News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Invicta Glyptodon colour?

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, September 18, 2018, 12:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what colour the (non-painted) Invicta Glyptodon is supposed to be, because I have a feeling the one I bought has been re-painted by someone?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

The unconquered glyptodon is red in color, beige or flesh colored.

I pass this link:

http://maxmagnusnorman.com/dinosaurs/glyptodon.shtml

I hope this solves the problem.

DinoToyForum

Yeah, beige. I always think it looks like an egg with legs.  :))

Here is the original and coloured version side by side:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/08/01/glyptodon-british-museum-of-natural-history-by-invicta/

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thanks guys. Mine has definitely been repainted then. It is light grey.

Edit - The correct one does kinda look like an egg with legs.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on September 18, 2018, 12:50:27 AM
Thanks guys. Mine has definitely been repainted then. It is light grey

I don't know about your one (without a picture) but Invicta figures had several versions through years with different colors.
I saw others grey Glyptodon on the web.
Maybe your figure is an original variant..

Lanthanotus

The color is not light resistant.... I had a pristine one in color and form, but several months in my glass cabinet (morning sun, behind two glass panes and shadowed by other figures) faded one side of the figure, so that it is much lighter there in stark contrast to the other, still original side.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

After close inspection the underside of the of its feet, they are roughly that colour. I don't know if it's because someone painted it or it faded or even if it was a painted and the colour came off (though I think they are a different colour underneath?). As soon as I've got an account with a photo sharing site (I used to use photoshop), I'll put a photo of it up, see if it rings any bells with anyone?
Thanks for all the responses

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Assuming this works, here are a couple of pics of my Glyptodon -

The bottom of the feet are a different colour. Is this a normal colouration, paint fading or a repaint?

Halichoeres

I would say the bottoms of the feet reflect something close to the original color and the rest of the figure is faded, probably sun-bleached from being on display in the path of a window.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 30, 2018, 05:54:26 PM
I would say the bottoms of the feet reflect something close to the original color and the rest of the figure is faded, probably sun-bleached from being on display in the path of a window.
Thank you, I'll keep it to one side as a curiosity. I've bought another for my collection.