News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna 1:35 Giganotosaurus

Started by Reptilia, October 06, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin_

Having seen their magnificent proboscideans I'd love to see a sauropod from them.

tanystropheus

I don't even have any words left to say.
It's as if they analyzed all our forum comments and then proceeded to create the ultimate Giga. Papo missed the ball (even if Papo made one, it would probably not surpass their Acro by much).
-more "lifelike" than Papo
-more "accurate" than Safari
-more "legendary" than Battat.
It's okay if Eofauna makes one dinosaur a year... if we end up getting 11/10 rating figures, we will all have a dream collection of dinosaurs.
(also, looking forward to their exotic prehistoric elephants, rhinos and primitive whales).

Syndicate Bias

Papo missed their best shot when Vitae rolled around last year but Eofauna pretty much sealed the deal with a much more affordable and better Giganotosaurus than any other company has created so far.

My only wish is that one day Eofauna makes a Carcharodontosaurus

ITdactyl

Quote from: Justin_ on October 07, 2018, 06:41:26 PM
Having seen their magnificent proboscideans I'd love to see a sauropod from them.

^This.  A hundred times this.  I think even if they went for one of the smaller or dwarf sauropods it'd still be awesome.

Fembrogon

A big sauropod is what I'd like to see most from Eofauna in the future - a 1:40 Diplodocid or Titanosaur by them would be glorious.
Frankly, I'm kind of dismayed we don't have any toys of Dreadnoughtus or Patagotitan yet, for all the publicity those discoveries got. Eofauna would be the dream team to resolve that, I think.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Fembrogon on October 07, 2018, 09:10:24 PM
A big sauropod is what I'd like to see most from Eofauna in the future - a 1:40 Diplodocid or Titanosaur by them would be glorious.
Frankly, I'm kind of dismayed we don't have any toys of Dreadnoughtus or Patagotitan yet, for all the publicity those discoveries got. Eofauna would be the dream team to resolve that, I think.

A deluxe sauropod would probably cost around $70-90. I'm guessing large theropods would be around $29-44. However, if we get an extraordinary Mamenchi for sub $100, I would be willing to pay the price...perhaps skip a few meals here and there to make up the cost  ;D

I wouldn't be surprised if CollectA makes a Dreadnoughtus or Patagotitan at some point but it will be smallish.

croco_105

I think it's great that Eofauna are putting their spin on giganotosaurus.  The amount of research and attention to detail is what sets this company a part from the competition whos products look like "toys" in comparison.  I mean they even sculpted the underlying skeleton then the muscles on top (in 3D) then the skin, who else does that!!??  The skin folds and wrinkle details are so life like, other companies usually have unrealistic details sculpted in that look too simplified. 

I know a few users would have liked a more obscure species but when a company makes such an incredible model it is hard to pass on.  For example there could be 10 other subpar models on the market that haven't done justice to the species, does that mean no one else should try their hand at making a truly accurate model?

I am thrilled to see a company like Eofauna come in and teach the other companies how to do things right! ;D

I don't think this was posted but I found a higher resolution image of the figure on Eofauna's Twitter.
I also closed the mouth in Photoshop to see how it would look (they mentioned that the jaw is hinged)

Patrx

Alas, seeing your edit with the mouth closed just makes me realize how much nicer the whole thing would look if the teeth were covered.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI also closed the mouth in Photoshop to see how it would look (they mentioned that the jaw is hinged)

Excellent work, although I hope it looks as good as your edit. A lot of companies have trouble getting the closed jaw to look smooth and natural (for example Rebor).

KeU

The sculpt looks fantastic.
Seems like it balances nicely as well.
Pity they used the old restoration instead of the latest like Vitae.
Looks like it will display nicely with the Safari version.

mgaguilar

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 07, 2018, 07:45:02 PM
I don't even have any words left to say.
It's as if they analyzed all our forum comments and then proceeded to create the ultimate Giga. Papo missed the ball (even if Papo made one, it would probably not surpass their Acro by much).
-more "lifelike" than Papo
-more "accurate" than Safari
-more "legendary" than Battat.
It's okay if Eofauna makes one dinosaur a year... if we end up getting 11/10 rating figures, we will all have a dream collection of dinosaurs.
(also, looking forward to their exotic prehistoric elephants, rhinos and primitive whales).

THIS.
All of this. Eofauna is making out to be a name for the history books. Their extant animals were gorgeous, but I do think that it'll be the dinosaurs that propel them into the big leagues.
Not to say that they shouldn't be making extant animals, but if they increase their operations and production, they will most likely be the most anticipated releases for any given year.

Shonisaurus

The giganotosaurus of Eofauna surpasses all dinosaur brands made to date. I have to admit it leaves less to companies like Safari, Bullyland, Schleich or Vitae to give some examples.

I understand that other companies will have it very difficult when it comes to making a giganotosaurus that exceeds in genius the brand Eofauna.

Eofauna seems tailor made for most of us who are members of DTF is a very cool company and its figures are the best on the market when it comes to the three species represented.

These figures are going to lose forever. They are not fashionable figures of a decade or four decades. These figures will remain in the annals of history (I refer to Eofauna) as emblematic figures and examples to be followed by other companies. I'm excited and very happy with your figures. They are cheap considering the material they use, well made (they do not differ from resin figures) and pretty. They are cool figures, gorgeus.

The realism of the articulated jaw has me spellbound. Let's hope it does not have problems like other dinosaur companies with articulated jaws. I sincerely like to have the figures of dinosaurs with articulated jaws as a rule with their mouths open, with a threatening aspect, seeing all the details of the mouth.

I congratulate Eofauna for these details and because the members of DTF have been heard in their consultations when they had planned to create this brand and asked us what our preferences were. You are great, this excited with this brand.

Dobber

Wow! This does look amazing!

I too would love to see a Tyrannosaurus from them.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Whilst I'm not enthralled at another big Giganotosaurus over something different, this figure looks absolutely stunning. I just don't know if I can bring myself to get it though.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

PhilSauria

Croco_105, you beat me to the punch; I was going to post a closed-mouth version tonight but yours looks neater and you had a higher-res image to work with. It's a done deal as far as I'm concerned that I'll be ordering one of these, and displaying it with mouth closed. We don't know for sure if Papo had plans (do we?) to put out their take on this species but if they did then at this stage I think that they should quietly shelve it! I'm sure that Eofauna will get around to a Sauropod at some stage and when they do I'm also sure we'll all be as knocked out as we are with this release. They don't churn these things out in a hurry but so far it's been worth the wait.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Patrx on October 07, 2018, 11:27:49 PM
Alas, seeing your edit with the mouth closed just makes me realize how much nicer the whole thing would look if the teeth were covered.

I'm a bit conflicted on this. Those teeth look quite elegant, individually sculpted...not muddy or sloppy looking like those found in some Schleich, Safari or CollectA models.

JohannesB

I would be more than happy to wait for "just" one quality model per year from Eofauna if it is as good as this (and we can be quite sure of that). But if they were able to do two, that would be awesome.

Ravonium

Quote from: mgaguilar on October 07, 2018, 11:40:00 PM
Their extant animals were gorgeous...

Unless you know something I don't, haven't all of EoFauna's models so far been of non-extant animals?

John

Quote from: Ravonium on October 08, 2018, 04:08:08 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on October 07, 2018, 11:40:00 PM
Their extant animals were gorgeous...

Unless you know something I don't, haven't all of EoFauna's models so far been of non-extant animals?
A few years ago,EoFauna had a series of resin models of both modern and prehistoric elephants.They were some of the best models of their kind ever made before or since.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: