You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Progress on preparation of "Mukawaryu," Japan's largest complete dinosaur

Started by Halichoeres, September 23, 2018, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

"Mukawaryu" is the informal name for a hadrosauroid unearthed from the Late Cretaceous of Japan. It's the largest dinosaur known from the majority of its skeleton in Japan, so people are pretty excited about it. It isn't yet formally described, but it should be forthcoming in the next couple of years. I bet Favorite will make a figure of it.

Photo from Hokkaido University

https://phys.org/news/2018-09-japan-largest-dinosaur-skeleton-life.html
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Papi-Anon

Doing some quick Romaji to English translating from the net, I THINK the informal name 'Mukawaryu' roughly translates to 'Dragon-bound'? 'Ryu' means 'dragon' (as in the serpentine Asian variety), and 'Mukawa' translates to either 'to face' or 'to go towards'. Another possible interpretation is 'The Dragon is Priceless' with 'muka' meaning 'priceless' and 'wa' meaning 'is/are/am'.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Halichoeres

I think it's named after the town of Mukawa in Hokkaido. I don't know what the origin of the name Mukawa is, but it could be something like "bound" in the sense of "headed toward."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.