News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eofauna 1:35 Giganotosaurus

Started by Reptilia, October 06, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Giganotosaurus carolinii - 1:35 scale

Third model from Eofauna, and first dinosaur after two fantastic proboscideans. Hands down the best representation of the genus, including kits and statues that I'm aware of. I think the head still suffers a bit of shrink-wrapping, but it is rather common for theropod figures, so it doesn't bother me that much. Overall the sculpt is great, both pose and colours look very naturalistic, no glaring anatomical issues to be detected.

Kudos to Eofauna!

Minmiminime

Yep. Totally on board with this one. As I prefer Mesozoic animals, it was quite some achievement that this is the only company who's prehistoric probiscidean persuaded me to part with my cash since the Invicta woolly mammoth. This first dinosaur offering is so beautiful I could weep. Duly reserved!!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

From the get go Eofauna have proved their excellence, in sculpt quality, scientific accuracy, and communication with their customers. This Giganotosaurus just further goes to show how amazing this company is. I honestly can't wait to see more from them, regardless of whether it's a dinosaur or prehistoric mammal.

Syndicate Bias

Not gonna lie this makes me wanna see how a t rex from them would be like

Shonisaurus

I would like Eofauna soon to reveal more photographs of this figure of that gigantic Argentine theropod.

Honestly it will be the best giganotosaurus in PVC that has been made to date. This dinosaur is incomparable, even surpasses the paleoartistic recreations of Eofauna. It looks more like a resin figure than a PVC figure.

A masterpiece this figure is already legendary. Realism in terms of painting, anatomical details of the body (such as joints) make this figure unique. In fact, I have it commissioned at www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk

The rest of dinosaur toy companies have emerged and a fearsome competitor difficult to match. My congratulations to Eofauna and hopefully they will reveal more figures of prehistoric animals and if they can be obscure much better.

Dinoreplicas

It really is a beaut, would love to see some hi-res multi-angle photos.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 06, 2018, 03:29:16 PM

Eofauna...

Scientifically accurate T.rex...

Imagine the possibilities...

Halichoeres

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 06, 2018, 04:04:31 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 06, 2018, 03:29:16 PM

Eofauna...

Scientifically accurate T.rex...

Imagine the possibilities...

Please no.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

I would be down for EoFaunas Interpretation of T.Rex.

Judgeing from the photos, there Giganotosaurus is one of the best Dinosaur models i have seen to date.

Syndicate Bias

Maybe after they do a concavenator and Carcharodontosaurus and Tyrannotitan should they do a T Rex  ;)

Sauropelta

What were the colors inspired by? Looks to be some kind of green lizard. My only concern for this figure is the price, I imagine it's going to be around 30-40 dollars.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

JohannesB

30 Dollars sounds reasonable. 40 Dollars not anymore, I think. Although I guess for that price you would get the most beautiful figure of this dinosaur made until now.

I for one would like to see a Tyrannosaurus figure, with all the latest studies, for example about gastralia (more of a big barrel-shaped torso with the pubis not protruding like in most interpretations?), incorporated. Well, any figure made by Eofauna is according to the latest studies, of course.

Jose S.M.

I don't have the Palaeoloxodon but it looks bulky, this Giga might be longer but not as bulky, maybe the price is similar, around $35.
I would like to see what  they do with Tyrannosaurus but not right now.

Ravonium

I am disinterested in the species choice, but it is a fantastically sculpted and painted model nonetheless, and it is the best carcharodontosaurid model I've seen  :)  I'll probably get it to replace the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus as the carcharodontosaurid of my collection.

I personally would prefer their second dinosaur model not be a T. rex, but I wouldn't mind it anymore than this  8)

Shonisaurus

I would be in favor of making the exotic theropod concavenator concurvatus the Eofauna brand has potential. Obviously the Tyrannosaurus Rex sells a lot but I prefer an obscure species like this one that is also well preserved in the fossil record and still to be honest in my case there is no paleoartistic representation of that dinosaur that impresses me in an outstanding way.

Certainly the concavenator of Safari, Collecta and Favorite are very good but honestly I would like something higher, without being a tripod and without being supported on a physical or removable base and if it could be that I did not have sustainability problems.

Dinomike

This model looks alive. Already preordered it from ED.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 06, 2018, 10:59:44 PM
I would be in favor of making the exotic theropod concavenator concurvatus the Eofauna brand has potential. Obviously the Tyrannosaurus Rex sells a lot but I prefer an obscure species like this one that is also well preserved in the fossil record and still to be honest in my case there is no paleoartistic representation of that dinosaur that impresses me in an outstanding way.

Certainly the concavenator of Safari, Collecta and Favorite are very good but honestly I would like something higher, without being a tripod and without being supported on a physical or removable base and if it could be that I did not have sustainability problems.

What about Paleocrafts Concavenator? Unless eofauna makes one that is the best one in the market only con for some.people is that it's a resin kit

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias I mean a concavenator in PVC or vinyl. In resin there are outstanding concavenator figures as well as other obscuring species. I mean a PVC or vinyl concavenator toy piece that is a masterpiece, even better than all its predecessors in the toy market.

Sim

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 06, 2018, 10:59:44 PM

I don't think Concavenator is obscure.  I think it's become a relatively well-known dinosaur and it's had decent representation in figure form, being made by both of the main companies who tend to make more accurate figures - Safari and CollectA.  Favorite's Concavenator is also quite impressive, and even Geoworld has made it.

If Eofauna made an obscure species, I might find it appealing depending on the species choice, but Concavenator doesn't have the appeal of being obscure, to me.  Obscure, for me, could be something that has had very little or no good figure representation.  I wouldn't like to see another Concavenator figure be made to be an "obscure species" while theropods/dinosaurs that really need a good figure representation continue to not be made.  If one considers making a Concavenator, I believe it should be considered as one of the species that has good representation in figure form.

Additionally, Concavenator is quite similar to the one dinosaur Eofauna has made so far - Giganotosaurus.  They are both in the same family, the Carcharodontosauridae, and part of the bigger group Allosauroidea.  I would like it if Eofauna would give priority to making different kinds of theropods instead of repeating ones from the same group.  I think this would allow more people to get a species they really like.  For example, allosauroids are not a type of dinosaur I really like.  If Eofauna made Concavenator next, it would be the same type of dinosaur as Giganotosaurus and again something I have no interest in.

Also, I would really like to see a company bring more variety to theropod figures.  Allosauroids are the best represented group of theropods in figures, there are lots of options for these animals.  There's also plenty of decent options for Tyrannosaurus.  And with the upcoming releases from Schleich, Safari and PNSO, it looks like there will be enough good Spinosaurus figures.  With theropods I actually like though, there are very little or no good figure options.  I'd really like companies to offer nice and accurate representations of the following theropods: Herrerasaurus (this might or might not be a theropod, in any case it's one of the prehistoric animals I'd most like to have a good figure of), megalosauroids (except for Spinosaurus), ornithomimosaurs, dromaeosaurids, troodontids.

I'm not saying don't make Concavenator, but I'd like other types of theropods which really lack good figures to be given priority over another allosauroid.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Sim @Sim Maybe the concavenator is not an obscure species as you have pointed out, Sim but there are tyrannosaurus species that are not tyrannosaurus rex that are dark or very poorly represented species, the gorgosaurus, daspletosaurus, albertosaurus, tarbosaurus, alioramus to put five examples would be interesting that Eofauna did as theropods before the well-known and inonic tyrannosaurus rex.

As I have repeated on numerous occasions, the theropods of tyrannosaurus rex species that are not tyrannosaurs are not sufficiently represented in an acceptable size, except for Favorite's magnificent tarbosaurus. I recommend Eofauna to make some theropod of the aforementioned, since it would be a sales success similar to what they would get with a tyrannosaurus rex, but at a 1:25 or 1:30 scale so that they would be at an acceptable size in this way.

The concavenator has a very good Carnegie and the same can be said of the Collecta and Favorite apart from Geoworld (that I do not have) I know that it is already sufficiently represented in the toy market and I understand your position and can not say on my part which is an exotic theropod in the toy market. Perhaps my desire to make a concavenator by Eofauna is for being a theropod of the Iberian Peninsula and without a doubt lived in the territories in which I currently live that's why I wanted that theropod, but you're right in everything you say Sim .

Another figure that you would like as much to you as the other members of the forum would be the torvosaurus, nanotyrannus, neovenator or herrerasaurus that unfortunately is misrepresented in the market with the figure of Schleich that honestly does not convince me even if he is a buyer of his Constant and faithful figures but you're right.  :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.