...well at least I saw this one and the Elaphrosaurus in a supermarket of all places.
This Austroraptor is severely underfeathered and suffers from pronated (too large) arms but hey, it has lips and is one of the few (or the only?) toy of this genus and I like it's coloration a lot.

Flaffy

I'm still debating getting the new wave of small figures... Saw them in Smyths multiple times but couldn't justify paying £14.99 ($18.66) for them.

Part of me is hoping for an HC Nothosaurus. But realistically it'll probably take Mattel a decade to get to something like that.

Austroraptor and Elaphrosaurus are unique species on the market, so might be worth getting as well?

ceratopsian

A few weeks ago my Safari Zuul arrived, custom painted and based by Martin Garratt.  More photos and details in my collection thread.

SidB

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian , this truly brings out the inherent potential of an excellent figure and allows it to actualize that possibility that was rather hidden under the econo-paintwork. Superb! Again it's neat to see you use nature's own diorama as the setting.

CityRaptor

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on April 06, 2023, 04:14:49 PMAt this point the Nothosaurus is like my white whale but hey, finally some of the new models are here...well at least I saw this one and the Elaphrosaurus in a supermarket of all places.

Found at Rossmann? Saw one there, too. Also two Elaphrosaurus.

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on April 02, 2023, 09:02:23 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on April 02, 2023, 11:57:38 AMWho made that Iguanodon?

Congrats on that! It's from an eBay/ etsy shop called ,,Relics of Gaia". Heres their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/relicsofgaia/

Thanks!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SidB

This week's arrival was the Haolonggood Ouranosaurus, green version. It sure is a beauty: exquisite deatail, terrific paint application - a worthy successor to the venerable Battat figure of he 1990's. Yes, it's been that long since we've had a premier quality figure of this genus. Sadly, there's a fly in the ointment, as you are all aware by this time, no doubt - the front feet: no thumb claw and a hadrosaur-like hoof rather than the more basal digits that Ouranosaurus possesses, or so I understand. 

This picture shows a close up of the issues at stake: the lack of a thumb claw is clearly seen on the front left foot and both front feet are hooved, which I understand is incorrect. A shame, otherwise this is a superlative sculpt for a very modest price. I'm weighing adding a thumb claw to each front foot:  a thin wire core and milliput around it, then painted.

In the meantime, here's our subject at home, in such a manner that she can hide her pedal extremities until further notice.

PrimevalRaptor

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor Yep, exactly. :D

And this is a really great Ouranosaurus, still hoping for one at a lower price range, I'm still sitting with my Schleich and CollectA ones which were...fine-ish for the time but don't do this dinosaur justice.

SidB

I never got the CollectA one, avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor , but I did have the Schleich one once-upon-a-time. It wasn't great, to say the least, but it eventually went along with many of my older figures when i decided to make room for the waves of new, superior ones becoming available.

Carnoking

Couple of ugly mugs from Nanmu arrived yesterday.

Theriz

It's been awhile, but very little has been added to the collection since January. Three figures have been added since the start of the year, and all of them in the last two weeks. Over Spring Break my family and I went to Cashiers, North Carolina for a few days and on the way back we stopped in a plaza somewhere in Georgia to eat lunch. Afterwards, my brother noticed a GameStop and I noticed a Barnes & Noble. We went to them both, and at the Barnes & Noble is where I added my first figure of the year, the Jurassic World Genyodectes (the Brown and Yellow one.) It's a charming little figure, but mine came defective. The bottom covering (the chin) wasn't fully connected and sometimes pop off entirely showing the teeth and tongue still attached to the upper jaw. It's easily re-attachable though, but it does hinder the figure in terms of posing. The other two, as it's Easter Sunday, my mom gifted to me. The figures were the Schleich Dimorphodon (the one who is trying to bite your hand off) and the Jurassic World Eocarcharia. My only complaint with the two is that the Eocarcharia cannot move its head up and down, and the Dimorphodon is a little basic.

EmperorDinobot

Some of my recentish animals. These were all gotten in Feb to March. But there's more, I just haven't dealt with them just yet. These were ready to be processed and put into the toy room.

Libraraptor

Tyco Dino Riders Chasmosaurus. Found it on a fleamarket at the Baltic Sea today together with the Styracosaurus. One little horn at the frill had broken off but nevermind. I found out it is rather rare these days?

EmperorDinobot

Now THAT's a find avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor . It used to be more uncommon a few years back. I'm supposed to have 2 but one got stolen on the way here from Mexico.

Fembrogon

Hammond Collection Concavenator arrived today. On the plus side, the head articulation is amazing. On the minus side, the jaw appears clearly misaligned. Right now I don't care enough to get it replaced, though, and I already attached the tail anyway.
I do like it a lot overall, and hope this bodes well for the Irritator and Metri.

Flaffy

Some ugly mugs added to the collection today...

Tupandactylus is easily the standout of these "Ferocious Pack" figures, as it doesn't look like it's missing half a paint scheme ::)

I was surprised by how much I liked the Xuanhanosaurus's panda-like colour scheme, and asian dinosaurs are always welcome in my book. Though I do wonder why my copy has a loosely fitted jaw. Might go back to the store to get a replacement at some point.

Piatnitzkysaurus I onl got because it's a new genus on the market. Will GLADLY replace this one if a better version came along.

Halichoeres

That Piatnitzkysaurus is so homely! But I'll probably be compelled to get one too if I see one. This wave hasn't shown up much in the US yet. The Xuanhanosaurus looks a little more like somebody actually glanced at a reconstruction of the animal before making the toy.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: