News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna 1:35 Giganotosaurus

Started by Reptilia, October 06, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 07, 2018, 07:45:02 PM
I don't even have any words left to say.
It's as if they analyzed all our forum comments and then proceeded to create the ultimate Giga. Papo missed the ball (even if Papo made one, it would probably not surpass their Acro by much).
-more "lifelike" than Papo
-more "accurate" than Safari
-more "legendary" than Battat.
It's okay if Eofauna makes one dinosaur a year... if we end up getting 11/10 rating figures, we will all have a dream collection of dinosaurs.
(also, looking forward to their exotic prehistoric elephants, rhinos and primitive whales).

I would most compare this to seeing the best of the Battat dinosaur line for the first time.The way this Giganotosaurus simply blows you away upon first sight is how it was with Battat's Diplodocus and Tyrannosaurus for me back in the 90's.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: John on October 08, 2018, 05:25:46 PM
Quote from: Ravonium on October 08, 2018, 04:08:08 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on October 07, 2018, 11:40:00 PM
Their extant animals were gorgeous...

Unless you know something I don't, haven't all of EoFauna's models so far been of non-extant animals?
A few years ago,EoFauna had a series of resin models of both modern and prehistoric elephants.They were some of the best models of their kind ever made before or since.

Shonisaurus

Hopefully one day Eofauna will continue with the production of prehistoric elephants among which are the mammoth meridionalis, mammoth americanum and deinotherium (certainly the latter one of the largest prehistoric elephants and that existed for a long period on earth with little change ).

I am one hundred percent sure that they will be just as great or even more so than the palaeoloxodon antiquus and mammoth trogontherii.

Shonisaurus

In the following facebook link of Eofauna you can see in more detail the head of the giganotosaurus and every time I am more in love with this figure, I pass the link,

https://www.facebook.com/EoFauna/photos/a.494257077281866/2843786152328935/?type=3&theater

Minmiminime

You and me both, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus ! I've been checking all day to see if more pictures were forthcoming, thank you for posting this link ;D Just...wow 😻 It's like looking at a live animal, just like the Palaeoloxodon!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

I wish I had this already in my hands  ;D
That head sculpt is flawless and the eyes dont look goofy I love it!

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

Minmiminime

Shonisaurus

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji It looks magnificent is an exquisite work of paleoart. Thanks for posting the pictures. The giganotosaurus of Eofauna will make things very difficult to the rest of toy dinosaur companies that want to make this figure.

Already without commercializing the giganotosaurus is a legendary, awesome and very cool figure. Thanks Eofauna!

Syndicate Bias

Dino world on Facebook has priced their Giganotosaurus at 990 Bht or however you say the currency for Thailand. So that's about 29 USD dollars. Is that how much it will be then? Its 11cm high as a member from eofauna told me on FB.

Minmiminime

Sounds like a pretty good price! I'm guessing that'll make it around £25 here in the UK

Sauropelta

30 dollars is right on the borderline of what I'd pay for a figure. So seriously considering buying this now. Will it be on amazon?
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

IrritatorRaji

Very pleased with the estimated price! I would have been happy paying £40 for this, the fact that it's looking to be just over half that price is amazing :)

Lanthanotus

Price sounds quite good :)

Shonisaurus

It's great the giganotosaurus is good, nice and cheap. In my nation, the three adjectives are written with B.

Eofauna is the best dinosaur toy company in terms of all the figures that have been made and that is sold soon three or four months (giganotosaurus). Eofauna is a company to be considered by those of us who are collectors.

KeU

As much as I whine about the inaccuracies to the skull restoration, I will still probably end up getting it.
Seems like a very close 2nd to Vitae as the most accurate Giganotosaurus.
Everything past the post orbital looks to be greatly elongated.
But the snout matched up nicely with Scott Hartman's skeletal.

Fembrogon

I agree that 29-30 USD sounds like a good price, if it proves to be true. Safari ltd. sells their Giga for about 21 USD on their site, so given the greater sculpt/paint detail on Eofauna's, I think the price is reasonably higher.

Syndicate Bias

Shot comparisons I'm guessing as best as it can be. Found it on DinoWiki on FB

IrritatorRaji

Completed Giganotosaurus illustration for the ED facts sheets

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: