News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian.  I'm over the moon with it.  And it was packed so carefully.  The neck and tail fit so well too.  I gave Ademar a couple of colour suggestions (pictures of sauropods from dinosaur books) and he came up with this amazing synthesis/interpretation.  He said he thinks it's one of the most beautiful he's done.  I plan to send a photo to a palaeontology contact at the NHM, so he knows what they missed out on!

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 11, 2023, 01:35:27 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on August 11, 2023, 01:09:01 PMIn the post yesterday all the way from Brazil. My Patagotitan by Era Terra. Ademar did a wonderful job. ....... It's my treat to celebrate the Patagotitan exhibition (as the NHM had nothing I wanted).

:o Wow! It's wonderful! Love the colours. The NHM should have made a deal with Ademar :) .

SidB

You must have a wonderfully dust-free home, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian , or at least employ a part-time duster for these gems.

Bread

I noticed a wave of recent acquisitions appearing. Congratulations everyone!

I just got my "somewhat" last haul of customs this morning.

All made by dinosaur_models_artworks on instagram!

Front: Dinosauria Creatures 3D printed Allosaurus, designed by Nikola Roglic

Left: Dinosauria Creatures 3D printed Polocanthus, designed by Nikola Roglic

Middle: PNSO's Lythronax with lips added

Back: PNSO's Tyrannosaurus with lips added

I'll post pictures of the PNSO's in the PNSO Customs & Modifications thread. The Polocanthus and Allosaurus will be in the collections thread at some point.

ceratopsian

No, I just live with dust until it shouts for attention S @SidB!  To be fair, many of my models are in cabinets, which helps though doesn't eradicate the problem.

Quote from: SidB on August 11, 2023, 03:53:05 PMYou must have a wonderfully dust-free home, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian , or at least employ a part-time duster for these gems.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on August 11, 2023, 04:28:36 PMI noticed a wave of recent acquisitions appearing. Congratulations everyone!

I just got my "somewhat" last haul of customs this morning.

All made by dinosaur_models_artworks on instagram!

Front: Dinosauria Creatures 3D printed Allosaurus, designed by Nikola Roglic

Left: Dinosauria Creatures 3D printed Polocanthus, designed by Nikola Roglic

Middle: PNSO's Lythronax with lips added

Back: PNSO's Tyrannosaurus with lips added

I'll post pictures of the PNSO's in the PNSO Customs & Modifications thread. The Polocanthus and Allosaurus will be in the collections thread at some point.

Are the Dinosauria Creatures 3D prints actually solid prints? I am just getting a bit worried here because of my recent terrible experience with the Europasaurus prints from Shapeways. The latter were very thin hollow prints, they had a hole in the ventral region, they would not stand on their feet because these hollow prints are so light and one even had half of the snout missing. It was quite frustrating, because these are Galileo Hernandez designs and the sculpts look actually quite good. But with this quality of 3D print there is absolutely no point in getting them painted. But I would expect that Dinosauria Creatures would produce a much much better quality.

Bread

T @thomasw100 I've got six models all printed by Dinosauria Creatures so far, with both artist who painted them saying "they feel high quality" and I have to agree. I am not 100% on which models come separate or require assembly, but I know these two I have did have assembly required. Maybe that's why they're also higher quality feel to them? Meanwhile majority of shapeways require none unless sold by individual piece.

SenSx

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 11, 2023, 01:09:01 PMIn the post yesterday all the way from Brazil. My Patagotitan by Era Terra. Ademar did a wonderful job. A temporary resting place till I've decided if my original idea on display spot actually works! It's my treat to celebrate the Patagotitan exhibition (as the NHM had nothing I wanted).

Someone else's Ademar Patagotitan I see, very beautiful paint job, it almost made me rethink of mine...
But not after I've seen the result from Ademar, he sent me some picks of mine, just waiting to be shipped.
I did not have much imagination sorry, so I just asked the same color of the DinoDragon video review.
I don't know what you think but I find this is such an improvement, to my surprised he accepted to put the nostrils further down on the snout like on modern rescontruction.

ceratopsian

I think that was a good idea to ask to move the nostrils.

Bread

Man... I love seeing more and more sauropods getting the love they deserve. I feel as though they're often forgotten due to size in this hobby. But here we are in 2023 now seeing more and more!

Congratulations both on the Patagotitans!

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on August 11, 2023, 05:01:38 PMT @thomasw100 I've got six models all printed by Dinosauria Creatures so far, with both artist who painted them saying "they feel high quality" and I have to agree. I am not 100% on which models come separate or require assembly, but I know these two I have did have assembly required. Maybe that's why they're also higher quality feel to them? Meanwhile majority of shapeways require none unless sold by individual piece.

Thanks a lot for this information, it is really reassuring and I look forward to my first order from Dinosauria Creatures. Right now I have ordered Tarchia, Kentrosaurus and Camarasaurus. This should expand my inventory of herbivores once more. Together with the Haolonggood Dacentrurus this will nicely round up my little group of stegosauroids. The Camarasaurus should complement the Camarasaurus father and son set from Linghu studio (ordered through Lana), which is currently being painted using a custom design. For the Camarasaurus from Dinosauria Creatures the idea is to have a paint scheme that will somewhat be similar to the Linghu set, but using some color accents to indicate sexual dimorphism. If all works out, it will end up with a nice Camarasaurus family. The paint work for the Dinosauria Creatures models will be done through their contracted painting artist, because this seemed for me the easiest option. It is amazing how the catalogue of Dinosauria Creatures is growing by the day.

Bread

Glad to hear T @thomasw100 and I look forward to your acquisitions, although I am sure that the quality of dinosauria creatures is vastly superior to shapeways, I suggest contacting Dinosauria Creatures to find out exactly their material.

Sim

I've acquired the following:

1. Haolonggood green Dacentrurus.  It's excellent and I love it.  I thought its stripes were white, but seeing it in person they are actually a very light blue.  It looks very realistic.

2. Beasts of the Mesozoic Stenonychosaurus and Buitreraptor pack.  I bought this for the Stenonychosaurus as I thought it could be in 1:35 scale as an adult.  It is based on a reconstruction of an adult.  However, it (and the Buitreraptor) are bigger than I expected, and the Stenonychosaurus is actually 1:20 scale as an adult.  It's fine though, and I'm very happy to have it, it's very good to finally have a troodontid figure.  I initially preferred the colouration of the "Troodon" that came with the mountain accessory pack, but I changed my mind recently as it looks too "snowy" for an animal that lived in the warm Dinosaur Park Formation.  Also, I was happy to buy a figure called Stenonychosaurus instead of one called Troodon.  Being in 1:20 scale, the Stenonychosaurus goes well with the 1:18 BotM dromaeosaurids, particularly the Dromaeosaurus which it coexisted with.
As for the Buitreraptor, it's sculpt is extremely good but I dislike its colouration.  It's made me decide to get the wetlands accessory pack for its Buitreraptor.

3. Beasts of the Mesozoic "juvenile" Centrosaurus.  I've heard that this figure is actually based on an adult specimen, and it has the Centrosaurus look that I like quite a lot with its nose horn shape.  I also thought like with the Stenonychosaurus, it could be an adult in 1:35 scale.  Well, it turns out it's bigger than I thought it would be and it's actually in 1:18 scale... for an adult!  I was surprised by this!  Anyway, I'm still happy to have it!

Fembrogon

This delightful surprise arrived from eBay this weekend - I was able to purchase this for barely over $20, even including shipping! There's no tag and are some noticeable signs of wear, but overall I think the condition is very good, and I'm excited to have this figure in my collection so suddenly! I genuinely was not expecting to be acquiring any more Carnegie figures any time soon.

SidB

Well done, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon . We collect for just such moments.

DragonRider02

ceratopsian

My pair of Haolonggood Dacentrurus turned up just before left the house. A treat tonight!

Fembrogon

Oohh, that's an exciting hall, avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02! I'm hoping to see more tyrannosaurs of my own in the mail soon.

JimoAi

My latest haul. Not too much for my main display but did get some for my others

We'll start with the main display figures:

Got a replacement CollectA pilot whale. The nicest pilot whale thus far. It represents a full grown bull quite well!

Qualia Bigfin reef squid to replace my favourite co one as the proportions are quite off

Kitan club Elephant shark. Will get deeper into the exact species in the review but despite being advertised as a wooden model, I feel this one isn't too intrusive and it's great to have another chimaera in the collection!

toymany Bluespotted ribbontail ray. Was ecstatic to see this figure  being produced! A very welcome addition since it's one of the most beautiful fish in the ocean and one of the most popular rays. The main anatomy is accurate except for some minor nitpicks and it is on par with the Safari Toob figures and that's saying alot for a new company that used to produce bootlegs . Like the Elephant shark, stay tune for the review!

CollectA Elasmosaur. Marketed as an Elasmosaurus but I will database it as Turangisaurus because of the figure size in relation to the scale of my other prehistoric figures and Prehistoric Planet's influence.

Madtsoia (repaint of Bandai's ball python). Got this one due to my gashapon addition. Because I no longer have a modern day terrestrial collection and the length when stretched, I decide to give it an original paint scheme so it can represent a prehistoric snake, which I went for Madtsoia because of its appearance in Prehistoric Planet.

1:1 Marine life

Floral egg crab: my first of Bandai's Dango mushi figures and since I've started getting 1:1 figures, this crab fits both descriptions. I'll be using it as Mr Krabs as Super7 hasn't announced a Mr Krabs ultimate and I associate Mr krabs with crabs in the genus Atergatis because of the typical crab shape and Since crabs in the genus have poisonous flesh, it does go well with Mr Krabs being an overall scummy resident in the show

Papo Common clownfish. Went with this for a 1:1 Clownfish. The Safari is too large and while this figure doesn't fit a max size individual, this figure fits all my needs

4d puzzle Moorish idol. I'm unsure if this is a knockoff because of the sloppier paint but it's a really nice figure nonetheless and the only 1:1 Moorish idol I can think of

CollectA yellow Boxfish. A cute edition to the 1:1 collection. I love that the scales are sculpted which doesn't look obvious in the promo pic.

Misc items

Get in line dinosaur San 2 by Bandai. Added this set to my collection just for the cartoony Mosasaurus but ended up getting all because of the nature of gashapon being random and didn't get it until 8-9 rolls in. The line includes a Parasaurolophus, Velociraptor, Pachycephalosaurus, Allosaurus, Ankylosaurus and the Mosasaurus. They're all chibified this not very accurate: the raptor being naked though it would be awesome to make it bird like and the Mosasaurus having the Jurassic world scutes but having a fluke albiet upside down

Ikessauro

Thought I should share my most recent finds here, so buckle up for a few pics.
First, a Jasman large Pteranodon, which kinda wasn't an intentional buy, came with another dino I purchased. Derpy looking but cool anyway.

Hasbro JP3 Tapejara, which I find quite cool, both in sculpt and color, despite innacuracies.

Some other assorted JP dinos

Also managed to replace my old beat up Thrasher with a very good condition one.

This T.rex came with the Jasman Pteranodon, was for sale really chep on eBay, and I think it might be Sega, although does not have the name of the brand stamped. Also is missing its base.

Also received the last of the Tubbz line I was missing, the Nedry was purchased, but the other new relases were kindly provided to me for free by Numskull Designs to review on my Youtube Channel

Also, this vintage unusual Quetzalcoatlus apparently made by Sun Wai, a brand I know very little of.

After years waiting to find one, finally managed to get this Favorite Black Tyrannosaurus rex

An incredibly well preserved specimen of the Painted Invicta Megalosaurus  ;D

The Baby Titanosaur from Auca Mahuevo, from the Tiniest Giants exhibition

And last but not least, a "new" in box Lubber Grasshopper from the Safari Ltd Smithsonian Insects line

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: