News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Some photos of the Carno and Styraco

Shonisaurus

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. They look great are the styracosaurus and carnotaurus that I've always wanted. I hope that all the novelties of Safari 2019 will be commercialized shortly in Europe in order to buy all these beauties. Thanks for sharing are very nice. Gorgeus!

dinoMD

Thank you for the pictures.  Great looking figures!  Really looking forward to the allosaurus, camrasaurus, and stegosaurus!

Minmiminime

The more I see of those two, the more I like them!! Especially the Carnotaurus
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Brocc21

They only get better the longer you look.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Both figures look beautiful, pity about Styracosaurus' horns, but it's still my favourite Styracosaurus and I will have to get it when it is available in the UK.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Archosauria

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 29, 2018, 08:53:19 PM
Both figures look beautiful, pity about Styracosaurus' horns, but it's still my favourite Styracosaurus and I will have to get it when it is available in the UK.

Is there something wrong with the horns?
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Ravonium

Quote from: Archosauria on November 01, 2018, 04:28:29 AM

I think they're too curved.

Concavenator

The Citipati is now officially available from Safari's website.

I wonder if Dan also has them in store.Anyways,my Citipati is coming home at last  :)

Neosodon

Quote from: Ravonium on November 01, 2018, 06:12:48 AM
Quote from: Archosauria on November 01, 2018, 04:28:29 AM

I think they're too curved.
Long skinny horns like that will always end up bent from storage and shipping. In case someone hasn't already mentioned it, all it takes is hot water to fix it.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Ravonium

Quote from: Neosodon on November 01, 2018, 05:39:33 PM
Long skinny horns like that will always end up bent from storage and shipping.

I agree, but this doesn't appear to be an issue with storage and shipping. Even on the stock image (which they almost certainly wouldn't use a warped figure for), the horns appear more curved than most, if not all Styracosaurus specimens show.

Neosodon

Well, maybe the photographer didn't notice? I think it's a Doug Watson sculpt so if he posts the original sculpt we can know.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

MoarCrossovers

Do we know what scale each figure is in?

Sauropelta

Quote from: Neosodon on November 01, 2018, 05:39:33 PM
Long skinny horns like that will always end up bent from storage and shipping. In case someone hasn't already mentioned it, all it takes is hot water to fix it.

Good tip, will try.

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on November 02, 2018, 08:41:05 AM

Not yet. I'm guessing 1:30-1:35 for Styracosaurus & 1:35-1:40 Carno.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Fenestra

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on November 02, 2018, 08:41:05 AM

Page 25 of this thread:

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 28, 2018, 04:53:42 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on September 27, 2018, 06:39:11 PM
Edit: avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson Would you be able to tell us the scales of these new sculpts? Assuming you haven't already and I missed it.

Woolly Rhinoceros/Coelodonta: 1:30
Citipati: 1:13
Styracosaurus: 1:25
Camarasaurus: 1:40
Prestosuchus: 1:20
Allosaurus: 1:35
Spinosaurus: 1:35
Stegosaurus: 1:35
Pteranodon: 1:22
Carnotaurus: 1:30

Shonisaurus

I celebrate that Safari and in this case Doug Watson make dinosaurs and prehistoric animals that are not made to the same scale. I sincerely prefer a prestosuchus, coelodonta antiquitatis or citipati of a large size on a scale of 1:40 or 1:35.

My congratulations to Doug and Safari.  :)

Halichoeres

First batch of Safari figures available at DeJankins: http://www.dejankins.com/wildsafari
(Carnotaurus, Coelodonta, Prestosuchus, Styracosaurus)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Has anyone gotten the Citipati already? If so,could you please show us this beauty in better detail? O:-)

Can't wait for Dan getting them in store so my order arrives  :P

PhilSauria

Did a comparison image to better see the approach taken on the same animal by two different artists.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 10, 2018, 10:40:37 PM
Did a comparison image to better see the approach taken on the same animal by two different artists.

Thank you PhilSauria! I can't afford to buy everything, so I live for these comparison shots to better inform my purchases!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: