News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020 Hopes and Dreams

Started by Night Maw, September 30, 2018, 11:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Crocmimic on February 04, 2019, 04:52:53 AM
I'm baxk with sone more suggestions. Personally I would like to see some oddball Cambrian, Ordivician, Silurian, oddball sea life be brought to the table as they are so interesting and so generally poorly represented by model makers. Also I think an Arthropleura would be completely awesome!

Your previous list was good, but these ideas are excellent.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

As far as arthropods are concerned, I think the best one for Safari to make would be one of the big eurypterids like  Pterygotus or Jaekelopterus. Either would look great alongside all the other sea monsters.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Brocc21

I would kill for a sea scorpion of any sort.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

A cameroceras on a scale of medium-large or large size would be great. I am not an enthusiastic person of uniform scales, I do not care about the scale.

A skorpiovenator would be another good figure in the obscure line of Safari.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Well, now that it's appeared in WWD, Disney's Dinosaur, and been one of the more common creatures found in Jurassic World Alive this past year, I think it's high time that Safari give Koolasuchus a chance to shine! It would be especially nice if it was released alongside Muttaburrasaurus.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping for some new hadrosaurs from Safari. I'd be fine with just about anything, but my top picks would be:
Saurolophus
Olorotitan
Muttaburrasaurus

(I would say a new, larger Edmontosaurus, though I don't think that's likely.)

Other random figures:
Memenchisaurus
any large titanosaur
Concavenator
Shonisaurus or Shastasaurus
Lisowicia
Paraceratherium
any of the large, interesting prosauropods described in the last few years
- Ledumahadi AKA "Giant Thunderclap at Dawn"
- Ingentia
- Lessemsaurus

A "Prehistoric Whales" toob would be flipping fantastic, but more importantly:

I. WANT. A. PERMIAN. TOOB.
I'd be more than happy if they reused some preexisting Toob critters to make this more economical for them: Dimetrodon, Helicoprion, Orthocanthus & Xenocanthus... they could even bring back their Scutosaurus model as a Toob figure! Other than that, I'd just want any other new figures they could cram in there. Edaphosaurus, Estemmenosuchus, a dicynodont, a gorgonopsid, etc.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus Thank you for remembering the paraceratherium, concavenator, saurolophus, olorotitan and my homonym shonisaurus are my favorite prehistoric animals.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 05, 2019, 02:56:20 AM
Well, now that it's appeared in WWD, Disney's Dinosaur, and been one of the more common creatures found in Jurassic World Alive this past year, I think it's high time that Safari give Koolasuchus a chance to shine! It would be especially nice if it was released alongside Muttaburrasaurus.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping for some new hadrosaurs from Safari. I'd be fine with just about anything, but my top picks would be:
Saurolophus
Olorotitan
Muttaburrasaurus

(I would say a new, larger Edmontosaurus, though I don't think that's likely.)

Other random figures:
Memenchisaurus
any large titanosaur
Concavenator
Shonisaurus or Shastasaurus
Lisowicia
Paraceratherium
any of the large, interesting prosauropods described in the last few years
- Ledumahadi AKA "Giant Thunderclap at Dawn"
- Ingentia
- Lessemsaurus

A "Prehistoric Whales" toob would be flipping fantastic, but more importantly:

I. WANT. A. PERMIAN. TOOB.
I'd be more than happy if they reused some preexisting Toob critters to make this more economical for them: Dimetrodon, Helicoprion, Orthocanthus & Xenocanthus... they could even bring back their Scutosaurus model as a Toob figure! Other than that, I'd just want any other new figures they could cram in there. Edaphosaurus, Estemmenosuchus, a dicynodont, a gorgonopsid, etc.

100% on board for a Permian Toob. Also some basal sauropodomorphs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 05, 2019, 02:56:20 AM
SNIP
I'd be up for all that.

I'm currently working on a new and very big wish list/semi-prediction for Safari Ltd and will post as soon as its ready.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 05, 2019, 02:08:00 PM

Yeah, I feel like Plateosaurus is a bit overexposed at this point. Obviously not as much as T. rex, but if you're going to make a toy from a less popular family like the "prosauropods" anyway, why not do something unique?
It's kinda like how often the only hadrosaur anyone makes is Parasaurolophus.

DragonRider02

I'm hoping for Utah or Dakotaraptor. Or Deinonychus.
Also, more pterosaurs! Don't really care which species, but Quadropedal Dsungaripterus would be Perfect.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 06, 2019, 12:30:46 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 05, 2019, 02:08:00 PM

Yeah, I feel like Plateosaurus is a bit overexposed at this point. Obviously not as much as T. rex, but if you're going to make a toy from a less popular family like the "prosauropods" anyway, why not do something unique?
It's kinda like how often the only hadrosaur anyone makes is Parasaurolophus.

Even the available Plateosaurus figures are not especially great. I think there's a good chance Safari will make one soon to replace the old Carnegie version.

Shonisaurus

A megaloceros, synthetoceras, sivatherium, syndyoceras, protoceras or bramatherium would be a bet although risky (I do not believe that it was successful in the market) but brave for Safari. I would like a prehistoric ungulate apart from the macrauchenia.

Oh, I forgot! I'm also hoping for either a Qianzhousaurus or an Alioramus.

suspsy

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 06, 2019, 08:29:32 PM

Those would both be keen. I'd also love to see another tyrannosauroid. Between the CC and WS, we've gotten Dilong, Guanlong, and Yutyrannus, but I really want Sinotyrannus:

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Quote from: suspsy on March 07, 2019, 12:13:04 AM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 06, 2019, 08:29:32 PM

Those would both be keen. I'd also love to see another tyrannosauroid. Between the CC and WS, we've gotten Dilong, Guanlong, and Yutyrannus, but I really want Sinotyrannus:

Oh, wow, yeah! With a head crest like that, how could I say no?  :))

alexeratops

I want an Anamalocaris on a base, similar to Favorite Co.'s, but more accessible. Also a Eurypterid would be lovely.
like a bantha!

Jose S.M.

I'm almost confident that I will at least like most of the future releases. It's been like 3 years in a row that I love all of their dinosaurs (save the Amarga, it's not bad but too big for me). My only gripe this year were the feet of the Carno (I have the idea of practicing customization to see if I'm good enough to make the feet more of my liking but it will take time). well to the point now: since Safari rarely dissapoints me,  I don't have any particular wishes except for an hadrosaur or ornithopod  and more paleozoic creatures!

The Prehistoric Traveler

1. Australopithecus
2. Bos primigenius
3. Deinotherium
4. Deinonychus
5. Qianzhousaurus (Pinocchio Rex)
6. Archelon
7. Helicoprion
8. Tiktaalik
9. Panthera spelaea (cave lion)
10. Cameroceras

Concavenator

We do need up-to-date versions of Deinonychus and Pachycephalosaurus, although a new Utahraptor or Dakotaraptor would be great.Or a new Gorgosaurus that teaches the Papo version some scientific accuracy ;)

Shonisaurus

A majungasaurus or a rajasaurus would be two interesting additions of theropods.

On the other hand a mapusaurus or a gorgosaurus, albertosaurus, daspletosaurus, alioramus, alectrosaurus or tarbosaurus would be interesting dinosaurs many of them know many skeletal remains.

On the other hand it would be interesting some exotic dinosaur, concavenator, tarascosaurus, europasaurus, miragaia (update of the outstanding figure of the missing Carnegie), pelecanimus, torvosaurus, hysilophodon, scipionyx, dicraeosaurus would be other obscure figures that could make the mark Safari.

A gigantic prehistoric crocodile like sarcoscuchus, deinosuchus or purussaurus. They would be pretty figures at the toy market.

Finally I wish that Doug Watson (hopefully Doug and Safari would listen to me) to make a paraceratherium that represents that species in an outstanding way is one of my favorite prehistoric mammals, together with uintatherium, elasmotherium, megacerops, arsinoitherium, brontops, teleoceras and embolotherium, Although the paraceratherium is represented, I would like it to be represented in a colossally brilliant way.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: