News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Today I acquired the PNSO Megalosaurus and Gorgosaurus.  Both are wonderful figures that I'm happy to have! ^-^

Flaffy

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 20, 2023, 10:16:36 PMUnfortunatelly my Patagotitan arrived damaged, which is quite frustrating considering how expensive it was to get one.The way the folks at the NHM Shop packaged it was kinda absurd. They put the Tubbz T.rex in the bottom of the box, covered it with a ton of packing paper, then put the patagotitan on top and closed the box, leaving the figure to rub against the cardboard all the way from the  UK to Brazil. Not a complete disaster, but I'd expect better packing skills from a MUSEUM shop. I'll try to restore the paint, not sure if that will look good enough, but there's not much else I can do.

Just got mine's today as well, straight from the museum gift shop. Unfortunately I must report back that all copies available suffer from various degrees of paint rubbing.

I highly suspect these models were shipped to the museum warehouse as-is, with zero packaging whatsoever save for the outermost container. i.e. leaving the models to bang up against each other on every step of the transportation process. Not a single one was spared from paint chipping.

I tried to pick one with the least amount of damage, and will post pics once I return home. It's a shame that the NHM decided to cheap out on shipping these models, as they're not inexpensive souvenirs.

Bread

Some Emerson Hul models all built by him.

Hank and the Hatzegopteryx from Prehistoric Planet!

My whole assortment all based on Prehistoric Planet's designs.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bread on September 23, 2023, 07:12:39 PMSome Emerson Hul models all built by him.

Hank and the Hatzegopteryx from Prehistoric Planet!

My whole assortment all based on Prehistoric Planet's designs.

Absolutely beautiful models! :) Congrats! So vibrant :)

Libraraptor

I especially like the colour pattern of the sauropod's neck.

AcroSauroTaurus

Some new PNSO additions.
PNSO Eurhinosaurus

PNSO Styracosaurus-Will be replacing my Safari one.

PNSO Siamosaurus-"Sinopliosaurus"

PNSO Meraxes-Beautifully painted figure, definitely my favorite of the bunch!
I am the Dinosaur King!

SidB

Newest arrival, in today's mail, the HLG 'black' Ampelosaurus, in company with its PNSO mini and CollectA predecessors:

Primeval12

This may be the best Quetzalcoatlus figure on the market and it's a DND mini (by Monsters of the Multiverse). I perfer my pterosaurs standing so I may be biased.

Scales with my Kaiyodo Dakotaraptor (about 1/60)

Over9K

Not actually a toy, but found this at Hobby Lobby. 17"X12", $20. Looks to me like whomever sculpted it at least looked at a real skull twice.

BlueKrono

Minizoo had to go and have a CollectA sale, so I filled in some recent releases. Also an imposter: the Natural History Museum's titanosaurus. It's solid and very heavy. I didn't realize til I got it that it rips off the colors of the SEGA Dinosaur King Saltasaurus. I feel very lucky to have it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Paleo Flo

The final figures arrived at the Florassic Park.
After these three acquisations I'll take a break from serious collecting.
Put I will look out for the Eofauna Rex...which could stage a comeback for me.

The "Final 3" are all from PNSO and are pure icons!

- Lambeosaurus
I had that figure on my mind since it's release and now it is here. It has one of the best patterns, which are very unique.

- T-Rex Cameron
I could not resist. A great piece of art and a wonderful addition for my Andrea Rex.

- Megalosaurus
One of my fav dinosaurus which is a historical landmark. My collection ends with the beginning of paleontology.

Maybe I will post pics later.

"The end ist the beginning is the end"...with a bang
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Carnoking

Quote from: Carnoking on September 01, 2023, 12:20:03 PMThe August acquisitions. Hopefully September makes for a slower month  O:-)

Narrator: But September would not be a slower month.

In my defense, I had these backed from the Kickstarter!

JimoAi

my latest batch of models:

The Safari ltd Postosuchus. Been wanting a Rausuchian for my 9 millionth prehistoric revamp and this one is the perfect size for me. I know Postosuchus is thought to be a biped but maybe this could sub as a different species like Saurosuchus?

Takara Tomy's Sea snake. almost everything about this figure is *chef kiss. from how seamless and how thin it is, it beats all existing sea snake figures

Kaiyodo Blacktip reef shark. IMO the best blacktip figure made.

Kaiyodo Remora. This one was hard to find but glad I found it. The recent Takara Tomy one is tiny, same with the epoch ones and that one has circular seams that looks like it has been bitten off by a Cookiecutter

The access Blue ringed octopus. Been really liking this genus of octopuses alot lately as I have 3 figures. This one, although bigger than the toy spirits one, would be replacing it as it has way better proportions. Paint is questionable though

The access Red stingray. Finally a typical stingray being made into toy form! The third new ray figure this year, along side the Papo Spotted eagle and the Toymany Blue spotted stingray

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Faelrin on September 19, 2023, 12:48:34 AMavatar_Retrosaurus @Retrosaurus Congrats on that vintage figure haul. I'm sure about the others, but if I recall that Bullyland Mastodonsaurus is pretty hard to come by these days isn't it? I imagine that Safari Therizinosaurus in box might be as well, especially in that great condition.

Coincidentally, there are , one bidding at 50 € and two for 79 each. If anyone is interested I can offer proxy....

SidB

Yesterday's post brought this welcome addition from HLG via Lana, the green Daspletosaurus. The current wave of opinion seems to indicate that this is likely to prove to be D. horneri, rather than D. torosus, according to the discussions in this thread.

The lips are most welcome -

A size comparison with Doug Watson's 1/35 scale Wild Safari Daspleto, which Doug has confirmed is D. torosus

Of course the proportions of HLG's figure show a somewhat heftier animal, as well as being approximately 1/31 scale.

At home , chasing down one of my old 1/45 Invicta Cetiosaurs -

JohannesB

Quote from: JimoAi on September 29, 2023, 04:12:44 PM

my latest batch of models:

The Safari ltd Postosuchus. Been wanting a Rausuchian for my 9 millionth prehistoric revamp and this one is the perfect size for me. I know Postosuchus is thought to be a biped but maybe this could sub as a different species like Saurosuchus?

That Postosuchus is a great little figure. I own it too. A reissue with lips would be in order ;-)

Roselaar

Latest batch of Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaurs arrived today! They're soooo gorgeous! :)

Roselaar

JP Legacy Mamenchisaurus has made it to the Netherlands and to my collection! :)

EmperorDinobot

Some of my latest stuff.

Fossilized-Rubber

I think I have you all beat on most money spent to attain the worst dinosaur figures. (I say worst, that's what I'm looking for). On my trip to the US I went to Michaels, where I picked up the Safari ltd good luck dinos pack (it was the last one on the shelf). I also got the Safari ltd toob baby dinos. Both of these are nearly impossible to get in the UK for less than $50 after shipping.

Some of you may know that I was looking for the baby dinos because I have shrunk scale knockoffs.

Then I headed over to Hobby Lobby where to my great joy they had their """own brand""" of Safari Ltd good luck minis which was a slightly worse package with the exact same moulds inside painted differently. Corporate espionage at its finest. They also had definitely-not-toobs with generic stock moulded chinasaurs.

I also saw a set of dig-your-own dinos which had a catalogue of all the dinosaurs on the back. A few of these match some of the dinosaurs I already have and ties them together as a "set".

An excellent result. Also picked up my deiner dinosaurs while in the US. They're 100% knockoffs (they're not eraser material and they're as clean as if they were made yesterday, with fragile casting excess) but they're crisp copies of the originals and just add to my collection of cool bootleg evolutions.
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: